What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lock Forward.

As for the poll, well I don't think our squad is as good as last year and we finished last so that means............holy crap!
If our squad has better luck than last season as well as less disruptions we will win more games.

Anyway with Paulo and Ferguson we’ve fixed two of our biggest weaknesses from 2018.

Eelogical

Referee
If our squad has better luck than last season as well as less disruptions we will win more games.

Anyway with Paulo and Ferguson we’ve fixed two of our biggest weaknesses from 2018.
Goal kicking is a weakness that gets overlooked, so is kicking in general play. It's been pointed out that Norman was excellent at kicking into the goal area for repeat sets. With him gone, will that be a new weakness? On the luck side, I think you make your own luck to a certain degree, and it comes on the back of team confidence.The bounce of the ball, injuries, ref calls all seem to go with teams on a roll. Teams playing like we did this season generally attract the exact opposites.

Goal kicking is a weakness that gets overlooked, so is kicking in general play. It's been pointed out that Norman was excellent at kicking into the goal area for repeat sets. With him gone, will that be a new weakness? On the luck side, I think you make your own luck to a certain degree, and it comes on the back of team confidence.The bounce of the ball, injuries, ref calls all seem to go with teams on a roll. Teams playing like we did this season generally attract the exact opposites.
On the bright side, we almost never took advantage of Norman's in-goal kicks so we're unlikely to miss them much.:relaxed:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As we did the opposite in 2017. Like I said, there’s good luck and bad luck.

Eelogical

Referee
As we did the opposite in 2017. Like I said, there’s good luck and bad luck.
I really don't believe in luck as a term. I'm not superstitious in any sense of the word. At the end of the day, good or bad things happen on a sporting field because of skill and confidence. A less skilled team is more likely to drop the ball, get penalised more often or take the wrong option. A more highly skilled team won't make those errors on the same scale. I don't see injuries as luck either. Some guys are brittle, some happen to be in the wrong position at a given time. To me, luck is a term that's used to explain away good or bad fortune. I'll save 'fortune' for another time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I really don't believe in luck as a term. I'm not superstitious in any sense of the word. At the end of the day, good or bad things happen on a sporting field because of skill and confidence. A less skilled team is more likely to drop the ball, get penalised more often or take the wrong option. A more highly skilled team won't make those errors on the same scale. I don't see injuries as luck either. Some guys are brittle, some happen to be in the wrong position at a given time. To me, luck is a term that's used to explain away good or bad fortune. I'll save 'fortune' for another time.
Ok let's call it randomness. Do you believe nothing is random? Or that it can be controlled perfectly?

Eelogical

Referee
Ok let's call it randomness. Do you believe nothing is random? Or that it can be controlled perfectly?
Anything out of a persons control could be construed as random. I could be walking down a street and get hit by a bus. I'm less likely to get hit by that bus if I was watching my surroundings rather than occupying my mind with my mobile phone, for example. Luck? Not a chance. Risk management. The only thing that I think isn't random is our inability to win premierships as opposed to our ability to jag losses from the jaws of victory.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anything out of a persons control could be construed as random. I could be walking down a street and get hit by a bus. I'm less likely to get hit by that bus if I was watching my surroundings rather than occupying my mind with my mobile phone, for example. Luck? Not a chance. Risk management. The only thing that I think isn't random is our inability to win premierships as opposed to our ability to jag losses from the jaws of victory.
Plenty of things come down to luck. Injuries, bounce of the ball, refereeing decisions. And not just the ones that affect your own team, but the ones that affect your opposition on the day. This is how we could win 16 games in 2017 and only six games the next season.

hindy111

Post Whore

Hooker looks better also. Mahoney will be far better 2nd year amd a year older or if Kaysa stays fit also infront

Gutherson was only finding feet the last month. After an ACL what did people expect?

Tepai,Lane are getting into the good years as is JNR and Alvaro.

Bar Mannah and Terepo who had decent 2018s . Terepo was awesome. I expect every single other player in the team to go better. Even Browns year was up and down with injuries.

Ypu would be a fool to ride us off.

Latest posts