What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Danish

Referee
I'm seeing Louis CK at Maddison square garden later in the year. So f**kin excited.

Bill Burr is another brilliant comedian I'm looking forward to seeing live.

An all time legend not mentioned yet as well is Mitch Hedberg. If you've not heard of him I envy the next 2-3 hours of your life as you get to watch all his stuff on YouTube

To paraphrase the great GeorgeCarlin, those 2 should be locked in to portable toilets and set on fire.

Fiona O'Loughlin is another shit truck. Ugh, she is awful.

I envy the person going to see Louis CK at Madison Square Garden. That would have to be the number 1 comedy ticket at the moment.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Giving this one a bump. Not looking for any judgement just some suggestions.

Anyone got any current comics that they are really into at the moment? I recently went and saw Russell Peters live for the second time and loved it and as a result I've been binging on the netflix stand up specials..

So just like the OP, who do you guys like?

A few I've liked recently are
- Jim Norton
- Kevin Hart
- Kavin Jay
- Jim Jeffries

Life's Good

Coach

Anyone got any current comics that they are really into at the moment? I recently went and saw Russell Peters live for the second time and loved it and as a result I've been binging on the netflix stand up specials..

- Jim Norton
- Kevin Hart
- Kavin Jay
- Jim Jeffries

Two words:
Dave Chapelle.

LESStar58

Referee

- Jim Norton
- Kevin Hart
- Kavin Jay
- Jim Jeffries

Jim Norton is one I need to get around to. He's been on a couple of Comedy Central Roasts and I found him quite funny. He's been on Rogan a few times but those podcasts are a commitment!

roofromoz

First Grade
If political satire is your bag, you could do a lot worse than Andy Zaltzman... although his much famed pun runs can be torturous.

nöyd

Staff member
Norm MacDonald is a legend
His impersonation of David Letterman is hilarious, can't find it anywhere on line except on NBC's site, unfortunately my VPN expired yesterday so I can't change my location to the US to be able to watch it (at the moment).

bileduct

Coach
There's a new Bill Burr special on Netflix - Paper Tiger.

I fell asleep partway through it because I was tired, but there was plenty of Bill's screeching going on that kept waking me up.

I watched an old Katt Williams special the other day which was very good.

And an old Tracey Morgan one too, now I think about it.

Both those guys make me laugh.

Latest posts