What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Frank Facer

First Grade
Lomax will play wing again, but he’s a centre. Talk of fullback was really looking at the potential of his skill set and created some flexibility and depth. The competition for wing spots might also work in our favour and a decision to shift him may occur earlier. You couldn’t rule out fullback only because if we happen to have a couple of centres and wingers playing well, what decision do you make? We would be fortunate to find ourselves in that circumstance in 2019, could happen in 2020 with younger players competing.

Marsters was ok in limited opportunities but hasn’t got the knack defending as a winger and will be better as a centre. I think he can be destructive on the left.
Before this year's season started, I was suggesting the idea of a future centre pairing of Lomax and Marsters. I haven't seen much of Marsters. I know that there are big wraps on him. When I saw him playing fullback last year in the 20's. I said that I thought he had the build more suited to centre or edge backrower.

aquiin

Juniors
Before this year's season started, I was suggesting the idea of a future centre pairing of Lomax and Marsters. I haven't seen much of Marsters. I know that there are big wraps on him. When I saw him playing fullback last year in the 20's. I said that I thought he had the build more suited to centre or edge backrower.

The club would be the same but also need to keep as many contingencies as the salary cap and opportunities allow. Give it a couple of years. They both have areas to improve plus maturity.

Drakon

Juniors
Lomax will play wing again, but he’s a centre. Talk of fullback was really looking at the potential of his skill set and created some flexibility and depth. The competition for wing spots might also work in our favour and a decision to shift him may occur earlier. You couldn’t rule out fullback only because if we happen to have a couple of centres and wingers playing well, what decision do you make? We would be fortunate to find ourselves in that circumstance in 2019, could happen in 2020 with younger players competing.

Marsters was ok in limited opportunities but hasn’t got the knack defending as a winger and will be better as a centre. I think he can be destructive on the left.

Don’t know his contract situation, but worth mentioning that clubs in Australia should be looking at Tom Ale from the Junior Kiwis game. Middle forward. Great footwork at the line.

Tino Fa'asuamaleaui from the Storm is a gun. 18 years old. Should get a game or two next year. Qlder born in NSW.
Tino (I'm guessing his nickname is 'Tiny') will be big in the game. Excuse the pun. Also thought Horsburgh was good in that game. Liked the look of Flegler too.

aquiin

Juniors
Flegler and Carrigan were both good through the middle. Broncos have a chance to have an era of dominance. Bennett might grab one before leaving, if injuries are kind.

possm

Coach
The only way Lomax would be effective on the right wing is if Hunt throws him long passes and high kicks. Aitken just does not set up his winger and any ball passed is usually too late and hard up against the sideline.

possm

Coach
Are there any stats on the speed of our top 30 players? I'd like to see and compare speed stats of the top 30.

Brad Fitler said on Lomax;
"I'm not sure how he's been going in (Intrust Super Premiership NSW) but I know he's big enough, he's strong enough, he's fast enough. He's just got to go out there and put the team first and he'll be all right."

BLM01

First Grade
Are there any stats on the speed of our top 30 players? I'd like to see and compare speed stats of the top 30.

Brad Fitler said on Lomax;
"I'm not sure how he's been going in (Intrust Super Premiership NSW) but I know he's big enough, he's strong enough, he's fast enough. He's just got to go out there and put the team first and he'll be all right."
Fast enough for what?..centre. Probably

Crush

Coach
Mary prediction -
Media "Paul you have opted to start the season with Euan and Tim as your centres, did you have any thought of starting with Zac Lomax at all given his good debut form at the end of 2018?"

Mary "Yeah Zac is a talented young kid and will definitely get his chance at some stage in the near future but he has two international centres in front of him Lafai and Aitken. Aitken no doubt will be pushing for an origin Jersey this year and Lafai has been one of our best over the last few years"

hazzbeen

Bench
Mary prediction -
Media "Paul you have opted to start the season with Euan and Tim as your centres, did you have any thought of starting with Zac Lomax at all given his good debut form at the end of 2018?"

Mary "Yeah Zac is a talented young kid and will definitely get his chance at some stage in the near future but he has two international centres in front of him Lafai and Aitken. Aitken no doubt will be pushing for an origin Jersey this year and Lafai has been one of our best over the last few years"

Yep say no more ....

ALSGI

Bench
Mary prediction -

Yep, word for word presser first game next year, scratching his chest, elbows, shoulder and neck in the process with an awkward smile thrown in for good measure.
Hail Mary, full of grace..........

Gareth67

First Grade
Yep, word for word presser first game next year, scratching his chest, elbows, shoulder and neck in the process with an awkward smile thrown in for good measure.
Hail Mary, full of grace..........

ALSGI , I sincerely hope that he quickly comes to realize just how big a talent young Lomax is and plays the kid in as many games as possible. Atkins unfortunately just has not lived up to the hype that surrounded him after he initially played in the top grade . It is indeed well and truly time for the old to make way for the new and that is spelt LOMAX !

blacksafake

First Grade
Mary prediction -

Sad but true :tired_face:

possm

Coach
I sincerely hope he realises most people here have f**k all idea how to bring a player into first grade

I'd be interested to know Anthony Quin's opinion on the Aitken v Lomax for right centre controversy.

Latest posts