What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
I was flicking through the sports pages of the Telecrap on the weekend and the Pickled Merkin was pretty happy that there had been no player atrocities to comment on for a week, then this comes out.........

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wbat are these interests re Weidler. Why would someone like Ayoub need a genius like Weidler ?

I’m actually thinking about doing a fairly extensive blog on how player managers and the media run the game.

This basis of it is they form a connection that is mutually beneficial to both parties. Below is purely an example of what ‘could happen’

Ayoub calls his mate at Channel 9:

‘Hey Danny, The Tigers are trying to punt Robbie, I need you to go to town on them tonight so we can win the PR battle. By the way I’ve nearly got Thurston an extension with the Cowboys, I’ll give you the exclusive for it as soon as it’s done.’

Essentially the media are there to do the bidding of the player managers to get a result for their client, then in turn they'll be given an 'Exclusive' to boost their ratings/clicks. Make no mistake, the Managers are who run the game today.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
Isnt he a god botherer?

And seriously, wtf is wrong with these people? Is it that hard to go out and enjoy yourself and not punch some merkin?

gordsy

Juniors
I’m actually thinking about doing a fairly extensive blog on how player managers and the media run the game.

This basis of it is they form a connection that is mutually beneficial to both parties. Below is purely an example of what ‘could happen’

‘Hey Danny, The Tigers are trying to punt Robbie, I need you to go to town on them tonight so we can win the PR battle. By the way I’ve nearly got Thurston an extension with the Cowboys, I’ll give you the exclusive for it as soon as it’s done.’

Essentially the media are there to do the bidding of the player managers. Make no mistake, the Managers are who run the game today.

Would love to read it mate. Also looked at Farrah's 24/7 company and it seems Ayoubs kid is one of the co founders. Grubby grubby grubby.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

Essentially the media are there to do the bidding of the player managers to get a result for their client, then in turn they'll be given an 'Exclusive' to boost their ratings/clicks. Make no mistake, the Managers are who run the game today.
This is exactly what happens. Weidler gets exclusives with Ayoub clients all the time.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...are-dark-days-for-flanno-20181222-p50nxh.html

His comments about WT in this article are intended to protect Sam Ayoub in this case. He's trying to turn the Tigers out of an appeal because he knows if the full extent of the negotiations with Ayoub come out it would not paint a very kind picture of him.

The Tigers have very little to lose in an appeal and based on Weidler's comments, they definately should follow through and do it. If it dishes up some dirt on Ayoub that is a win in itself

super_coach

First Grade

Without doubt the player managers are the ones running the game and they obviously have plenty of dirt on our leaders at the NRL because it would appear they are untouchable. Germs like Danny Wessel are just the foot soldiers for the player agents

WT2K

Juniors
Saw pictures of Pat Richards at training yesterday with the boys. Wonder if he's joined the staff or just a guest..

Wizardman

First Grade
We better not be one of them.

1) Because he is a cheat
2) At centre, he was very poor defensively. You'd only possibly take him as a winger.

Vic Mackey

Referee
We better not be one of them.

1) Because he is a cheat
2) At centre, he was very poor defensively. You'd only possibly take him as a winger.

I wouldn’t want him back however I don’t agree with either point

1) I don’t believe he ever cheated, I believe he was just stupid. No one is going to try and throw a game over a $10 bet. If the bets were $1k and he noticeably missed tackles then I would call him a cheat
2) I always felt defensively he was very sound. I’ll give you an interesting stat: out of any player we had from 2012 onwards Simona has the highest winning percentage