What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

Where will the Wests Tigers finish in 2019?

• Total voters
On the assumption we have minimal long term injuries 8th.

So much will depend on how our forwards respond to Maguire's coaching and expectations.

If they put in and consistently play near their best the bottom half of the 8 is realistic. However, if they give up we will drop to 12-16.

There's already paper talk that some of the forwards are bitching about the workload. Let's hope it's only paper talk or it could be a long season.

The major issue last year is that we had very limited go forward and that needs to change to give the backs any chance. As pointed out the outside backs did most of the forwards job for them. Except Twal.

Overall I'm optimistic. Plenty of time during the season for pessimism.

Tiger05

First Grade
Jeez, that's pretty harsh Tiger05. At least Teddy gave his all when he played with us. The only blokes I've ever seen that deserve that sort of insult are Mitchell Moses and Ben Te'o.

He will always be the Turd to me. I put him in the same category as both of those players. He dogged us big time.

He will always be the Turd to me. I put him in the same category as both of those players. He dogged us big time.

That's just plain mental.

The two players I mentioned are the only 2 players I've seen just give up completely on the field whist wearing a Wests Tigers jersey. Teddy never did that. He was obviously poorly advised, so poorly in fact that he won a premiership.

Loyalty is a thing of the past, trying your guts out every game you play is not.

FTR, of the 3 that went of the "Big 4" he is the only one I'd have back. Woods and Moses can go eat a bag of dicks.

macnaz

Staff member
Dont forget Tedesco... not only tried to leave to go to Raiders but then Bulldogs and ultimately the Rorters, whilst we had forked out years of cash to see him out injured he wanted to leave every chance he got.
Loyalty is only dead for those without the morals and the mental toughness to deliver it!
As ive said before.. players such as Gallen and Thurston could have easily left for an easy premiership but they had the balls and courage to actually HELP create one not get paid to be part of one.
They we will be remembered by their fans long long after people will remember some wanker winning another paid premiership with the Roosters.

stryker

First Grade
Dont forget Tedesco... not only tried to leave to go to Raiders but then Bulldogs and ultimately the Rorters, whilst we had forked out years of cash to see him out injured he wanted to leave every chance he got.
Loyalty is only dead for those without the morals and the mental toughness to deliver it!
As ive said before.. players such as Gallen and Thurston could have easily left for an easy premiership but they had the balls and courage to actually HELP create one not get paid to be part of one.
They we will be remembered by their fans long long after people will remember some wanker winning another paid premiership with the Roosters.
Yep the point about JT and Gal has been made numerous times by many judges and it holds weight because it is true. They earned their rings and will be club legends forever. Their legacies reflect success through hard work and sacrifice.

Tedesco used this club for years whilst he sat on his arse nursing injuries and then tried at every opportunity to leave whilst bad mouthing the joint. He then receives the glory he believes he is deserved, due to his entitled upbringing and that justifies his actions to his supporters. I also wouldnt be too quick to say he always played his guts out for us. He played conservatively in '17 and missed some very easy tackles due to his non committed defense late in that season. Id actually have Mitch back before him and that is saying a lot.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Tedesco left the club because we were a complete shit show back then and he wanted to win a premiership and lock down SOO and Australia number 1 jerseys.

I don't blame him at all, he was f**king amazing to watch and he will always be a Tiger in my mind. The dream is that Roosters get caught rorting the cap and Tedesco puts his hand up to say he will leave and comes back here to win us a premiership. Wouldn't be too bad if Melbourne get done as well and Addo Carr comes home too

Tiger05

First Grade
Tedesco left the club because we were a complete shit show back then and he wanted to win a premiership and lock down SOO and Australia number 1 jerseys.

Talk about rewriting history. The only reason we were a shitshow was because of the big 4. Brooks was clearly the best of that bunch of morons and he has shown that by re-signing this year.

The Turd spent his whole time bad-mouthing the joint, not playing to his ability and interfering with the coaching staff ala his horsehead whisperer bullshit.

The Turd could have re-signed with the club, said he loved the joint and we would have been a stable well run club especially if we had gotten rid of Woods as an overpaid moron. He choose to be a complete and utter dickhead. If he'd signed with us he would have done just as well from a representative perspective and winning a premiership with a cheating club will never ever be as sweet as if he had done that with us.

macnaz

Staff member
Add to that.. he left while under Cleary 's watch and the club was finally starting to show some stability .

