What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop seeks release

Coffs dragon

Bench
Geez, R U OK?
Coffs, its Christmas Eve. And we are going to win the comp next year anyway!
#thistimenofadeout
#groundhogdaynomore
Crush....I've been to Dreamworld and it was very overrated! I live in the real world and have to hope & pray that the mighty Dragons can rise once again.
IMO we are 75% the way there to achieving success, unfortunately the 25% missing comes down to the coaching factor. Sorry and Merry Christmas, hope Santa & Rudolph are more kinder.

Gareth67

First Grade
Bullshat ! Boulder dash and horse crap and what ever other expletive that you would care to throw in at this time of the year .

I ain’t going anywhere brothers ( and sisters ) . I can assure you all that I shall be here in 2019 and the year in question- 2020 , in fact as long as the red and white blood keeps pumping in that old heart of mine .

Merry Christmas to all , signing off now for a well deserved break .:santa_tone1:

As reported this morning it appears Gareth is off to England in 2020... The signing of Norman indeed was needed... This will mean we will have some cap space from 2020 on so does this mean we could offer a Robert Jennings for example a back ended deal ? I can now see a spine of McInnes Hunt Norman and Widdop with Duff doing a 12 month apprenticeship.... hope Gareth goes out with a premiership ring... the motivation will certainly be heightened!
This had been determined well before all the media hullabaloo.
Under Bellamy Widdop was given a link man's role at Melbourne and with Cronk and Smith calling the shots and closing games out, he won a premiership.
At St. George, under McGregor was made captain and put on a pedestal.
Bottom line, no premierships in 5 years.
Good player but "best 5/8 in the world" - hardly.
Change will be good for the club in 2020 especially if it coincides with a change of coach as well.

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
Crush....I've been to Dreamworld and it was very overrated! I live in the real world and have to hope & pray that the mighty Dragons can rise once again.
IMO we are 75% the way there to achieving success, unfortunately the 25% missing comes down to the coaching factor. Sorry and Merry Christmas, hope Santa & Rudolph are more kinder.
I applaud you .... Could not have said it any better ... Now I'm going back to dream world that's where our coaching staff are ....

Drag Queen

Bench
well i for one think any dickhead who wants to leave australia to go home to the old dart needs a brain transplant . merry xmas to everyone except our outgoing captain ,and the songmaster who cant keep his pants on .i say goodbye to you two and il see all you keyboard warriors soon ,you too drag queen watch those novocastrians .
Haha OD. Enjoy your stay in Oz and have a fantastic holiday old mate Xx

ouryears

Bench
well i for one think any dickhead who wants to leave australia to go home to the old dart needs a brain transplant . merry xmas to everyone except our outgoing captain ,and the songmaster who cant keep his pants on .i say goodbye to you two and il see all you keyboard warriors soon ,you too drag queen watch those novocastrians .
I agree, good riddance Widdop, we can spend his millions on a hard, fearsome and far more smarter player, one who knows how to close out a game FFS, and a player who demands excellence from the team he is meant to be captaining.......surely mcidiot wont let him stay captain......

Ohhhh, of course he will, best mates, look at the sickening post game news conferences in the weeks we got done by 40 points. Brothers in arms.....both useless ones

ouryears

Bench
This had been determined well before all the media hullabaloo.
Under Bellamy Widdop was given a link man's role at Melbourne and with Cronk and Smith calling the shots and closing games out, he won a premiership.
At St. George, under McGregor was made captain and put on a pedestal.
Bottom line, no premierships in 5 years.
Good player but "best 5/8 in the world" - hardly.
Change will be good for the club in 2020 especially if it coincides with a change of coach as well.
Can’t wait till we figure out who we will spend Widdop millions of $$$ on.....hopefully a player with a far more winning and mean ass attitude......and tougher balls.

ouryears

Bench
OMG OMG OMG!!!
Widdop is leaving!?
I had no idea!!!
This is just great!
Christmas is ruined!
I am CELEBRATING!! And why we EVER signed a player from the purple cheaters is beyond commonsense......it got us where we are today.....nowhere.
Brighter days ahead now the quasi ( seemingly, apparently, but not really) leader is going......

Last edited: