What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Brisbane Broncos finish in 2019?

Where will the Brisbane Broncos finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Tevita Pangai Junior
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Jack Bird

David Fifita
Jaydn Su'A
Joe Ofahengaue
Payne Haas

Daza06

Juniors
Broncos make the top eight with little difficulty. The question is how will Gillett and Bird perform. If they can fire, I have them top 4 material and a major minor premiership contender.

Siebold had a game plan at the Rabbitohs that worked within everyone's strengths. The issue with the Broncos is no one has a strong kicking game or organising ability.

Had Seibold had a little more say in the offseason he may have worked out this weakness. The Broncos have some bright days ahead and although they may not get the title in 2019 they'll have one witin the next 3 seasons.

gUt

Coach
I see a decent backline, average pack, strong bench and weak halves. 8-10 I think.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Very confident of a big year. Top 4. Got a great squad.
The op could at least pick the right side. TPJ at prop?
That would be idiotic.

Daza06

Juniors
Very confident of a big year. Top 4. Got a great squad.
The op could at least pick the right side. TPJ at prop?
That would be idiotic.
I agree that Pantai isn't a prop but difficult to find a spot for everyone in the 17.

Staggs looks to be the unlucky one to miss out with Bird then going centre, Pangai to lock, Ofahengaue to prop and then unsure who takes the bench spot.

Huge depth in the centres and back row

Bronco18

Juniors
Just out of balance I think TPJ plays in the middle third - abundance of edge backrowers (Sua, Gillette, Glenn, Fifita). It’s a shame because he’s a real weapon on the edge.

It would be good to see him keep the offload in his game so his attack isn’t dulled, and I think under Seibold that’s a good chance.

DeeJ

Bench
Pangai started the year at 10 and he was damn impressive. I was surprised how many minutes he could play especially since he came off the bench the majority of the time last year.

He can use his offload more in the middle too arguably, hopefully someone backs him up.

This Year?

Immortal
I went with 5th to 8th. A change will freshen up the team and provided they are lucky with injuries they could definitely finish top 4 and be premiership contenders. Where they finish will depend mostly on their halves. Milford and Nikorima need to have huge seasons.

Exciting times ahead for Broncos fans.

Big Pete

Referee
I have a difficult time believing Paul Green was the Brisbane Broncos first choice coach. The Green rumour preceded the Bellamy story, whom I believe was the Broncos target and when they couldn't get him, they went with the form coach of the competition.

Seibold is under pressure, but it comes with the territory at being with the Broncos. It's akin to saying the sky is blue, water is wet etc.

Latest posts