What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Fights || Modern Day vs Old Days

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just finished JTs book and says the only punch he ever threw has in a aus v nz brawl and landed one on soliolias chin. Can’t find it anywhere

kdalymc

Bench
No idea who he was, where he played, what he did, but me and my dad used to love Jamie Goddard, punching Johnsy (possibly both brothers, 2 games?)
Could throw em

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
No idea who he was, where he played, what he did, but me and my dad used to love Jamie Goddard, punching Johnsy (possibly both brothers, 2 games?)
Could throw em
Gold Coast charger. One of the first hookers to often hit 50 tackles

simmo05

Bench
Mind you, the brawl between Newtown and Manly in the 1981 Minor Semi Final was hectic, especially when Steve Bowden and mark Broadhurst went at each other. Tops most of the ones already in this thread in my book -

I wasnt born then, but this is my favorite. The touchie adudicating the two blokes scrapping on the ground is classic. And a penalty was sufficient until the next fight erupted! This gives me wood!
And on a side note, tommy is the best merkin ever to strap a boot on, what a legend

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Iafeta Palea'aesina from warriors did exactly the same thing to some poor merkin from the eels in 2004. Unfortunately no footage on youtube though. Would love to find the game and upload it

I remember that, laid a few solid ones on him.

thorson1987

Coach
Could throw em

Never gets old.

642d56bee61f7e6957180064023f39ef

Gold Coast charger. One of the first hookers to often hit 50 tackles

Beagles legend aswell.

jamie-goddard-2a9e80f4-e796-4885-9b32-7d213307f13-resize-750.jpeg

Seb Paez

Juniors
Not really a fight but definitely one of the most infamous moments in NRL ... finally someone uploaded it

How about this classic fight from 2003. Dont know who the players are though.
Yeah sure the 80s undoubtedly had the best biffo but i think the early to mid 2000s also had some pretty f**ken decent fist cuffs!

Latest posts