What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As usual trying to turn it onto someone else.
Not at all, merely pointing out the irony that in trying to have a crack at me you are displaying the exact actions you are trying to chastise me for.

Different people hold different viewpoints on life.

Clearly you and I do.

That doesn’t make either of us a bad person, just means we most likely wouldn’t be associating with each other outside of this forum.

The Damo

Juniors
Terrible news and hopefully something that will get dealt with quickly for the victim and De Belin's sake. The longer it drags on the worse it gets.

Why De Belin would do such a thing or put himself in this situation at this time in his careers really astounds me. They get drilled on how to act during their time off plus it is common sense to most how to act, why you would choose not to is just plain dumb. Anyway, lets see what the courts say. Innocent til proven guilty.

And as per above, Stewart was also accused of similar or worse and got cleared so it's best not to judge too quickly.
I agree with all that, but it’s worth noting the charge laid against Jack is more serious than the charge against Brett.

Old Timer

Coach
Not at all, merely pointing out the irony that in trying to have a crack at me you are displaying the exact actions you are trying to chastise me for.

Different people hold different viewpoints on life.

Clearly you and I do.

That doesn’t make either of us a bad person, just means we most likely wouldn’t be associating with each other outside of this forum.
The difference is you have judged JDB and have him in your sights and have done so without him being given any chance of giving his side of the story and obviously you have come to the conclusion that JDB's denial is a falsehood.
You have introduced the emotive issue of a pregnancy which I say is irrelevant if one holds the moral position that you take. Surely you don't believe there are degrees of (if in fact JDB did) cheating?
I haven't judged any of them and have asked for people to wait and see.
There is no irony in me having a crack at you I am merely calling out your judgemental behaviour which is based on newspaper reports and an unproven police charge.
One would hope if you ever serve on a jury that you might hang around long enough to hear all the evidence before you convict someone.

Das Hassler

Bench
Nothing will expose someone being out of touch faster than the classic "playstation is a kids activity" argument.

These idiots are not getting in trouble because of their playstation, movies, televisions, or any form of media. They're getting in trouble because they're morons

No...it's certainly not about them getting into trouble because of what they watch or listen to...it's about them remaining and acting like adolescents right through to middle age and often beyond.

Drakon

Juniors
I agree with all that, but it’s worth noting the charge laid against Jack is more serious than the charge against Brett.
Noted but the same principle applies. We don't know the facts - only a few newspaper reports and Jack claims his innocence and will have his day in court.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The difference is you have judged JDB and have him in your sights and have done so without him being given any chance of giving his side of the story and obviously you have come to the conclusion that JDB's denial is a falsehood.
You have introduced the emotive issue of a pregnancy which I say is irrelevant if one holds the moral position that you take. Surely you don't believe there are degrees of (if in fact JDB did) cheating?
There is no irony in me having a crack at you I am merely calling out your judgemental behaviour which is based on newspaper reports and an unproven police charge.
One would hope if you ever serve on a jury that you might hang around long enough to hear all the evidence before you convict someone.

My whole point is around the type of behaviour I would consider acceptable in those I call friends around me, but clearly your agenda is something completely different.

I’m not going to waste my time (or everyone else’s) right now given you’re clearly off on another one of your tangents..

Brutalitops

Juniors
Completely separating anything related from JDB right now and just talking about cheating in general, I actually do believe there are degrees of cheating. Even in its standard form it's disgraceful, but imo something certain relationships can recover from if they have it in them.

I think cheating while pregnant is probably impossible to recover from though and cannot be dismissed as a drunken mistake

Regarding the JDB business I agree with you however, dragging it all through the mud at this early point helps neither him nor the girl

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
No...it's certainly not about them getting into trouble because of what they watch or listen to...it's about them remaining and acting like adolescents right through to middle age and often beyond.
But that's exactly what I take issue with in your post: the idea that video games, movies, etc are adolescent activities went out of date in the 1990s, in fact the vast, vast majority of the population who do that are full time employed middle aged adults.

I just have a problem with that aspect as it's a rather large scapegoat regarding bad behaviour while ignoring the true source of this stuff, which is much more complicated

Old Timer

Coach
My whole point is around the type of behaviour I would consider acceptable in those I call friends around me, but clearly your agenda is something completely different.

I’m not going to waste my time (or everyone else’s) right now given you’re clearly off on another one of your tangents..
"but clearly your agenda is something completely different" you really don't have a clue do you?
Ask yourself these 2 questions
If JDB walked up to you today and said "let's have a coffee" what would you do?
If JDB is found innocent of all charges what will you think of your premature guilty verdict and would you expect your friends to stick by you despite your obvious gross error of judgement?
Maybe you and Brutalitops can have coffee together and discuss why people are so quick to judge, why the emotive issue of a pregnancy makes cheating more heinous and the virtues of outing former friends from your circle.