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
With Matterson Tigers have a better team than last year but Cowboys, Knights Titans have improved their rosters more with multiple good signings. There are about 11 teams on paper that would be in the top 8 in previous years.
The race for the 8 is so tight most fans of every team except the Eels expect their team to make the top 8. But in the end only 8 can make. Imo Tigers come 9th, Sharks and the Warriors will probably drop out of the 8 but the Tigers will probably need one more team to do the same.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't hold anything against Teddy for leaving. He was considering leaving to go the Raiders until Farah talked him out of it. I'm sure seeing the treatment Farah received from the club would have put paid to any notions of loyalty he may have had.

Yeah, he can think about how much of a prick he is when he looks at that premiership ring on his finger. I remember being extremely pissed off when Wests lost top shelf players to other clubs back in the day, Brown, Boyd, Dorahy, Britt, Lamb etc the list is pretty long. I don't consider Darren Britt or Terry Lamb wankers with premierships. And Dorahy and Boyd are still thought of as Magpie legends.

Players move for various reason, mainly for money but sometimes to be at a more professional club. Do you think the Roosters are more professional than the Tigers? I do. Having said that, I hope that down the track we entice Teddy back, just not at the twilight of his career. If we even try to entice Woods or Moses back, I'll start a f**king riot.

You're talking about long periods when the club was a basket case. Criticising a player for wanting out (a player who still played as hard as he could and was often our best player by some margin) in those circumstances doesn't wash for me. I hated it happening but I understood it. Who the F^#k would have wanted to be at the Tigers while Jason Taylor or Mick Potter were coaching? Taylor especially was a diabolical decision and he turned out to be what I expected him to be, useless.

From what I've read/heard, it's only his mates at the club that talked him out of leaving. There comes a time when even that won't work.

Add to that.. he left while under Cleary 's watch and the club was finally starting to show some stability .

Really? Stability?

We've had 3 coaches in 6 seasons, that's anything but stable.

Talk about rewriting history. The only reason we were a shitshow was because of the big 4. Brooks was clearly the best of that bunch of morons and he has shown that by re-signing this year.

The Turd spent his whole time bad-mouthing the joint, not playing to his ability and interfering with the coaching staff ala his horsehead whisperer bullshit.

The Turd could have re-signed with the club, said he loved the joint and we would have been a stable well run club especially if we had gotten rid of Woods as an overpaid moron. He choose to be a complete and utter dickhead. If he'd signed with us he would have done just as well from a representative perspective and winning a premiership with a cheating club will never ever be as sweet as if he had done that with us.

hahahahahahahahaha

You should do stand-up.

Yep the point about JT and Gal has been made numerous times by many judges and it holds weight because it is true. They earned their rings and will be club legends forever. Their legacies reflect success through hard work and sacrifice.

Tedesco used this club for years whilst he sat on his arse nursing injuries and then tried at every opportunity to leave whilst bad mouthing the joint. He then receives the glory he believes he is deserved, due to his entitled upbringing and that justifies his actions to his supporters. I also wouldnt be too quick to say he always played his guts out for us. He played conservatively in '17 and missed some very easy tackles due to his non committed defense late in that season. Id actually have Mitch back before him and that is saying a lot.

A lot?

Moses is a f**king cat. I would have Roy Bell at 6 before I'd even entertain the thought of having Moses back.

BTW, he played virtually all of 2015-17.

I dunno what team you were watching for but most of Teddy's time at Wests, he was the bloke I expected to do something and to be honest, he rarely disappointed me. Even playing for the Roosters, I love watching the bloke play.

And on another tangent, why is wrong with this club? ANZ is not available so they move those games to Parramatta?

Leichhardt and Campbelltown should have shared those games, 3 per year is simply not enough to keep the interest up, especially in Campbelltown.

Basket case.

simmo05

Bench
With Matterson Tigers have a better team than last year but Cowboys, Knights Titans have improved their rosters more with multiple good signings. There are about 11 teams on paper that would be in the top 8 in previous years.
The race for the 8 is so tight most fans of every team except the Eels expect their team to make the top 8. But in the end only 8 can make. Imo Tigers come 9th, Sharks and the Warriors will probably drop out of the 8 but the Tigers will probably need one more team to do the same.
Cowboys had a top 4 team this year, didnt do much good though.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Cowboys had a top 4 team this year, didnt do much good though.
It's all the outside backs. Last year besides Feldt and Hampton they were easily handled. So they couldn't get many quick play the balls at the start of sets to give someone like Tamuolo more space. He will get another quick play the ball given more space and the Cowboys get a roll on from there. Nene Macdonald will make a huge difference when it comes to that and to a lesser extent Barba as well.

Latest posts