What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stats for Pre-Season Training

possm

Coach
During this boring off-season, I'd would be very happy if the coaching staff progressively provide the fans with stats on the ability of each of the top 30 players each week as they move through the training program. I would be very interested in seeing their progress on things such as speed, fitness and various skills information.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
During this boring off-season, I'd would be very happy if the coaching staff progressively provide the fans with stats on the ability of each of the top 30 players each week as they move through the training program. I would be very interested in seeing their progress on things such as speed, fitness and various skills information.
During this off season I would be very happy for Jen Hawkins to drop me off a case of Crown Lager every fortnight.

possm

Coach
During this off season I would be very happy for Jen Hawkins to drop me off a case of Crown Lager every fortnight.
Very funny and that is not so bad, we need more humour in the boring off-season. However, I think that SGI should be doing a lot more to engage it's fans in the off-season. Not only would the progression of players be very interesting to monitor - and I am sure they would be already keeping these stats, but it may very well get fans interested enough to sign up for membership in 2019.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade

We all would and so would opposition coaches!

The practicality of that wouldn't be beneficial to anyone really as each player has their own program based on fitness, position and injury.

The issue for me is since the JDB incident we haven't had any training shots or updates (other than the final one from Pickworth, which really didn't say much).

Closed shop approach maybe.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

The practicality of that wouldn't be beneficial to anyone really as each player has their own program based on fitness, position and injury.

The issue for me is since the JDB incident we haven't had any training shots or updates (other than the final one from Pickworth, which really didn't say much).

Dragonslayer
There having the cristmas new year break right now.
Will not be back till end of 2nd week of January.
If anyone really would like to see how the new guys ect are going.
Come to the sections each week that are open to the public.
Ring the club they will tell you when.
Unfortunately most of them are in wollongong in the pre season.
Some at kogarah during the year as well.

BLM01

First Grade

Welcome to the Cone of Silence that is our Dragons media organisation.
All the interviews including the coaches were hardly worth the token effort they put in to talk about 1 or 2 things for a minute or so. I got so excited after the interviews about what 2019 holds and what to expect.
Dean Young sounded buoyant about this year.

possm

Coach
Welcome to the Cone of Silence that is our Dragons media organisation.
All the interviews including the coaches were hardly worth the token effort they put in to talk about 1 or 2 things for a minute or so. I got so excited after the interviews about what 2019 holds and what to expect.
Dean Young sounded buoyant about this year.

Dean Young probably just received a whisper that he will be coach in 2020 Deal worked out between Bob Millward and Craig Young. Endorsed by the CEO and recommend to the Board with all the positive buzz words.

Como Connection

First Grade
Dean Young probably just received a whisper that he will be coach in 2020 Deal worked out between Bob Millward and Craig Young. Endorsed by the CEO and recommend to the Board with all the positive buzz words.
Both Young and Hornby have been told recently that they would not be considered for the top coaching job at the Dragons until they depart the club and gain more experience, eg ESL.
Justin Holbrook's name has been mentioned.
CC

avocado

Juniors
Both Young and Hornby have been told recently that they would not be considered for the top coaching job at the Dragons until they depart the club and gain more experience, eg ESL.
CC
Why the hell have that policy now? The club may have realised their mistake.

BLM01

First Grade
Bob Millward no longer there

BLM01

First Grade
CC
Of course Holbrook is mentioned and why, he has been part of the Dragons club as a Under 20's coach who has not done anything. Backward step with another cheap nuffie rookie if that is the case.
As I said earlier on another Forum Topic Price out coached him at ESL. Surely that speaks volumes.
Hornby & Young I am sure they are payed handsomely anyway. Forever assistant...still not bad money to live off for a while..whilst saving for your retirement, especially after money earnt while playing.
Why put your head in a big noose to be a top line coach earning money behind the scenes as clubs are happy to throw it away on support staff..even if they are shouse at their job. Mary is happy with them while he is there for 2019 &.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It’s an interesting thought, but I image player privacy wouldn’t allow it to happen.

Latest posts