What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Expansion?

flippikat

Bench
Canberra would have been a good choice IMO. 400K to draw from with no competing summer teams.

They may still get the nod, via a different pathway.

I wouldn't be surprised if FFA yank the license from the Phoenix in 2020 & pass it on to Canberra. Not at all surprised. Then the A-League would have a pretty decent footprint with 12 teams.

They may still get the nod, via a different pathway.

I wouldn't be surprised if FFA yank the license from the Phoenix in 2020 & pass it on to Canberra. Not at all surprised. Then the A-League would have a pretty decent footprint with 12 teams.

A good start. I think Melbourne and Sydney can support 3 teams. A bit of parochialism in those cities might drive up numbers. Canberra certainly should have been a team to get a go though.

If it meant the Nix went for Canberra I would support that.

t-ba

Post Whore
Well, at least they went with Macarthur instead of destroying Sydney's Fanbase with that Shire nonsense.

RandyAndy

Juniors
Well, at least they went with Macarthur instead of destroying Sydney's Fanbase with that Shire nonsense.

recently came across this thread and have concerns as to why aleague brought in a new sydney based team. as my beloved wsw will be playing in a new stadium and smurfs will be too in a few years to continue to grow the rivalry between the two current teams every year and find it hard how a third team will gain any traction in the region.

i felt canberra would have been a better option (but does get quite warm in summer)and also a stand alone wollongong option would have been quite exciting for the game and most of the infrastructure is already in place to cater to hosting matches

a missed oppotunity i think

Latest posts