What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

BLM01

First Grade
“They kept me off the field a bit more and let me freshen up,” Dufty said.

As much as I like Dufty and also think he will be a great fullback for us "with a bit of work" I did not see much evidence of them keeping off the field more unless they are talking about training. Cause if he was fatigued he did not show too much fatigue in the 75th minute of the Broncos final...other areas of his game yeh for sure he did not put in like he should of at the back end of the year.
I think these articles are all about excuses which is a blight on the media as well as a blight on the player as coming up with them. I just hope our illustrious coaching staff rammed home the truths about his performances and what it is to be a 1st grader. I never played fullback but can appreciate how tough a gig it is.

Eastview

Juniors
Didn't Dufty say he was told by the coaching staff he would be fullback next season (or something along those lines)? Now all he is saying is he was told he won't be released and is hoping to retain his Jersey... Must know he is on the outer

RufusRex

Post Whore
Didn't Dufty say he was told by the coaching staff he would be fullback next season (or something along those lines)? Now all he is saying is he was told he won't be released and is hoping to retain his Jersey... Must know he is on the outer

Of course he is in the outer .. we didn’t buy Norman to play 10min a week off the bench.

slippery5

Juniors
No one should be surprised with the Moles "exclusive"article today saying McGregor poised to switch Widdop to FB in new twist to saga.
McGregor want's to be seen as someone who is willing to make changes with the foresight of the team & his long jeopardy as a coach, recognising the mistakes that weren't acted on last year when we were falling down the ladder.
That's it in a nutshell

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade

Yeah, but didnt say for which team!

epDragon62

First Grade
Here’s a prediction: Widdop gets injured having been put at FB and Dufty excels back in the team.

Crush

Coach
"(I need to improve on) effort areas off the ball and catching the ball on the full. All the things good fullbacks do. They are easy fixes, just a mindset shift.”

This is really interesting. You would think that catching the ball on the full would be something that you could almost master if you practiced enough.
Surely its just a confidence thing. When he says it's a mindset shift is he saying its a confidence issue?

TruSaint

Referee
"(I need to improve on) effort areas off the ball and catching the ball on the full. All the things good fullbacks do. They are easy fixes, just a mindset shift.

This is really interesting. You would think that catching the ball on the full would be something that you could almost master if you practiced enough.
Surely its just a confidence thing. When he says it's a mindset shift is he saying its a confidence issue?

"easy fixes" ???????

;)

Hmmmm,

red rocket

Juniors
Hunt will be 7 widdop will be 6 the duff will be 1 norman will be 14 and will replace hunt when he moves to 9 mark my words this will happen

Crush

Coach
Hunt will be 7 widdop will be 6 the duff will be 1 norman will be 14 and will replace hunt when he moves to 9 mark my words this will happen
I'd be surprised if they signed Norman to start off the bench, he's a guy you want on the paddock for 80 mins.
My prediction is Norman to play fullback to start with.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just my opinion is I wouldn't be surprised if Widdop is released to super league before season starts , now that Norman is on board and signed for 3 years ...

possm

Coach

Dufty is on wood for the rest of the off-season. He has to put in a big effort to challenge Widdop for the fullback spot. I'm tipping Dufty will return to ISP as fullback until he sorts things out.

possm

Coach
Just my opinion is I wouldn't be surprised if Widdop is released to super league before season starts , now that Norman is on board and signed for 3 years ...

I'm tipping the halves will be Hunt and Norman; nothing to do with Widdop. I think it more likely that Widdop will play fullback for at least the first four rounds; giving Dufty time to sort things out in ISP.

watatank

Coach

I don't think anyone has actually come out and said that Dufty will be fullback. All that has been said is that Dufty won't be released and will be part of the squad next season. Doesn't say anything about his role.

I don't think anyone will say too much more than that until he signs a contract extension and it doesn't look like they will be ready to commit to that one for a while.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Widdop's flying British airways

no chance ... we would have kept Mann if Widdop were going this year.

Widdop/Hunt/Norman/McInnes in the spine .. Robson on the bench
Widdop leaving in 2020 and the coaching staff telling Dufty exactly what he has to achieve in ISP this year to get back into first grade. Top two are putting his body on the line in defence and getting to the ball on the full.

If Dufty is as good as many seem to think then he should eat that up and come back better .. If not then enjoy canberra.

Latest posts