What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

King hit

Coach
Well, this guy is off the market now.

anthonygriffin-1-640x427.jpg

Griffin is ok. Not awesome but acceptable enough

carcharias

Immortal
Down, Down, Cronulla
The Boys in the Peptide Zoo,
Down, Down, Cronulla
Flanno's Integrity is Poo,
Sharks, Sharks bankrupt,
Kmav was right all along,
Now's the time to travel west,
For the Perth Sharks are here
(Up the Perth Sharks!)

latest

f**k comedy is wasted on people in here.

I was singing that to the coles status quo ripped off jingle.

Why add the pic?
It totally destroyed a half funny joke.

retch

Juniors
Heres new team song for the Sharkies...

Down Down the Sharks are down...
The coach Flanno was a clown...
Sending texts to the club all the time...
He thought this was going to be fine...
But The NRL caught him out...
And now he has no f#^%@ing clout...
The Sharks are sure to come last...
Just like they did in times past...
Lets send the lot of them to WA...
Where they can hide away...
Give Mick Ennis the coaching job...
Because he's a first class playing knob.

Exsilium

First Grade
Losing Shane “fail again” Flanagan is the best thing for the sharks. A bag of dicks is being dropped down his chimney for Christmas. You make your bed, you lie in it.

Then be done with Gallen and the club will have made solid bounds toward truly moving on from the dramas of the past.

John Morris and JIm Dymock ride to the rescue. Following is from the NRL's website -

Morris and Dymock to replace Flanagan as Sharks coach
Author: Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp: Wed 19 Dec 2018, 01:51 PM

John Morris and Jim Dymock will take over as interim coaches at the Cronulla Sharks after the club accepted the NRL's decision to de-register coach Shane Flanagan.

Flanagan was de-registered and the club handed a $800,000 fine after the NRL found the coach had been in contact with the Sharks while suspended in 2014, in breach of the conditions of his suspension.

Sharks chief executive Barry Russell said the club accepted the league's decision on Flangan but would appeal the extent of the fine.

"As CEO of the club we have to accept responsibility as a club we broke the rules," Russell said on Wednesday.

"If you break the rules there are consequences. This is a very disappointing day for our club.

"My thoughts go out to Shane and his family, from my point of view its paramount we provide him and his family with wellbeing and support.

"We have until January 31st to lodge an appeal, it's a substantial amount and we will be appealing that.

"The actions of past leadership, club officials and staff at this club.

"It is sad for our fans and players we are dealing with this.

"The integrity of our club and the governance needs to be first class."

Also in my original post when I posted the summary, I said the fine was $400,00 being the reinstated part of the Sharks suspended fine. However I didn't notice that besides that, the NRL hit the Sharks with an additional $400,000 fine.