What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

• Total voters

stryker

First Grade
"Weakest Roster", seems a bit tough.
Close to...Lets go through it.
1. Both starting props are lazy slobs only after fast money. Alex Twal is class but still green.
2. At 9 we have an old Rob Farah or a young bloke who still needs his hand held to get through a full game.
3. Our back row is pretty strong defensively but no champion meter eaters amongst them. In attack they will make our props and wingers work hard and as previously mentioned, our props arent too fond of that.
4. Our halfback couldnt control a game of football on a playstation let alone real life. At very best he is ok...
5. Our 5/8 is either a burnt out, injury prone Reynolds or a burnt out, injury prone and old Benji
6. The center pairing of Marsters and Momirovski could prove exciting. It could also be utter shit. Either way, it will happen slowly.
7. The Wingers... lets say Nofa and Thommo. Hardly memorable pairing. Does either score enough points to offset the amount Nofa will let in? Highly doubt it. So lets add Fonua...No lets leave him in reggies where he belongs.
8. Fullback Moses was good last year. Lets not forget though that the previous few seasons for the doggies he was a turd wrapped up in a nappy full of shit. Has he turned a corner or was his end of season form a flash in the pan? Time will tell.

Lets also not forget that other regular members will include CheeKam and Eisenhuth...yeah its not a great roster mate. One of the least exciting of the new year to be honest.

Tiger05

First Grade
Close to...Lets go through it.
1. Both starting props are lazy slobs only after fast money. Alex Twal is class but still green.
2. At 9 we have an old Rob Farah or a young bloke who still needs his hand held to get through a full game.
3. Our back row is pretty strong defensively but no champion meter eaters amongst them. In attack they will make our props and wingers work hard and as previously mentioned, our props arent too fond of that.
4. Our halfback couldnt control a game of football on a playstation let alone real life. At very best he is ok...
5. Our 5/8 is either a burnt out, injury prone Reynolds or a burnt out, injury prone and old Benji
6. The center pairing of Marsters and Momirovski could prove exciting. It could also be utter shit. Either way, it will happen slowly.
7. The Wingers... lets say Nofa and Thommo. Hardly memorable pairing. Does either score enough points to offset the amount Nofa will let in? Highly doubt it. So lets add Fonua...No lets leave him in reggies where he belongs.
8. Fullback Moses was good last year. Lets not forget though that the previous few seasons for the doggies he was a turd wrapped up in a nappy full of shit. Has he turned a corner or was his end of season form a flash in the pan? Time will tell.

Lets also not forget that other regular members will include CheeKam and Eisenhuth...yeah its not a great roster mate. One of the least exciting of the new year to be honest.

Some good points but:-

1. Everyone seems to rate Twal highly but Packer and Matulino are both just as good. Eisenhuth can play here as well.
2. Hooker is a concern but if Liddle comes good then we are good here.
3. Lawrence and Matterson can potentially be a great pairing. Add in Chee-Kam and Garner and we have heaps of quality options in the edge forward positions. We don't have someone like Kikau or Hess but our backrow should be a strength next season.
4. Brooks is good. He cops it way too harshly. He is a strength.
5. Not much to say here. Benji can give you a couple of good games per season. Reynolds if he plays may come good. When he played more than 5 minutes at 6 he was good.
6. This is a fair call. Marsters looks great at times but then terrible. He is inconsistent. Who knows how Momirovski will go ? He could be a dud.
7. They are both quality first graders. Sure they aren't stars but they add to our team.
8. I assume he gets better. Quality player.

I think we have a solid roster and by that we don't have too many glaring weaknesses. That left centre spot is a massive concern and Marsters could be hot or cold but apart from that at full strength we will have a decent team.

The spine is potentially quick and good. Our edge backrowers look to run good lines and have some pace. Our middle forwards do need some grunt as well.

We aren't though a top team that is for sure.

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I know we just missed the 8 this year but really we lost some games we shouldn't have simply because we are the Wests Tigers...we just always do, it is in our DNA. Then we get a touch up twice, generally from the Raiders and that buggers our F/A.

Based on that I think we'll have a very similar season to last. Me thinking we'll make a charge but in reality just making up the numbers....9th to 10th I reckon.

Merry Christmas fellow Tigers supporters and for those that don't celebrate Christmas have a nice day too.

Wizardman

First Grade
Bottom four for me. We have way too many holes in our team to be a lock for the eight.

* We look a very slow side to me....compared to some other rosters.
* Our centres do not inspire me at all. They will have their fair share of shit days.
* Unpredictability at 6....injury prone Reynolds, old man Benji.
* Our fat and lazy starting props who do not justify their big pay packets.
*Good defensive back row.....they pack f**k all punch in attack. Chee Kam has his once a month moments where he looked ok there.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Bottom four for me. We have way too many holes in our team to be a lock for the eight.

