What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Schoolboys Tour to England - Details of dates and livestream

JFK Files

Juniors
Wow, what a dominant display by England.
Some absolute quality in that team, and theres plenty more to follow them. They should tour Australia next season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
A great win and series victory, some very bright signs for England rl in the next few years. Hopefully they keep developing as they move up int SL.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Standouts for me in a very impressive England team display were Harry Newman, Corey Johnson and Morgan smithies.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
England Academy Vs Australian Schoolboys 2nd Test Match
2nd Half

Australia tried to play with more ambition in an attempt to break through the solid England defensive line. A couple of late offloads created half breaks but the opportunities were quickly shut down by England.

Jack Smith took advantage of some panic in the Australian defence which resulted in a kickable penalty Eng 18 - 6 Aus

Australia then enjoyed 10 minutes of great pressure on the England line but couldn’t find their way through to score. Inevitably England began to have their say again and forced the Australians into a midfield armwrestle with both teams enjoying periods of territorial pressure.

Englands Callum McLelland narrowly missed with a drop goal

Australia forced a drop out and were held up over the line twice as England looked to cope with their increasingly more desperate and adventurous opponents.

England weathered the storm with committed defence and composure with ball in hand to see the game out winning the match and the series.

The margin of the win, in terms of quality, was quite significant. The Australians were physically and technically outmatched for a change.

Final Score England Academy 18 - 6 Australian Schoolboys

England win the series 2 - 0
Who got the man of the match?

Also don’t they name a man of the series too? Seem to remember Oliver gildart getting it a few years back?

The Partisan

Game 2

Would like to give a special mention to the England #1 Wellsby (?). Not only a class player but first to shake hands with the Aussie boys after the game.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Game 2

Would like to give a special mention to the England #1 Wellsby (?). Not only a class player but first to shake hands with the Aussie boys after the game.
Looks like a future star for sure but you can never be too certain. Welsby, Newman, Smith, Johnson, havard and holyroyd are standouts at this level.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
This might sound controversial or upset some English based RL fans but I’d love to see some of those English lads sign for NRL clubs tomorrow and be brought through the system down under.

JFK Files

Juniors
I must say it was quite amusing reading comments after Australia won the first tour match against a college team half made up of Union players and amateurs. Several were saying that English RL is dead and how hopeless the game is. Not sure what they’re thinking now.

JFK Files

Juniors
By the way, you can still view 3 games from St Helens under 16 tour to Australia from last year where Jack Welsby & Josh Simm absolutely carved up the Aussie teams. Welsby is a rare talent and one that I’d love an NRL club to pick up. He could start off in SG Ball then progress from there.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
By the way, you can still view 3 games from St Helens under 16 tour to Australia from last year where Jack Welsby & Josh Simm absolutely carved up the Aussie teams. Welsby is a rare talent and one that I’d love an NRL club to pick up. He could start off in SG Ball then progress from there.
Would be bad for super league but great for England.

deluded pom?

Coach
This might sound controversial or upset some English based RL fans but I’d love to see some of those English lads sign for NRL clubs tomorrow and be brought through the system down under.
I wouldn’t disagree Walter. It wouldn’t be good for SL but if England want to compete with Australia on a regular basis we need more young players in the NRL system finishing school. Even if they only stay a couple of years I’m sure the experience gained would be invaluable to them when they returned home.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I wouldn’t disagree Walter. It wouldn’t be good for SL but if England want to compete with Australia on a regular basis we need more young players in the NRL system finishing school. Even if they only stay a couple of years I’m sure the experience gained would be invaluable to them when they returned home.
I’m not so sure such a thing would be bad for super league in the long term as it could force clubs to focus more on unearthing more English/British talent from areas outside of the “heartlands” like north/South Wales, London, Coventry and Manchester with the rangers etc.

Jack Deth

Juniors

You got a link young fellow?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Or we could put some emphasis on SL clubs actually having quality Jnr development programs! Losing the best talent to NRL might help the national team in the short term but the damage to the domestic comp would eventually be far more significant. Its ludicrous SL clubs dont have to have an academy program or a reserve grade.

Latest posts