What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Dont' Like Cricket, Oh No, I Love it, Yeah

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah he’s not ideal but he was certainly more entrenched in the team than Paine was. You could argue Ponting was a bit loose as well.

Yeah it wouldn't bother me if they went to someone like Lyon. Just pointing out that there seem to be entrenched beliefs that might count him out in the eyes of the hierarchy.

strider

Post Whore
Agree, there is simply no one else able to be aussie captain .... Finch? He is lucky to be in the team .... infact our bowlers are the only ones who are definites to be picked - and that is also why i think paine got it, he can hold down a spot on his keeping, hence got captaincy

No batsman is a certainty to even be in the team atm, so you cant make em captain

Smith and Warner straight back in ... be fair dinkum, they are by far our best batsmen .... i have always hated warner, but i'd put him in my cricket team .... the 12 month suspension was a massive overreaction anyway, they have served more than enough time

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think we'll have to stick with Paine for a year or so, there really isn't much choice.

Reminds me of when the poms appointed Brearly as skipper but if he wasn't skipper he wouldn't be in the team.

Paine got a bit negative on day 2 of this test match but it does get hard when you cant get wickets and you are physically exhausted and its 40 degrees so i can forgive him for that, but his batting is a concern for me.

I would think all things considered the selectors will overlook his lack of runs given the current lack of options. Neville is a feasible option but getting on, as is Paine so not much future in changing skippers just for the sake of it.

84 Baby

Referee
I think we'll have to stick with Paine for a year or so, there really isn't much choice.

Reminds me of when the poms appointed Brearly as skipper but if he wasn't skipper he wouldn't be in the team.

Paine got a bit negative on day 2 of this test match but it does get hard when you cant get wickets and you are physically exhausted and its 40 degrees so i can forgive him for that, but his batting is a concern for me.

I would think all things considered the selectors will overlook his lack of runs given the current lack of options. Neville is a feasible option but getting on, as is Paine so not much future in changing skippers just for the sake of it.
Matthew Wade would fit in with the current squad

Latest posts