What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the format for NRLW 2019?

Certitude

Juniors
I think 4 teams is worth sticking with for another year but I can't see any good reason to not having a full 6 round season so they play each other twice.

Origin 3 is generally around the round 18 mark so that still gives them 4 weeks pre-season for a 6 week comp or they could play game 1 on the rep weekend like they did this year and wrap the series up by men's SOO 2 (round 15ish) and allow a few more weeks pre-season training.

Well you would say that, given the chooks don’t deserve to be there

Pommy

Coach
I think 4 teams is worth sticking with for another year but I can't see any good reason to not having a full 6 round season so they play each other twice.

Origin 3 is generally around the round 18 mark so that still gives them 4 weeks pre-season for a 6 week comp or they could play game 1 on the rep weekend like they did this year and wrap the series up by men's SOO 2 (round 15ish) and allow a few more weeks pre-season training.

Rep weekend? That origin week 2 now isn’t it?

Springs09

Juniors
I'd argue the opposite - they have ambition enough to know not to jump when it's not ready yet.

You mean you side with the NRL? Gee didn't see that coming.

It needed tweaking at the very least. Making a 'Grand Final' after winning 1 of 3 games is silly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You mean you side with the NRL? Gee didn't see that coming.

It needed tweaking at the very least. Making a 'Grand Final' after winning 1 of 3 games is silly.
LOL another playing the man instead of the ball, good work.

I'd have been fine with expanding it to a double round robin instead of a single one like it is now but I don't think any drastic change was needed for season two.

I'm hopeful that 2 more teams can join in 2020 but only if the talent is there to sustain it.

T-Boon

Coach
I'm hopeful that 2 more teams can join in 2020 but only if the talent is there to sustain it.

We should just be doing what the AFL is doing.
They don't care about the standard on the field it is more about the politics and all the benefits they are getting (see this new AFLW ground in Ipswich) and just all the positive media.

Latest posts