Brutalitops

Juniors
"but clearly your agenda is something completely different" you really don't have a clue do you?
Ask yourself these 2 questions
If JDB walked up to you today and said "let's have a coffee" what would you do?
If JDB is found innocent of all charges what will you think of your premature guilty verdict and would you expect your friends to stick by you despite your obvious gross error of judgement?
Maybe you and Brutalitops can have coffee together and discuss why people are so quick to judge, why the emotive issue of a pregnancy makes cheating more heinous and the virtues of outing former friends from your circle.
Think you're certainly overreacting here, I've prefaced most of posts with an ''if" and my last several posts have been totally separate from the JDB issue altogether. I obviously do not judge JDB as if he has done it, but I can certainly talk about how I'll feel if it turns out he did.

Nobody has said he's guilty

Das Hassler

Bench
But that's exactly what I take issue with in your post: the idea that video games, movies, etc are adolescent activities went out of date in the 1990s, in fact the vast, vast majority of the population who do that are full time employed middle aged adults.

I just have a problem with that aspect as it's a rather large scapegoat regarding bad behaviour while ignoring the true source of this stuff, which is much more complicated

Ok....yes i take your point and you're right. Delete the playstation reference. You've missed my point though which doesnt matter...believe it or not i'm fairly sure we're saying the same thing

Brutalitops

Juniors
Ok....yes i take your point and you're right. Delete the playstation reference. You've missed my point though which doesnt matter...believe it or not i'm fairly sure we're saying the same thing
Sorry I was focused on just that part, as I do agree with the rest of your point. We are basically in agreement overall here mate

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Like seriously OT and MUZBY you both need to pull your heads in and get over it, trying to nitpick and find something to bitch about each other, trying to prove who is morally and ethically “ a better person” so you can get some sort of brownie points from the internet universe....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Don’t stress lads..

I’ve already let it go hence the whole “won’t waste anyone else’s time..”

WoyD4LWoy

Juniors
I Got this from Fox Sports..Link is at bottom!!
The 19-year-old reportedly went to the bathroom in the apartment block and once she came out she says de Belin and the other man were naked and she was then allegedly sexually assaulted.

After showering she told a friend what had happened and went to a local hospital for treatment.

According to reports, de Belin has denied the allegations to the Dragons and his partner.

The Daily Telegraph reports teammate Jai Field could be a witness, having spent time with the woman and de Belin earlier in the night. There is no suggestion of any wrongdoing by Field and he is not under police investigation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/couple...t/news-story/7d9d9067469c6dd25ab90cab4613be63

Das Hassler

Bench
Sorry I was focused on just that part, as I do agree with the rest of your point. We are basically in agreement overall here mate

All good....an example ...when i can i get down to my local western suburbs (quite large) dog park...lots of people from all walks of life and from all corners of the world enjoying the dogs enjoying life and chatting away about anything and everything ...but...there will always be a group of mostly 25 to 50 year old guys huddled together snickering away at eachother's comments about every female unlucky enough to attract their attention..only other commentary they will offer will be about burnouts..how they would punch out anyone that leaned on their car and the assortment of people they've put in their place at work or anywhere and everywhere else. They NEVER talk about anything else...that's all they've got and the conversation of the adults around them ( many much younger) just goes right over their heads. On the footballer side of things Craig Bellamy has a very effective filter system down there. ...they just wont get through.
BTW....i was surprised about JDB ...always seemed one of the sharper one's ...i dunno
Edit...well perhaps not "sharper" but at least never came scross as a boofhead in interviews.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
I’m 100% in agreeance with waiting for all the Facts behind this incident.

The fact he has been charged does not automatically mean wrongdoing on his behalf.

I do however smell a rat. I will wait though, not for the court verdict as proving allegations of this nature beyond reasonable doubt (in many cases) is nigh impossible without admissions by the accused parties.

the time of the incident, the links between the parties, their intentions of being at the place they were at etc, just normal questions a partner would ask. By knowing these you’d get some idea about the intentions of either party, not that this is enough proof but you’d certainly form an educated opinion.

I hope he has been a saint and it’s all one big misunderstanding as we need him for our season ahead. I hope he is not another higher than almighty football scumbag, disrespecting his pregnant wife. I hope this is displayed out clearly for her, she suffers no embarrassment or heartache. That would be my hope. She has far more to lose and the implications are extend far greater then weekend football games we so passionately look forward to.

denis preston

First Grade
Let the courts decide guilty or innocent ( or no verdict ? ) but what shits me is the position he has put the club with lucrative sponsors.It has potential to get nasty on that level so I hope the club has done a course in damage control. A man with his standing in the club and the game shouldn't have put himself in that position in the first place .At best it's just dumb at worst career suicide.

Datramp

Juniors
If he is guilty of what is being alleged he is a piece of shit and deserves to rot in a cell, and hopefully comes out of the shower to find some of his cellmates naked.......

The only positive that could possibly come out of the whole situation is that I wont have to listen to Andrew Johns cream his pants every time Jack is shown shirtless in the dressing room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts