What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injury update

hindy111

Post Whore
Guys come back for 2 x ACLs. A jaw is perhaps one of the bones that wont effect your speed, fitness etc. In middle of season is hard as dropped weight. I doubt3,ths before kick off it will have any effect.

unKwn

Juniors
dropped to reggies? definitely not happening that's just damaging someone's confidence and punishing them for getting injured. we know rcg's dip in form came form the injury not him slacking off or anything, and even though he is injured again he will be ready for season start

franklin2323

Immortal
dropped to reggies? definitely not happening that's just damaging someone's confidence and punishing them for getting injured. we know rcg's dip in form came form the injury not him slacking off or anything, and even though he is injured again he will be ready for season start

He's style of play only works when he rips in. If not then a kid is better off

Crashtest

Juniors
The injury is in a different spot to last time and won’t need surgery which is good news. He will be fine to play in the trial games.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...despite-fresh-broken-jaw-20181217-p50mu0.html

The Panthers said Monday's injury was in a different spot to the broken jaw which ended his 2018 State of Origin campaign after just one game.

He is expected to miss four to 10 weeks, meaning he will likely be fit for the Panthers' pre-season trials against South Sydney on February 23 and Parramatta a week later.

Had he suffered the break in a similar spot to his previous injury, he would have been facing a significantly longer recovery time.

"It's not in the same place as his previous fracture," Panthers executive general manager Phil Gould said.

"It's not as serious. He will see (the) surgeon to make sure but we anticipate no surgery required.

"He won't be chewing his food during the Christmas break. But he will be right for trial matches."

mxlegend99

Referee
The injury is in a different spot to last time and won’t need surgery which is good news. He will be fine to play in the trial games.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ca...despite-fresh-broken-jaw-20181217-p50mu0.html

The Panthers said Monday's injury was in a different spot to the broken jaw which ended his 2018 State of Origin campaign after just one game.

He is expected to miss four to 10 weeks, meaning he will likely be fit for the Panthers' pre-season trials against South Sydney on February 23 and Parramatta a week later.

Had he suffered the break in a similar spot to his previous injury, he would have been facing a significantly longer recovery time.

"It's not in the same place as his previous fracture," Panthers executive general manager Phil Gould said.

"It's not as serious. He will see (the) surgeon to make sure but we anticipate no surgery required.

"He won't be chewing his food during the Christmas break. But he will be right for trial matches."
Is the mental damage that will affect him.

He always ran the ball with no regard for his body. After his first broken jaw that changed a bit... and it's very possible that a second injury could see him hesitating in his runs. That's my concern for him.

Im sure he will be physically fine to rip in. But I think he will be holding back and losing what made him so great for us.

Is the mental damage that will affect him.

He always ran the ball with no regard for his body. After his first broken jaw that changed a bit... and it's very possible that a second injury could see him hesitating in his runs. That's my concern for him.

Im sure he will be physically fine to rip in. But I think he will be holding back and losing what made him so great for us.

In the case, we'll have to hope that Tim Grant and Sam McKendry recapture the form that made them both great during their early years at Penrith. We need them

TheFrog

Coach
According to NRL stats, every time a player took the field in 2018 they had a 1.9% chance of missing the next 2 or more games through injury. This means the average per club over the season was 7.75 (17 players per game x 24 rounds x 1.9%- I don't include finals as its not possible to miss 2 games in our case).

Our Players Who Missed 2+ games

Round 2 DWZ, McKendry
Round 3 Cleary
Round 5 Blake
Round 6 Mansour
Round 8 Edwards
Round 8 Leota
Round 10 Wallace
Round 15 RCG
Round 17 DWZ
Round 19 Luai
Round 22 Maloney
Round 24 Whare

That's 13 for us, 68% above the average. Anyone know of any others?

Kilkenny

Coach
Our overall roster is very strong even if a little unbalanced.

I think we can cover all positions in the forwards but a key long term injury to an outside back, or halve could see us a little stretched.

No side has the perfect roster and we were are better positioned than most.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our overall roster is very strong even if a little unbalanced.

I think we can cover all positions in the forwards but a key long term injury to an outside back, or halve could see us a little stretched.

No side has the perfect roster and we were are better positioned than most.

No one will have better backup halves than Luai/May. Wing and FB are fine too. For me edge backrower and centre are the issue

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
According to NRL stats, every time a player took the field in 2018 they had a 1.9% chance of missing the next 2 or more games through injury. This means the average per club over the season was 7.75 (17 players per game x 24 rounds x 1.9%- I don't include finals as its not possible to miss 2 games in our case).

Our Players Who Missed 2+ games

Round 2 DWZ, McKendry
Round 3 Cleary
Round 5 Blake
Round 6 Mansour
Round 8 Edwards
Round 8 Leota
Round 10 Wallace
Round 15 RCG
Round 17 DWZ
Round 19 Luai
Round 22 Maloney
Round 24 Whare

That's 13 for us, 68% above the average. Anyone know of any others?
Pretty sure Tamou and CHN missed around one game each near the end of the year.

franklin2323

Immortal
If he is running on Friday then you'd think he'd get named next week... Whether he plays or not is the question

Latest posts