What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. Moses Mbye
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Mahe Fonua
5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Robbie Farah
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Elijah Taylor

Michael Chee-Kam
Alex Twal
Matthew Eisenhuth
Jacob Liddle

Vic Mackey

Referee
Unless we lose Brooks and a prop or two for a major part of the season I’m reasonably confident we’ll make the 8. We came 9th last year with a heap of disruptions and glaring deficiencies at 1,9, left center and right second row. We now have Mybe, Farah and Liddle doing full pre seasons and Momirovski/Matterson are better players then who we had in their spots last year.

Tiger05

First Grade
Unless we lose Brooks and a prop or two for a major part of the season I’m reasonably confident we’ll make the 8. We came 9th last year with a heap of disruptions and glaring deficiencies at 1,9, left center and right second row. We now have Mybe, Farah and Liddle doing full pre seasons and Momirovski/Matterson are better players then who we had in their spots last year.

I'm not sold on Momirovski yet. It's way too early to know how he will go.

We look though a lot better than last year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm not sold on Momirovski yet. It's way too early to know how he will go.

We look though a lot better than last year.

Not saying he’s going to be a gun, but I’ve seen enough to suggest he’ll be better then Kev and more consistent then Mahe

Tiger05

First Grade
Not saying he’s going to be a gun, but I’ve seen enough to suggest he’ll be better then Kev and more consistent then Mahe

I hope he goes well. I just think he is a wait and see and hope. I'm assuming Matterson is going to be a massive step up on the right edge spot. Mbye is a massive improvement at fullback and Liddle/Farah a massive improvement in the hooker spot.

I view us as a solid team now especially if Momirovski can fill that centre spot. We don't look like a team that will win the comp but we will be a tough ask for most teams assuming we are fully fit, our forwards go forward and our top players are performing.

Daza06

Juniors
I think the Tigers season is very dependent on Packer, Matulino, Twal and Eisenhuth. No player from the Tigers forward pack averaged more than 100m per game last season.

If they can lay the platform Brooks, Reynolds and Mbye can create for the backline which is more than comfortable in providing the points.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think the Tigers season is very dependent on Packer, Matulino, Twal and Eisenhuth. No player from the Tigers forward pack averaged more than 100m per game last season.

If they can lay the platform Brooks, Reynolds and Mbye can create for the backline which is more than comfortable in providing the points.

Whilst you’re right it seemed to be a part of the game plan from Cleary. Our outside back were all regularly making 120-150ms, sometimes taking upto 20 hit ups a game whilst our starting props were making 7-8. That will change under Maguire.

Mbye is going to be a major player for us next year IMO. This year was his first year at fullback and he then got thrown into a a brand new team halfway through the year. With a full off season together I feel our entire spine and particularly Mbye will be great.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Agree & under Madge 100m will b a base expectation otherwise they will b swiftly sent to join the isp team.

gordsy

Juniors
That and Injuries. We look pretty light on, depth wise in the backs. A few Injuries in that area and we are stuffed.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our biggest problems last year were:
1 - Mix of Lolohea/Thompson
4/5 - Unsettled Left edge
9 - Mix of 5 different players
12 - Mix of 5 different players
Bench prop who isn't Twal not making enough impact

We will now have:
1 - Mbye
4 - Unknown
5 - Thompson
9 - Farah
12 - Matterson
Less bench props to partner Twal (if Musgrove is dropped - which is likely)

Left centre and bench props need to be fixed asap. Musgrove would have been perfect but it looks like he's gone. I know we are talking to R. Jennings but he's unproven at centre.

Tiger05

First Grade
Our biggest problems last year were:
1 - Mix of Lolohea/Thompson
4/5 - Unsettled Left edge
9 - Mix of 5 different players
12 - Mix of 5 different players
Bench prop who isn't Twal not making enough impact

We will now have:
1 - Mbye
4 - Unknown
5 - Thompson
9 - Farah
12 - Matterson
Less bench props to partner Twal (if Musgrove is dropped - which is likely)

Left centre and bench props need to be fixed asap. Musgrove would have been perfect but it looks like he's gone. I know we are talking to R. Jennings but he's unproven at centre.

This is pretty much where we are at. We still have that problem at 4 and we could do with a bench prop.

Maybe we can get away without obtaining another prop although it would be ideal.

Middle players:-

1. Packer
2. Matulino
3. Twal
4. Eisenhuth
5. Aloiai
6. Mikaele
7. ET - although a small lock.

I don't think our middle players are guns by any mean and we could really do with a middle forward who can have some impact but I think the 4 position if we are fit is the glaring problem.

I think Jennings could potentially fix that left edge assuming you play him at centre. I'm more than happy with Nofo and Thompson on the wings.

Shredder

Juniors
Jennings would be great for us. He fits in with the new signings this year (young with a point to prove) and has been coached by Madge before.

Its down to us and the slime apparently.

We'll sneak into 8th I reckon. We have a better first 17 next season and it will be more settled since we have seasoned hooker, hopefully Grub's hammies don't resemble swiss cheese.

The club should definitely sign Jennings, would be a walk up start on the wing and could play centre in a pinch as well. Have to ask whether you'd drop Thompson or Nofoaluma for him. In all honesty I'd probably drop Nofo as Thompson is just as capable as a winger and can fill in at fullback.

Shredder

Juniors
Parra have been after Nofo for years. If they are the competition for Jennings, it seems simple enough.

stryker

First Grade
With close to the weakest roster in the comp and a new coaching setup, ill be amazed if we dont earn our first spoon.
Stranger things have happened but im not optimistic.

Latest posts