What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQ - this is USA based law information I believe.

Although as mentioned by others, our laws were changed ‘recently’ whereby the Police can continue to prosecute the case even if the claimant withdraws... assuming they have compelling evidence.

JDB will engage the best counsel available to him... the law is not always equal in that respect.

The courts will end up being a torrid time for all parties concerned .. No doubt a ‘confidential settlement’ offer would flag this up to all parties.

Just a sad situation all round .. with lifelong scars for all, no matter the outcome.

TruSaint

Referee

Although as mentioned by others, our laws were changed ‘recently’ whereby the Police can continue to prosecute the case even if the claimant withdraws... assuming they have compelling evidence.

JDB will engage the best counsel available to him... the law is not always equal in that respect.

The courts will end up being a torrid time for all parties concerned .. No doubt a ‘confidential settlement’ offer would flag this up to all parties.

Just a sad situation all round .. with lifelong scars for all, no matter the outcome.

No winners here champ...
Happy new year to you and yours.

Drag Queen

Bench

Our legal systems are fairly similar tbh albeit without the US Constitutional Amendments etc. I'm not a lawyer, but I am sitting next to one. BTW I agree with all the points you've just made. PS. Happy New Year Xx

Gardenia

Juniors
For sure we can discuss his position and who plays if not him, I was just referring to those who have decided JDB is guilty and want him lynched today.
Fair call. I just wish the trial would get done and be over with. Feb 12 will probably just be a hearing and adjourned.....it will drag on . I hope not as it will do everyone’s heads in from all sides .

Gardenia

Juniors
I'm sure no one on here knows all the facts however, right now JDB must be presumed innocent until proven/found guilty. In my opinion his layers will be working hard to get the charge withdrawn prior to trial to minimise the damage to JDB and the Club.
That would be seen as an advantage to him and the club BUT if I was him I’d be wanting it to play out in court no confidential agreements I’d want to clear my name. Then the nrl cannot touch him. That’s me giving him the presumption of innocence according to the law of our country, not my opinion. Of which I cannot have one as I do not have all the facts in front of me.

Gardenia

Juniors
For sure we can discuss his position and who plays if not him, I was just referring to those who have decided JDB is guilty and want him lynched today.
So if we are discussing his position since I’m making an educated guess he won’t play with us while at least the court case is happening.....what does everyone think are our best options for his replacement?
I think his work load and defence will be hard to replace . Who is up to the job ? Which junior?

Gardenia

Juniors
The strength of the claims and the stress of going through such a trial are also of consideration. Layers from each side witll have the discussion and consult with their client. If a deal can be done, it will be done.
I hope not even though I acknowledge the stress involved to all sides. The only way to settle this once and for all is full court case full disclosure. What will stop the rumours or nrl otherwise . Also best for the reputation of the game it plays out fully . He’s either exonerated or convicted and the nrl can either not touch him or boot him . Over and out end of the dramas let footy carry on.

Our legal systems are fairly similar tbh albeit without the US Constitutional Amendments etc. I'm not a lawyer, but I am sitting next to one. BTW I agree with all the points you've just made. PS. Happy New Year Xx

Happy New Year DQ to you and your family.. and I am sorry for the loss of the friend you mentioned earlier in the week.

I do think the candidness of many members add to the ‘value’ and familiarity within this dragons community. It adds to the mental picture we have of each poster... I am sure very few are like we imagine.

Hopefully the many headwinds of 2019 don’t slow us down too much.

Happy New Year Dragons faithful...

Status
Not open for further replies.