What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

• Total voters

lingard

Coach
If our squad has better luck than last season as well as less disruptions we will win more games.

Anyway with Paulo and Ferguson we’ve fixed two of our biggest weaknesses from 2018.

Infortunately we created another one. Norman's short kicking game created a lot of repeat sets. Without those repeat sets we may have won even fewer games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Infortunately we created another one. Norman's short kicking game created a lot of repeat sets. Without those repeat sets we may have won even fewer games.
Most of those repeat sets will be replaced by another kicker. Possibly all of them will be replaced if the other kickers improve.

hindy111

Post Whore
Maybe we won’t need so many repeat sets if we just score the first time around.

Or if we cant score what is the point of the repeat set anyhow?

What we need is a ratio. How many forced drop out from kicks did Norman get per attempt vs Moses. Sure he had 4 or 5 more but if he had 2 x the attempts then it says what?

Eelogical

Referee

What we need is a ratio. How many forced drop out from kicks did Norman get per attempt vs Moses. Sure he had 4 or 5 more but if he had 2 x the attempts then it says what?
More importantly, what did we do with the ball in those repeat sets?

Daza06

Juniors
Hooker looks better also. Mahoney will be far better 2nd year amd a year older or if Kaysa stays fit also infront

Gutherson was only finding feet the last month. After an ACL what did people expect?

Tepai,Lane are getting into the good years as is JNR and Alvaro.

Bar Mannah and Terepo who had decent 2018s . Terepo was awesome. I expect every single other player in the team to go better. Even Browns year was up and down with injuries.

Ypu would be a fool to ride us off.

Agree with everything said in this post.

My question to this is - what is Gutherson's best position?

If Parra could get M.Jennings off their books (opportunity looks gone now) and sign a half decent center, I have the Eels in my 8. I do still think there is some comings and goings to be had before the season gets underway.

I think his ratio was better but the kicks rarely led to real scoring chances. Occasionally we trapped someone in goal but it's like Norman was putting kicks in when he saw an opportunity to get them in goal, and didn't care if any of our players could get to them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Agree with everything said in this post.

My question to this is - what is Gutherson's best position?

If Parra could get M.Jennings off their books (opportunity looks gone now) and sign a half decent center, I have the Eels in my 8. I do still think there is some comings and goings to be had before the season gets underway.
Mennings is still a quality centre. But his preparation this year was obviously very poor. I’d say being off contract he will make more effort in his preparation, which will translate to improved performances on the field.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Mennings is still a quality centre. But his preparation this year was obviously very poor. I’d say being off contract he will make more effort in his preparation, which will translate to improved performances on the field.
Put a fork in him. Hes done.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He’s far from done. He’ll do well in 2019.

Even @hineyrulz will reluctantly accept that he has a good year (but say that it only happened because he was playing for a contract).

Avenger

Immortal
Jamie Soward on NRL.com has predicted us to finish with another wooden :spoon: for 2019.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore

Plus having a child may settle him

Chipmunk

Coach
Jamie Soward on NRL.com has predicted us to finish with another wooden :spoon: for 2019.

I don't think we will get the spoon. Primarily for the reason that I think if that looked likely we would probably sack the coach and will get a small immediate rise through a new coach.

Having said that, we're probably more likely than at least 12 or 13 others to finish that low.

Latest posts