What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souffs Sydney nude video complaint

myrrh ken

First Grade
...and it was investigated, and he was cleared of involvement.

Whether you or I agree with that finding is irrelevant - you don't get to make an assumption she was non-consenting or that Sam himself was guilty of what happened if he hasn't been found as such.

I didn't think he was cleared of involvement. They did find it was consensual between her and an unnamed player.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I didn't think he was cleared of involvement. They did find it was consensual between her and an unnamed player.
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/21/rabbitohs-release-findings-of-investigation/

The Panel appointed by the South Sydney Rabbitohs has completed its investigation into a complaint made regarding inappropriate conduct by a Rabbitohs player in May of this year.

This investigation arose from reports in the Daily Telegraph on 14 and 15 September 2018, and emails sent by an anonymous complainant in May, June and August 2018 which alleged inappropriate conduct by a South Sydney player on a Facebook Messenger video call.

After being informed of the matter, the Club committed to investigate the complaint in consultation and co-operation with the NRL Integrity Unit. It appointed a panel consisting of Commissioner Lea Drake (Independent), Karyn Murphy (NRL Integrity Unit), Nick Pappas (Rabbitohs Chairman), Emily Grant (Rabbitohs Head of Operations, People and Culture) and Blake Solly (Rabbitohs Chief Executive Officer) to investigate and report upon the complaint.

Representatives of the Panel interviewed South Sydney players and staff. The Complainant was interviewed privately by Ms Murphy. The Complainant declined to be interviewed by the Panel, and did not want her identity disclosed, which the Club has respected. The Panel has also reviewed all available documentary material.

Based on a thorough review of the available evidence before it, the Panel was not satisfied that any South Sydney player engaged in any actionable misconduct resulting in a breach of their NRL Playing Contract, the NRL Rules or the SSFC Code of Conduct.

The Rabbitohs have no further comment to make at this time.

Valheru

Coach
https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2018/09/21/rabbitohs-release-findings-of-investigation/

The Panel appointed by the South Sydney Rabbitohs has completed its investigation into a complaint made regarding inappropriate conduct by a Rabbitohs player in May of this year.

This investigation arose from reports in the Daily Telegraph on 14 and 15 September 2018, and emails sent by an anonymous complainant in May, June and August 2018 which alleged inappropriate conduct by a South Sydney player on a Facebook Messenger video call.

After being informed of the matter, the Club committed to investigate the complaint in consultation and co-operation with the NRL Integrity Unit. It appointed a panel consisting of Commissioner Lea Drake (Independent), Karyn Murphy (NRL Integrity Unit), Nick Pappas (Rabbitohs Chairman), Emily Grant (Rabbitohs Head of Operations, People and Culture) and Blake Solly (Rabbitohs Chief Executive Officer) to investigate and report upon the complaint.

Representatives of the Panel interviewed South Sydney players and staff. The Complainant was interviewed privately by Ms Murphy. The Complainant declined to be interviewed by the Panel, and did not want her identity disclosed, which the Club has respected. The Panel has also reviewed all available documentary material.

Based on a thorough review of the available evidence before it, the Panel was not satisfied that any South Sydney player engaged in any actionable misconduct resulting in a breach of their NRL Playing Contract, the NRL Rules or the SSFC Code of Conduct.

The Rabbitohs have no further comment to make at this time.

Clearing them of misconduct is not the same as clearing them of involvement.

no name

Coach
If my marriage breaks up, no-one cares and its not news. But I'm not sure Sam Burgess would want to try to live on my income, or give up the perks attached to his status in sport. It is part and parcel of the fame and the money. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And it isn't changing any time soon. News outlets will continue to report news.

Far from lapping it up, my position is that any man who'd walk out on a two week old baby for any reason isn't much of a man.

What I mean is this. You were waiting with your baseball bat to pounce on the first person who commented. Damn some people are thick.
Again, this is not ‘news’, it is speculation around the private life of someone.
And you are lapping it up by judging Burgess without knowing all of the facts.
Your statement is exactly what these gossip mongers feed off.
And I’m the thick one?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We should let me and @carcharias investigate Flanagan
From the same article, the investigation was led by Lea Drake from Law Enforcement Conduct Commission, and Karyn Murphy from the NRL's Integrity Unit who used to head up police on the Gold Coast - yes there were Rabbitohs officials on it as well, but it's a shit go calling the credentials of those two into question, surely?

AJB1102

First Grade
From the same article, the investigation was led by Lea Drake from Law Enforcement Conduct Commission, and Karyn Murphy from the NRL's Integrity Unit who used to head up police on the Gold Coast - yes there were Rabbitohs officials on it as well, but it's a shit go calling the credentials of those two into question, surely?

I know, but it's a shady sounding opening sentence.

jack coburn

Juniors
I’m still waiting for all the defamation lawsuits that Souths fans assured us was in the process from this episode. I’m sure Paul Kent and the Tele have got their lawyers waiting for it to come.
Anyhow it’s sad to see any marriage break down especially when kids are involved.