What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LJC\Stallion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

First Grade
@Stallion

I know we disagree on just about everything but I just wanted to sign off on the year by saying thanks - you seriously give me a good laugh everytime I log in here. Love you passion for the game but f#@k me you come out with some funny sh!t

Have a good night everyone - chat next year.

And I am not Robinson Cruso on this website! It's a real eye-opener to how disingenuous people think other people are . That's my take on this site. And it is well versed on hiding proactive discourse as well. Especially when it upsets the apple cart of a perceived view of where Rugby League should be in the world . I think much higher than others and others don't. Happy new year to all. Even Timmah and Te Kaha. (sometimes you were fair-minded )

Stallion

First Grade
Yeah I never played for an NRL side either.

Pretty sure you never would have had a go as well! I'm glad I gave it a go. Better for the experience. And way more knowledgeable on rugby league than some on this site!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Pretty sure you never had a gone as well! I'm glad I gave it a go. Better for the experience. And way more knowledgeable on rugby league than some on this site!

No you’re right I’ve never had a gone, no idea how you knew.
Anyway have a good new year you utter loon. Looking forward to seeing theories you can dream up in 2019.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I am.not lying! I played rugby union for my school whilst playing rugby-league on weekends. I also was the school rugby league captain and represented Hunter regional schoolboys . (1983)

You would not have been eligible to play school boy Rugby if you had been paid to play League. That is the simple documented truth. This throws your claim out the window.

Stallion

First Grade
You would not have been eligible to play school boy Rugby if you had been paid to play League. That is the simple documented truth. This throws your claim out the window.

I played union at Waratah high school in 1982. I also played plenty of other sports that year. I signed to play semi professional rugby league the following year. That's the truth! Having to sign the declaration was very different to play union.

Last edited:

batley

Juniors
I knew a guy back in the UK who played for a pro league club, left there and played for the local union team when the game was amateur, in fact was made captain,reckoned the game was dodle.
Get your facts right before you go into print.

Stallion

First Grade
I knew a guy back in the UK who played for a pro league club, left there and played for the local union team when the game was amateur, in fact was made captain,reckoned the game was dodle.

Thanks Batley. I'm amazed at the scurrilous intent of these contributors / moderators. It's extremely concerning. I often tell my longtime sporting mates about the stuff that people get accused of and disingenuous intent of people on the site. They shake their heads in disgust. But we carry on.

Te Kaha

First Grade
I played union at Waratah high school in 1983. I also played plenty of other sports that year. And played semi professional rugby league in the winter. That's the truth! Having to sign the declaration was very different to play union.

So international, State, Provincial and club players were banned from playing Rugby after being paid to play League, but you alone weren't. Yeah that REALLY sounds like the truth.

And there is a surprise, Stallion Junior rides in to back up his main account.

Stallion

First Grade
So international, State, Provincial and club players were banned from playing Rugby after being paid to play League, but you alone weren't. Yeah that REALLY sounds like the truth.

And there is a surprise, Stallion Junior rides in to back up his main account.

Te Kaha . You are absolutely scurilous. If I had an option to take you to court for these absolutely incorrect assertions I would. I played a number of sports in my final year at high school. Rugby union was one of them whilst also being signed semi professionally for my local district rugby league club. Yes I signed a declaration 'waiver' in order to play this game of union. I still think that any sport that does that is very dodgy. As we know shamateurism was well and truelly rife within union ranks. I am telling the truth and your scurrilous accusations are ridiculous and wrong! Don't care about what onerous Union rules were in play ! I did play union at my school in my final year whilst playing rugbyleague semiprofessionally on weekends. The captain of the school union team was a nice bloke actually, Ross Bourke. He also played rugby league in our University Shield rugby league side which I captained.

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Te Kaha . You are absolutely scurilous. If I had an option to take you to court for these absolutely incorrect assertions I would. I played a number of sports in my final year at high school. Rugby union was one of them whilst also being signed semi professionally for my local district rugby league club. Yes I signed a declaration 'waiver' in order to play this game of union. I still think that any sport that does that is very dodgy. As we know shamateurism was well and truelly rife within union ranks. I am telling the truth and your scurrilous accusations are ridiculous and wrong! Don't care about what onerous Union rules were in play ! I did play union at my school in my final year whilst playing rugbyleague semiprofessionally on weekends. The captain of the school union team was a nice bloke actually, Ross Bourke. He also played rugby league in our University Shield rugby league side which I captained.

Sure, professionals the world over were banned from amateur rugby, but you were allowed to play. What's not to believe.

And I would find it hilarious if you took me to court.. you would be laughed out of the place!

Stallion

First Grade
Sure, professionals the world over were banned from amateur rugby, but you were allowed to play. What's not to believe.

And I would find it hilarious if you took me to court.. you would be laughed out of the place!

I am telling you the truth. You are scurrilous and this role as a moderator you have on this website is not being done properly. Then again if you really look at it properly and historically union has committed sly and dodgy manouverings over many years and you are an example of sly, dodgy and scurilous. Suppose you are content in fullfilling your role as a deflector and denier of truth.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
may2010+540.jpg

Te Kaha

First Grade
I am telling you the truth. You are scurrilous and this role as a moderator you have on this website is not being done properly. Then again if you really look at it properly and historically union has committed sly and dodgy manouverings over many years and you are an example of sly, dodgy and scurilous. Suppose you are content in fullfilling your role as a deflector and denier of truth.

Sure you're telling the truth, I'm sure you got an exemption to play when everyone else in the world couldn't.

batley

Juniors

Maybe Pommy may back me on this one depending on his age.
During the period of National Service in the UK all professional Rugby League Players who did National service were seconded in all the service rugby union teams.

Whatwhere

Juniors
Maybe Pommy may back me on this one depending on his age.
During the period of National Service in the UK all professional Rugby League Players who did National service were seconded in all the service rugby union teams.

A quick search reveals that the last intake for National Service was in 1960.

Pommy

Coach
I"m not disputing this, I"m merely pointing out that this took place when Union was strictly amateur.

Obviously you did not read the first line of my post.

I joined in 2006 I have zero idea.
You still haven’t explained your claim that there would be no money in the sport if it wasn’t for origin.

batley

Juniors
I joined in 2006 I have zero idea.
You still haven’t explained your claim that there would be no money in the sport if it wasn’t for origin.

My claim was based merely on gate takings alone would not sustain the game Take away tv monies and pokies and I think the game we all love would be in dire straights.

Stallion

First Grade
Sure you're telling the truth, I'm sure you got an exemption to play when everyone else in the world couldn't.

I played union in my last year at high school. I must inform I began my grade career the next year. I had signed with my local district club during 1982 to play in 1983.

Status
Not open for further replies.