What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

ThingFish

Juniors
It will be interesting to see how WB operates coming from a club that has $800k of TPAs under its belt to a club with currently only $300k on its books. Maybe uncle Wayne can show Richo how to play the TPA game.

NRL makes third-party agreements public: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/13...ents-public-and-strengthens-contract-process/

Now that is interesting. How can the Roosters possibly be that low and the Storm and Broncos be that far ahead?! Still good to see where everyone is at.

Cook - 'I was never leaving:' https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/i-was-never-leaving!710573

Walker - 'I tuned down Bennett:' https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/walker-i-turned-down-bennett!710567

‘It’s been stressful’ - Emerging Blue Robert Jennings remains clubless for 2019: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...9/news-story/2532e9b13b9b68f9c942f9c0b894cb4f

ThingFish

Juniors
Here’s a quote from a Zero Tackle story on Jennings:

“According to The Daily Telegraph, Jennings and the Rabbitohs have agreed to a one-year extension for 2019, although the contract cannot be registered with the NRL until the Bunnies make room in the cap for the winger.

South Sydney will need to open up just over $250,000 of space, with his future still up in the air.

Jennings wants to remain at Redfern and play under Wayne Bennett, but understands he’ll just have to bide his time until he has a definitive answer on his Rabbitohs future.”

So we have written an extension for Jennings but the NRL won’t register it because our cap is stuffed.

themacemaceman

Juniors

“According to The Daily Telegraph, Jennings and the Rabbitohs have agreed to a one-year extension for 2019, although the contract cannot be registered with the NRL until the Bunnies make room in the cap for the winger.

South Sydney will need to open up just over $250,000 of space, with his future still up in the air.

Jennings wants to remain at Redfern and play under Wayne Bennett, but understands he’ll just have to bide his time until he has a definitive answer on his Rabbitohs future.”

So we have written an extension for Jennings but the NRL won’t register it because our cap is stuffed.
Corey Deniss has been announced as a signing today who is a wing/centre so I’m not feeling real confident about Jennings.
I know he’s a reserve grader but doesn’t look great.

handyman2190

Bench

Don't know why our cap is stuffed,we have released quite a lot, and now signed knight and dennis while poor jenko sits hoping for a contract, I'd have resigned him for the 250 he is willing to go to. Meanwhile the 2 we have signed wouldn't have cost much min wage 120 ea all this cap BS is just talk,no one knows

ThingFish

Juniors
Don't know why our cap is stuffed,we have released quite a lot, and now signed knight and dennis while poor jenko sits hoping for a contract, I'd have resigned him for the 250 he is willing to go to. Meanwhile the 2 we have signed wouldn't have cost much min wage 120 ea all this cap BS is just talk,no one knows
Well with Dennis also signing that’s 31 in our NRL squad. That’s means someone has to drop out. That’s probably Jennings. Using the SuperCoach move again, drop the $250k guy to squeeze the $160k guy under the cap.

handyman2190

Bench
Well with Dennis also signing that’s 31 in our NRL squad. That’s means someone has to drop out. That’s probably Jennings. Using the SuperCoach move again, drop the $250k guy to squeeze the $160k guy under the cap.
Id say someone will be put in the development squad i think your allowed 6
Min wage is 120 i think

250excf

Juniors
Can anybody explain why we are buying cheapies yet leaving Jenko out sitting cold when we know he is a really good nrl level player :flushed::flushed::flushed:

ThingFish

Juniors
Can anybody explain why we are buying cheapies yet leaving Jenko out sitting cold when we know he is a really good nrl level player :flushed::flushed::flushed:
Apparently we lodged a contract for Jennings with the NRL but they wouldn’t register it because it put us over the cap. They would only approve it if we cut money somewhere else. Instead of doing that it looks like we just bought 2 minimum wagers to make up the 30 and slip under the cap. I’d say the only way we keep Jennings now is if we release someone In the $250 - $300k ballpark.

250excf

Juniors
Apparently we lodged a contract for Jennings with the NRL but they wouldn’t register it because it put us over the cap. They would only approve it if we cut money somewhere else. Instead of doing that it looks like we just bought 2 minimum wagers to make up the 30 and slip under the cap. I’d say the only way we keep Jennings now is if we release someone In the $250 - $300k ballpark.
Could we move Kyle Turner on ?.

handyman2190

Bench
Could we move Kyle Turner on ?.
Tried,no one wants him, richo even tried UK, maybe we can ask madge to take him ,after all he helped us with musgrove and we dogged a bullet, next season is his last, maybe we can backend jenkos deal, we also resigned gaigan who is useless and super injury prone

250excf

Juniors
Its not Kyle Turner thats chewing up the cap space.
Its G.I and the Burgess clan.
I would keep Sam and one of the twins and move G.I on.
How many games has GI played for Souths in the last 2 yrs? not many.
Give the rep footy up GI and concentrate on Souths!
If not, mooooove on
Really you lot are now bagging our captain ....??
You lot would shoot your own mate in the back as he ran out of the trenches
So it’s GI s fault he had a season long injury :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:great logic
He’s dragged our ass for a win in quite a few games single handedly.
Get real

callmack1

Staff member
Sorry for the late reaction but I've had WiFi issues the last couple of days hence my absence.

Rabbitohs sign Liam Knight and Cory Denniss: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/12/17/rabbitohs-sign-liam-knight-and-cory-denniss/

I'm happy with this. We are signing them as depth players and they both seem decent so I'm happy. The only bad thing is that I think this all but confirms that Jenko will be going which is a shame.

Crackdown on sin-binned players and dangerous tackles for 2019: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/18...layers-and-dangerous-tackles-coming-for-2019/

This is welcome news!!

assess5

Juniors
"Bennett will effectively be suing his new employer after it was revealed the Rabbitohs had agreed to pay 50 per cent of any Brisbane payout to Bennett."

If Souths agreed to pay out any of the Bronco's and Bennett's contract monies then Souths deserve all the cap problems they allegedly have.

All they had to do was wait, Souths were in the box seat.

Mr Spock!

Referee
If Souths agreed to pay out any of the Bronco's and Bennett's contract monies then Souths deserve all the cap problems they allegedly have.

All they had to do was wait, Souths were in the box seat.
I'm not sure he'll get anything from the Broncos....

Latest posts