What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach
He definitely cooked Nicole Kidman some eggs
B0-F1-AEC2-68-B9-4-B10-A040-C14-A8-C0-F8818.jpg

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I enjoyed Aquaman. Not a masterpiece but a fun movie.

Probably should've cut all the Black Manta stuff though, just didn't fit into the story well.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I loved Aquaman.

Obviously, Aquaman is my favourite superhero, and I love Jason Momoa, so I may be biased - but it was still a DCEU film, so I thought there was a good chance they would f**k it up.

Instead, I got an unapologetically crazy, loud, balls-to-the-wall action film, which was visually stunning, and did a great justice to Arthur Curry/Aquaman, imo.

I hope the DCEU takes notes from this film, because it was very well done, imo.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Considering even by the comics standards aquamans outfit looked pretty wanky so it was going to be a challenge to not look stupid on the big screen but at least that part they nailed pretty good

natheel

Coach
The cgi was excellent and one thing I did like is every character looked how they should, over the top gaudy outfits just like in the comic books so I’ll commend them for that but I couldn’t get into it at all. Idk why, but I felt the only character I ‘believed’ was Orm. Patrick Wilson did a great job. Thought Defoe did well with his character too.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just saw Aquaman. I was a bit let down. I had high hopes after hearing good things. Atlantis was pretty spectacular but I didn’t buy the acting mostly and thought the dialogue was a bit too silly.
I may be in the minority but I really like Man of Steel and BvS but Justice League and now Aquaman make me think they’re taking things in the wrong direction trying to “fix” the DC universe.

Game_Breaker

Coach
People may be overstating how good it was based on using the justice league as a yardstick

That’s a very low bar

Aquaman was alright, nothing too special

thorson1987

Coach
The redhead isn’t bad either

Yeah but Johnny Depp has been all up in that. She must be pretty messed up. Although she did piss Barnaby Joyce off.

Got home from watching it not long ago and I enjoyed it. Not the best movie but shits all over Justice League.

Had memories of Once Were Warriors in the bar scene, half expected Jake The Muss to smash the glass over the guys head before he said he only wanted a pic with Arthur.

shiznit

Coach
Two Spider-Mam Far From Home Trailers released...

Normal Teaser:
International Teaser:
I guess this means young Peter survives the snap... :joy::joy:

Now watch everyone relentlessly pick these trailers apart for Avengers clues... :joy::joy:

Last edited:

natheel

Coach

Normal Teaser:
International Teaser:

Now watch everyone relentlessly pick these trailers apart for Avengers clues... :joy::joy:

Looks like fun

Frederick

Staff member

Normal Teaser:
International Teaser:

People are already freaking out over the image of the old avengers tower undergoing renovations. Most speculate it'll be the new Baxter building

shiznit

Coach
Ominous signs about Dark Phoenix...

Fox are gonna end up bombing this property one last time before Marvel Studios finally take over.

Latest posts