What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season

Pablooo

Juniors
Starting pack without Gurgess will likely be;
Surgess
Cook
Turgess
Sutton
Knight
Murray

Bennett will turn Knight into a Ben Teo mark2. Bennett loves big tough backrowers. He has history with the likes of Tallis, Jeremy Smith, Beau SCOTT, Tony Carrol and Brad Thorn. He targets tough backrowers and uses them to full effect.

ThingFish

Juniors
Starting pack without Gurgess will likely be;
Surgess
Cook
Turgess
Sutton
Knight
Murray

Bennett will turn Knight into a Ben Teo mark2. Bennett loves big tough backrowers. He has history with the likes of Tallis, Jeremy Smith, Beau SCOTT, Tony Carrol and Brad Thorn. He targets tough backrowers and uses them to full effect.
Very interesting selection. The trials will tell a LOT this year. Definitely need to find any Te’o.

Edit- Knight isn’t in our 30 on the website. Interesting that Robert Jennings is listed in the 30.

Last edited:

CAFPOW

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I think Ben Te'o is off contract at the end of this Yawnion season. Should Richo bring him home? He will be 32 or 33 yrs old by then.

Pablooo

Juniors
Very interesting selection. The trials will tell a LOT this year. Definitely need to find any Te’o.

Edit- Knight isn’t in our 30 on the website. Interesting that Robert Jennings is listed in the 30.

The current 30 will change and Knight will be in the 30. He was highly rated along the lines of a Cameron Murray but hit a rocky road off field.

ThingFish

Juniors
I could be wrong, but I think Ben Te'o is off contract at the end of this Yawnion season. Should Richo bring him home? He will be 32 or 33 yrs old by then.
A lot of water has passed under the bridge since 2014. Back then TE’O swore he’d never set foot in the NRL again. But you never, ever, know. Sammy’s a single man again, maybe they can share a bachelor pad again, could be 2014 all over again :smiley:

ThingFish

Juniors
The current 30 will change and Knight will be in the 30. He was highly rated along the lines of a Cameron Murray but hit a rocky road off field.
True. They can’t fit both him and Denniss in, so likely Denniss will just be an NSWCup signing.

Pablooo

Juniors
True. They can’t fit both him and Denniss in, so likely Denniss will just be an NSWCup signing.

Its my opinion both player were signed as depth signings with Knight ranked higher in the order. We have players like Gagan and Sam Johnstone who will have to make way for Dennis and Knight. The later two definitely have more upside in their selection.

Last edited:

ThingFish

Juniors
Its my opinion both player were signed as depth signings with Knight ranked higher in the order. We have players like Gagan and Sam Johnstone who will have to make way for Dennis and Knight. The later two definitely have more upside in their selection.
Gagan I agree, but I think Johnstone has potential and needs a lift in grade. He may spend all season in NSWCup, but I reckon that dangling carrot of potential NRL call up is what will bring his game to the level required. I think these trial games will be the most interesting since the 2012 preseason. Can’t wait to see what unfolds. Also can’t wait to watch a real Bunnies reserve grade out of Redfern Oval this year. Glory Glory.

ThingFish

Juniors
Great to see they are brining back the Return To Redfern match this preseason!! Can’t wait to see all 3 grades line up v The Panthers, who are top notch in all 3 grades. Can’t wait for tickets to go on sale to members. This might sell out fast.

Edit: The NSWCup side won’t be playing RTR. It’s NRL, Harold Matts, Flegg and SG Ball.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs announce Return to Redfern VII: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/rabbitohs-announce-return-to-redfern-vii/

Gallery - Training Week 9: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/gallery-training-week-9/

Great to see all the boys back from their break! It's especially great to see GI and Gags make their return.

Great to see they are brining back the Return To Redfern match this preseason!! Can’t wait to see all 3 grades line up v The Panthers, who are top notch in all 3 grades. Can’t wait for tickets to go on sale to members. This might sell out fast.
It's gonna be a great event bro and I'm so happy they've brought it back. Hopefully the game will be live streamed too but we'll see.

ThingFish

Juniors
Rabbitohs announce Return to Redfern VII: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/rabbitohs-announce-return-to-redfern-vii/

Gallery - Training Week 9: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/01/08/gallery-training-week-9/

Great to see all the boys back from their break! It's especially great to see GI and Gags make their return.

It's gonna be a great event bro and I'm so happy they've brought it back. Hopefully the game will be live streamed too but we'll see.
Good to see Adam Douehi running, and Sammy with a big smile on his face.