What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

Where will the Parramatta Eels finish in 2019?

• Total voters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So that's 40 between them. Who's gonna be our other kicker now that Norman's gone?

Why do we need someone to offset Norman’s repeat sets? The top 3 are from sides that didn’t make the finals. While Moses pretty much makes the same as Reynolds (and cooper) and Souths had the best attack this year.

I say fixing our attack is more important then worrying about trying to cover repeat sets Norman provided.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Why do we need someone to offset Norman’s repeat sets? The top 3 are from sides that didn’t make the finals. While Moses pretty much makes the same as Reynolds (and cooper) and Souths had the best attack this year.

I say fixing our attack is more important then worrying about trying to cover repeat sets Norman provided.
Exactly. Repeat sets dont help if you have little idea how to use them. In fact I reckon our constant inability to succeed/produce in the opposition 20 gave our opponents encouragement defensively.
We pretty much sucked. Im sure this was a huge element of our review. Thankfully Murphy has a couple more years to perfect his attacking prowess.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sadly another long year for guys, hopefully you jag some home wins in thr new flash stadium.

13-16

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Yep. We need our halves taking more risks with the ball than just rolling it in-goal every set.

lingard

Coach
Exactly. Repeat sets dont help if you have little idea how to use them. In fact I reckon our constant inability to succeed/produce in the opposition 20 gave our opponents encouragement defensively.
We pretty much sucked. Im sure this was a huge element of our review. Thankfully Murphy has a couple more years to perfect his attacking prowess.

Our attack certainly sucked this year. I'm just concerned that it will be even worse next year with the most inexperienced spine in the NRL. (And our most experienced half is dreadfully erratic.) At least Norman provided us with quite a few repeat sets that at least kept us in the hunt. For the record, I'm not too worried about Norman leaving; all I'm saying is we'll miss his kicking game. And it leaves us with a halves combination of Moses (who I hope leaves next year) and an untried Dylan Brown or Will Smith (for f**k sake) or Gutherson (who is not a half). Things don't look so good.

T.S Quint

Coach
Our attack certainly sucked this year. I'm just concerned that it will be even worse next year with the most inexperienced spine in the NRL. (And our most experienced half is dreadfully erratic.) At least Norman provided us with quite a few repeat sets that at least kept us in the hunt. For the record, I'm not too worried about Norman leaving; all I'm saying is we'll miss his kicking game. And it leaves us with a halves combination of Moses (who I hope leaves next year) and an untried Dylan Brown or Will Smith (for f**k sake) or Gutherson (who is not a half). Things don't look so good.

They only don’t look so good if Brown turns out to be shit. And Moses can’t regain his good 2017 form.
It’s very possible the opposite of both of these will be true. Or maybe not.

All we can do is hope...and we can see who the ‘glass half full’ people are as opposed to the ‘half empty’ crowd.

T.S Quint

Coach
f**k, double post.
Crappy internet reception on the nsw south coast coupled with more than a few Sailor Jerry’s are to blame.

lingard

Coach
They only don’t look so good if Brown turns out to be shit. And Moses can’t regain his good 2017 form.
It’s very possible the opposite of both of these will be true. Or maybe not.

All we can do is hope...and we can see who the ‘glass half full’ people are as opposed to the ‘half empty’ crowd.

I've been a glass half full bloke all my life. This year just devestated me. You know when you've got a lot of shit happening in your personal life and then your football team comes last and you just need to vent on something? Okay, I probably went overboard. I know I went overboard. For that I apologise, because I dont like negativity in others and I really dont like being negative myself. It doesnt feel good. I still think we need a change of coach after six years, though. But I'm going to make a conscious effort to get back to being more positive about the prospects of my team (and life in general, I guess). It certainly feels better that way. Cheers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've been a glass half full bloke all my life. This year just devestated me. You know when you've got a lot of shit happening in your personal life and then your football team comes last and you just need to vent on something? Okay, I probably went overboard. I know I went overboard. For that I apologise, because I dont like negativity in others and I really dont like being negative myself. It doesnt feel good. I still think we need a change of coach after six years, though. But I'm going to make a conscious effort to get back to being more positive about the prospects of my team (and life in general, I guess). It certainly feels better that way. Cheers.
Nice one Ivor.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year convinced me it’s not the coach, it’s the club. It’s never been the coach.

We need to find a way to spend more on players, and do it consistently for years on end. That’s what distinguishes the top teams. I even doubt their coaches are much better than average. Robinson and Green, recent premiership winners, have also had horror seasons. Flanagan won a comp but has been suspended twice for cheating.

Kearney and Stuart both won spoons at Parra but made the finals at other mediocre clubs.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’ve said similar things throughout the year. A coach might be able to work some magic in the short term but we need to become a powerful club that attracts corporates and philanthropists if we want long term success.