What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: Australia v India at MCG Dec 26-30 2018 - INDIA WON BY 137 RUNS

Wizardman

First Grade
Good tactics given the short turn around to Sydney. No way our bowlers back up well after bowling 50+ overs each here.

Our only chance is bat out the rest of the test and give our bowlers 5 days rest at least for Sydney. Hopefully win the toss and bat. Then we have a chance.

Losing the toss and the horrid MCG pitch has screwed us big time.

I think you are on the money. By the slowness of the run rate, India clearly have no intent to get on with it and try to win the game. They are f**king with our bowlers in preparation for a Sydney win.

Wizardman

First Grade
India are playing this pitch like they do at home - rack up a huge score, bowl Australia out twice. If not the worst result they can get is a draw.

Dull cricket maybe but smart
No f**king way on Earth would I enforce a follow on with this pitch...it would break the Indian bowlers in half to take 20 wickets straight. It would be Kolkata reversed....lol

Clem Gould

Juniors
No f**king way on Earth would I enforce a follow on with this pitch...it would break the Indian bowlers in half to take 20 wickets straight. It would be Kolkata reversed....lol
depends on how OZ bat in 1st innings . Maybe India will still be batting on the fifth day! How good would that be Ha

Bazal

Post Whore
Kohli is hurt.

What's the bet he cuts loose now and gets to about 286 by stumps.

Matt23

Staff member
I think you are on the money. By the slowness of the run rate, India clearly have no intent to get on with it and try to win the game. They are f**king with our bowlers in preparation for a Sydney win.
And we'd be stupid enough to give Bananaman a start in Sydney, with either Starc and Cummins making way :confused:

TheParraboy

Staff member
These two might bat the full five days.

You know , might not be a bad tactic, wear our bowlers truly to the dirt, they will be stuffed as short turnaround, and their best chance to win in Sydney and the series

Doubt Indian fans or bcc I would complain, would see it as tactics. Would also bury this wicket never to be used again

JJ

Immortal
Probably. Although there's no Dravid and Laxman in the Australian XI