What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Sharks copping a $800k fine for the Flanagan thing.

Their cap breaches not yet dealt with.

Source: Foxsport

Gronk

Staff member
Foxsports say that the NRL allegedly uncovered 50-60 emails between the club and Flanagan during the ban period.

Sounds like they will struggling to find grounds to dispute his show cause notice.

strider

Post Whore
Honestly. Did they seriously believe flanagan would not have been in the loop durring his ban? .... as if that ban was ever gonna stick .... ban him for another year now and watch the same shit happen

Do you reckon someone at the club allowed the emails to be found? ..... cos i seriously doubt the NRL would find it without being led to it

Eelogical

Referee
800K is quite a big fine for the Sharks. They'll need Scomo deep frying some flake fillets at a bunch of public fund raisers to raise that sort of coin.

Chipmunk

Coach
New rule

Any player sent to the sin bin or sent off will be required to run from the field of play, taking the most direct route to the dressing room. Failure to do so may lead to Clubs being breached and fined under NRL Rules and/or offending players may be charged with Contrary Conduct under the NRL Judiciary Code

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/12/19/2019-season-rule-amendments/

I don't actually get the big deal with players walking off the field when they are sin binned. It's not like the clock is still going and they're taking up time in the game. It's not as if they're taking 4 minutes to get off the field. It would be like less than 30 seconds at the very most of time that you would save.

If the issue is that the players get a break, then coaches will just find other ways to get a break in the game if you make players run off the field to the sin bin.

It's not as if the team who gets the penalty is able to take a quick tap and run in any case, because the referee has stopped them from doing that in any case when they have stopped play and called the player over to send him to the sin bin.

Gronk

Staff member
Any time you leave this club it’s a great career move.
Or the policy that once you leave the Eels you win a comp.

On fire this morning..

images

I don't actually get the big deal with players walking off the field when they are sin binned. It's not like the clock is still going and they're taking up time in the game. It's not as if they're taking 4 minutes to get off the field. It would be like less than 30 seconds at the very most of time that you would save.

munster took nearly a minute to haul his fat arse off the field

screw em all they are doing is wasting time and trying to give their mates longer to get their defensive line set

defending on their own goal line that could make the difference between a try being scored or not

Gronk

Staff member
The Roosters are causing a kerfuffle again out my way. They took over the bowlo in Bondi and were firstly unsuccessful in moving their leagues club there. Next they decided to redevelop it to over 55s. Now they lodged a bowlo / seniors / childcare mix. I have no issue, but many are pissed that they lodged their DA on Xmas eve, which sneaks under the radar of most during the objection period.

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/a...m_medium=email&utm_source=alerts#comment75384

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Roosters are causing a kerfuffle again out my way. They took over the bowlo in Bondi and were firstly unsuccessful in moving their leagues club there. Next they decided to redevelop it to over 55s. Now they lodged a bowlo / seniors / childcare mix. I have no issue, but many are pissed that they lodged their DA on Xmas eve, which sneaks under the radar of most during the objection period.

https://www.planningalerts.org.au/a...m_medium=email&utm_source=alerts#comment75384
I'm sure there will be enough upset wealthy merkins to stop it going ahead.