What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Test: Australia v India at SCG Jan 3-7 2019 - MATCH DRAWN

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yeah that was my thought as well.

The JLT Cup started September 16th this year. No reason at all the Shield can't start around that time. Run it straight into the BBL. It also means that Shield cricket leads into the Tests.
Also means you have the situation we have now where we pick replacements from BBL eg Handscomb.

Bazal

Post Whore
Cricinfo is whiling away the rain delay by talking about fan's first memory of cricket.

For me it was 1969, a young John Snow was charging in from the river end with the Fremantle doctor at his back to bowl to CAPTAIN Ian Chappell. There were no helmets in those days so Chappell hooked every ball onto the road adjacent to the trotters at Gloucester park whilst Ashley Mallett stood up the other end applauding. Chappell then walked off for a beer, punching Sir Donald Bradman in the guts. A helluva era.

(Actually it was the ashes test at the MCG in the early 80s where AB and Thompson got within 3 runs of winning).

I've been thinking about this and I must be getting old, but I can't remember a specific match until an ODI vs Sri Lanka in 95 at the SCG the week before the infamous Bevan last ball four on NYD (which we also went to). Bev got us home in that one as well, albeit much less spectacularly, chasing mid-200s. Tubs fell short of a hundred and there were a couple of 50 odds, I think we needed 8 or so off the last over and 4 off the least three balls, Bev cut Kumar Dharmasena for four and that was that.

My first singular memory of cricket is probably a year or so before that. Taking my first ever wicket. With an Incredi at Pennant Hills, the oval near the high school with the big old tree off to one side. I'd heard all about Steve Waugh and his slower ball, so being about 9 and having no idea what that actually meant I literally just bowled it slower and somehow got a caught and bowled.

Last edited:

69-05-41

Juniors
Ffs it rains more in Melbourne and Sydney than it does at Headingley.

Get rid of these two rain drenched road pitched scab tests and bring back the Gabba.

Agree, I was an SCG Member for decades but got sick of watching rain in substandard facilities with inadequate parking and transport options. The Sydney Test is virtually always rain affected as it often rains on the coast when the rest of Sydney is dry. CA should look at their scheduling and move the Sydney Test to December or inland away from the dinosaur SCG. Stats on SCG rain delays would be very interesting.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Surely they will enforce the follow on here. Their bowlers have only had to bowl about 200 overs at us all series, so they'll be fresh as f**k.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Really good interview with Harsha Bogle on ABC this morning during the rain delay. Bloke has had an incredible broadcasting career, and really enjoy his commentary.

Last edited:

Latest posts