What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Avenger

Immortal
He's at a club without the structural advantages of the top clubs. If he hadn't cheated they would never have won the comp. Good on him.

They're just lucky they got caught after being successful, unlike Parra, where the rival faction of the moment white-anted us on the way up.
So you condone cheating ? Typical Indian.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No I think it’s fine that one team can have $1M in legal TPAs while most others struggle to amass even a quarter of that. It’s just the kind of competition I want to follow.

lingard

Coach
Most of those repeat sets will be replaced by another kicker. Possibly all of them will be replaced if the other kickers improve.

Yeah, see, Norman produced the most repeat sets from kicks into the in-goal than any other player in the NRL this year. So, IF 'the other kickers' improve, we have no problem. But what IF they don't? And by the way, who are 'the other kickers'? Moses and who else?

Eelogical

Referee
Doesn't matter. Whilst ever you are getting repeat sets, the opposition hasn't got the ball.
Good teams score off the back of repeat sets. In the same circumstances we usually turn it over or pass it over the sideline. Gary could have even caught a few of those, if he had hung onto it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, see, Norman produced the most repeat sets from kicks into the in-goal than any other player in the NRL this year. So, IF 'the other kickers' improve, we have no problem. But what IF they don't? And by the way, who are 'the other kickers'? Moses and who else?
Whoever wears 6. And Moses earnt a lot of repeat sets as well, despite getting less early ball near the opposition line. Moses was our primary long kicker, Norman our primary short kicker by virtue of playing a more central role. If Moses gets more ball he will earn more repeat sets.

hindy111

Post Whore

Dylan Brown and Mahoney both have short kicking games.
Id argue if its shared then attack would be less predicatable.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Good teams score off the back of repeat sets. In the same circumstances we usually turn it over or pass it over the sideline. Gary could have even caught a few of those, if he had hung onto it.
I could easily catch it if I wasn't so busy.

lingard

Coach
Dylan Brown and Mahoney both have short kicking games.
Id argue if its shared then attack would be less predicatable.

Do you think Brown (no first grade experience) and Mahony (hardly any first grade experience) will be able to match Norman's strike rate in the in-goal? Say what you like about Norman (I think he was at times brilliant, but went missing too often and was too erratic) but his short-kicking game was a real asset and something that we will miss.

hindy111

Post Whore
Do you think Brown (no first grade experience) and Mahony (hardly any first grade experience) will be able to match Norman's strike rate in the in-goal? Say what you like about Norman (I think he was at times brilliant, but went missing too often and was too erratic) but his short-kicking game was a real asset and something that we will miss.

Normans form in 2016 was great. In 2017 I thought Moses was the guy who starred and Normans form was just ok. In 2018 Normans form was ordinary. Id rather our half set up a try prior to forcing a line drop out .

Latest posts