What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Sydney Roosters finish in 2019?

Where will the Sydney Roosters finish in 2019?

• 5th to 8th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9th to 12th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daza06

Juniors
Same process as last season.

Who better to ask where a certain team will finish than the fans of the team themselves!

With their strongest line up where would you have them finishing?

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Joseph Manu
5. Brett Morris
6. Luke Keary
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
9. Jake Friend
10. Sio Siua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Victor Radley

Mitchell Aubusson
Zane Tetevano
Isaac Liu
Lindsay Collins

Valheru

Coach
With all the chopping and changing of coaches, key players etc. Across the league as well as all the off field controversies, we look like one of the few sides who is settled.

I see top 4 as a certainty.

Headless Chook

Juniors
With all the chopping and changing of coaches, key players etc. Across the league as well as all the off field controversies, we look like one of the few sides who is settled.

I see top 4 as a certainty.
I hope so. Although, there’s still a way to go before the off season is behind us, plenty of time for someone to f**k up or some other unforeseen drama to make things interesting. Thankfully those bad old days appear to be well and truly behind us.

Top 4 all day.

Daza06

Juniors
Agree with the opening comments but do somewhat worry about the depth in the forwards. Lindsay Collins make the bench and he isn't quite up to regular NRL standard. Past the strongest 17 Nat Butcher is the only player with decent NRL experience...

I have them within the top 4 but as all premiers do, they will struggle to go back-to-back.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Lindsay Collins is doing just fine in his development. With another offseason he'll be more than ready for week to week NRL footy.

He was outperforming Dylan Napa come season's end that's for sure.

The same applies to Butcher, Faamausili and Sitili Tupouniua - they're all ready to go so I think our depth is fine.

Also Josh Curran is the next young gun ready to go and can play lock with Liu shifting to FRF if needed.

Only motivation and injuries will stop us as we're miles ahead of the next best on paper.

Valheru

Coach
Back to back is a complete lottery as well all know that comes down to peaking in the finals and a bit of luck with injuries etc.

As far as the regular season goes, I do think we will jump right out of the gates which is in contrast to last year.

TheFrog

Coach
A few old timers in that list, but its a good team and should go well. Of course this club is prone to having a bad year once in a while, the last one was 2016, they probably aren't quite due yet. I'll say 5-8, which is really where they should have finished this year.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
A few old timers in that list, but its a good team and should go well. Of course this club is prone to having a bad year once in a while, the last one was 2016, they probably aren't quite due yet. I'll say 5-8, which is really where they should have finished this year.
Lol you're good value, Froggy.

Yeah we really should have finished 5th-8th this year; as evidenced by our Minor Premiership, league's best defence, and demolition of the Storm in the GF.

Oh that and having the games best fullback, 3/4 line, halves, and forward pack.

Yep, 5th-8th was our real spot and we were just lucky.

Yeah we really should have finished 5th-8th this year; as evidenced by our Minor Premiership, league's best defence, and demolition of the Storm in the GF.

This is LU where fans will say our team is bog average and question our salary cap in the same sentence

Valheru

Coach

Frog always death rides us.

If 5th-8th is the best he can come up with, that is a clear indicator we should finish top 4.

Last edited:
When Ryan Hall is fit he will carve up the NRL. I expect him to force Daniel Tupou out of the team.

I question that second sentence. We shall see.

As for where we’ll finish, theoretically we’re the best outfit in the competition. Factually, teams don’t go back-to-back anymore. Will be interesting.

Injuries play the most crucial of all roles, as always. I’m still haunted by 2003 - we were the defending champions & the best team in the League, but Brad Fittler entered the Grand Final a crippled passenger, & that was the difference in an almighty tussle on the big night.

He who stays fittest...

I question that second sentence. We shall see.

As for where we’ll finish, theoretically we’re the best outfit in the competition. Factually, teams don’t go back-to-back anymore. Will be interesting.

Injuries play the most crucial of all roles, as always. I’m still haunted by 2003 - we were the defending champions & the best team in the League, but Brad Fittler entered the Grand Final a crippled passenger, & that was the difference in an almighty tussle on the big night.

He who stays fittest...

Good point about the relevance of fitness. We have so many stars, each of whom is crucial to our success, that long term injury to any of the Big Five (Tedesco, Mitchell, Manu, Keary, and Cronk) or even our props, where we are very thin on backup, could make a Grand Final victory difficult if not impossible.

The only place where we have quality cover is wing and full back, with Morris, Hall and Tupou competing for two spots, and with Morris able to deputise with quality if Tedesco is injured. .

I have no doubt that we'll finish in the top 4, at the very least but I am worried about the loss of Ferguson.

Sure he's not the sharpest knife in the kitchen but his kick returns were huge.

Latest posts