What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman??

nontime111

Juniors
Maybe we just can win the comp! Great team!
thanks brother

Yes I think we can give it one HELL of a shake now due to our depth......with Norman in his crack spot as half ( with Widdop will be a deadly combo), total attacking barrage with Dufter and Lomax backing up) and Hunt, well being the current Australian hooker he should move there and get breaks from mcinnis off the bench, Robson, Field can still have a go Im sure therell be periods for them, specially during origin, but yes we have the depth now I think to really take back our rightful place as Kings of league again

with Luch coming off the bench I think well be an ATTACKING barrage!!

JDHD

Juniors
Given the fact NORMAN and HUNT have played together for the DONKEYS the long term should see them play HALF and FIVE EIGHT with widdop at CENTRE and switching with DUFFMAN in defence.well if I was coach that's what I would do .MARY well that's anyone's guess...........

That’s a terrible idea

JDHD

Juniors
I actually think this is a far, far bigger signing than some realise.

He has been well and truly dicked around by the Eels. His off field stuff didn't help, but shortly after he joined the Eels had their cap scandal, were stripped of 12 points and missed the finals as a result. And then the following year he has been a huge part of shooting them into the top 4, and were one of the few teams who could push the Storm to the limit in 2017.

2018 was just shocking for the club, but there was far more at play in that performance than any one player.

Looking forward to his signing

I’d also point out that his off field stuff was basically carrying some Molly and having someone leak a sex tape that was filmed without his knowledge or consent. He almost won the Dally m in 2016 despite a 10 week suspension.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
I still can't believe Widdop wants to return to England. I'm hoping he gets over his home sickness and will play on after 2019. When he is not in the team through injury or reps you can see the team lacking in confidence. On his day he is one of the elite players in the NRL. He and other senior players will bring out the best in Corey Norman.

Life's Good

Coach
I’m happy with Norman signing. I think our club culture will be the sort of thing that will help him thrive. That & a gun forward pack. His left foot kicking is a point of difference that will be a welcome bonus.
Parra will be happy too. They will now have the money to keep Hayne.....

Out of jai....

nontime111

Juniors
yep, youd think now if we DO really fire and get a decent team together around the attacking flair of those 3, that Widdop might like to actually stay put a while..... maybe hed be swayed if he gets a GF or 2

BLM01

First Grade
I still can't believe Widdop wants to return to England. I'm hoping he gets over his home sickness and will play on after 2019. When he is not in the team through injury or reps you can see the team lacking in confidence. On his day he is one of the elite players in the NRL. He and other senior players will bring out the best in Corey Norman.

I think you better think of another reason why he wants to go home. He denied it himself emphatically that home sickness was not the reason. His wife is from here and kids born here too.
I want him to stay and at least see out his contract to the end of 2021, hoping we could asemble a squad to win the big 1. He has won a comp with Melbourne so I have accepted the fact it is just what he can get over there to finish his career cant and wont be offered over here. Even from 2020 while he still has some youth on his side.

grouch

First Grade
I’d also point out that his off field stuff was basically carrying some Molly and having someone leak a sex tape that was filmed without his knowledge or consent.
Think he also got fined by his club for drinking while on injury rehab. Also enjoys some late night Golden Century with bikies and terrorists? He's firmly in the dickhead category.

That said, I do like him as a player. Pure footballer

There are low iq eels fans who like to scapegoat players like Norman of course, but I know of many many more who are extremely unhappy this is happening. They want Moses gone, not Norman
Moses was a lot of the reason why Norman's form slumped.
Overrated and inconsistent.
Hunt will be a different proposition and that pairing may well turn out to be much more decisive and potent than Hunt/ Widdop.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I am concerned that the signing of Norman now has been done to bring forward Widdop's departure date by about a year ie soon. Why else sign a high cost half (and yes I am aware Parra will be be paying a good portion of his salary in 2019) when a high quality big fast winger is what is really needed, if Widdop was really staying.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
There are low iq eels fans who like to scapegoat players like Norman of course, but I know of many many more who are extremely unhappy this is happening. They want Moses gone, not Norman

Agree moses has been touble everywhere he has been .
Norman will go ok this year and better next year. Big jimmy will look after him.
All good in dragon land

Last edited:

Latest posts