* We look a very slow side to me....compared to some other rosters.
* Our centres do not inspire me at all. They will have their fair share of shit days.
* Unpredictability at 6....injury prone Reynolds, old man Benji.
* Our fat and lazy starting props who do not justify their big pay packets.
*Good defensive back row.....they pack f**k all punch in attack. Chee Kam has his once a month moments where he looked ok there.
Definitely much to b apprehensive about re our prospects for ‘19.

Notwithstanding the glaring concerns with our roster we do have an exceptional coach who is light yrs ahead of the juvenile impostor who is now gus’s bootlicker !

I’m confident we will b a major force in ‘20 & won’t b surprised if madge finds a way to get this squad to play finals footy in ‘19.

One things for certain Madge won’t tolerate the meek efforts by certain highly paid forwards from across the ditch.

There will definitely b players who were recruited by & had a dream run under the mercenary Cleary that will b moved on by Madge by the end of ‘19.

macnaz

Staff member
Out of 2018's top 8 teams i can see a few being weaker next year.
Warriors without Johnston
Storm without Slater
Sharks without their coach and Holmes
St George without Widderp & possibly DaBellend
So im predicting 2 at least to drop out , whether we are good enough to perform on par with 2018 and push into the 8 is another story. Out of the bottom 8 id say only the knights and perhaps the Raiders to be good enough to fill the 2 spots ahead of us.
Oh .. and the Rorters actually improving their premiership side (go figure) to go back to back.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
If the roosters dont go back to back then the comp is rigged. I know that sounds defeatist but fair suck of the old setup, that team they will wheel out next year would beat the Maroons.

That should put a target on their back that will result in upsets and an unsettled top 8 for the majority of the season however theyll win the GF by 20 odd again. Its hard to get excited about our squad who look like part timers in comparison.

Shredder

Juniors
Well I must be the outlier.

The base of the team matched it with the top teams in the first 6 rounds this year.
We came within one place of the 8th with a coach who had probably already checked out.
The few players that we did buy are a step up.
Madge looks like he is thrashing the crap out of them in preseason.

So barring injuries, which are always a risk, I am expecting us to make the 8. Presumably in the bottom half of it, but regardless. In there.

Im expecting a disjointed start to the season with Madge trying out combinations, but having said that, he already knew we were short in props and brought one in on his fourth day. (Anyone know whats happening to him?).

I am quietly confident.

mepelthwack

Juniors
Definitely much to b apprehensive about re our prospects for ‘19.

Notwithstanding the glaring concerns with our roster we do have an exceptional coach who is light yrs ahead of the juvenile impostor who is now gus’s bootlicker !

I’m confident we will b a major force in ‘20 & won’t b surprised if madge finds a way to get this squad to play finals footy in ‘19.

One things for certain Madge won’t tolerate the meek efforts by certain highly paid forwards from across the ditch.

There will definitely b players who were recruited by & had a dream run under the mercenary Cleary that will b moved on by Madge by the end of ‘19.

Did someone hack your account Ted?

If that really is you it strangely makes me feel a little more confident.

Am I crazy for thinking Matterson is going to be a world beater at our club? Is it totally beyond the realms of possibility that Mikaele will be a superstar or that Tyson Gamble will surprise us all when given a real chance? I feel as though Aloiai should be good again I mean he was coming good before last season wasn’t he?

Continuing along these lines of positivity Twal will become one of the standout props in the Nrl, maybe as soon as 2019. Reynolds will not be injured as often and I really think he will make a solid to good contribution to this side.

IF and I know it’s a big if, we can squeak into the 8 I think riding on all the emotion we will go deep into the finals because everyone will be having a huge dig for Benji and Robbie and if they are in the side I think they will be playing like they were a decade younger at that stage, knowing it’s all about to end.

Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
9-12.

Very little confidence that Brooks can do what is needed from him.

I hope I'm wrong though.

I think you are wrong in relation to laying all the blame at Brooks.

I'd have the following issues as our concerns:-

1. Will our middle forwards go forward and defend well enough to compete.
2. Will our outside backs have enough points in them and defend well enough to compete.
3. Will our hooker provide good service and a focal point in attack to the team. I can't see Robbie filling this role well over the course of the season so I pray Liddle is up to it this year.
4. You can repeat point 3 but change the names to Benji and Reynolds for the 6 position.

Then way done the list will Mbye and Brooks be able to create enough if the rest of the team get their acts together.

We are definitely an improved team from last year but there are a lot of question marks on us.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, I never said Brooks was wholly and solely to blame but when your #7 has been there for 6 seasons, missed bugger all games and hasn't played one semi, that is a hint that there's something amiss.

I really hope he makes me eat my words...

The turd was here as well and played plenty of games. He did okay last year when he had a much better team around him.