What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Chee-Kam charged with assault on Uber driver

Valheru

Coach
These dumb f**kers get extra special lessons on how to behave in public.
If you think they don’t, then you are wrong.
They do.
Nigel Vangana runs one particular
That’s why they should get no 2nd chance if convicted.
Nigel Vagana actually works for the NRL trying to educate these morons.

I didn't say they don't get it.

I am questioning what extra education any member of society needs to not break the law.

carcharias

Immortal
I didn't say they don't get it.

I am questioning what extra education any member of society needs to not break the law.

Well
That’s why I’m saying there should be less tolerance for footy players who break the law.

Blokes don’t throw punches anymore.
Because they’ll get sent off.

Start de registering players who get convicted for stuff ...especially violence.
I bet the number of incidents will lessen.
merkins like Mathew Lodge should not be anywhere near a footy feild.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Well
Read your post again
It’s reads like you are trying to tell me footy players can’t be educated.
Which is exactly what I’d already said.

Not sure why you mentioned statues.

Like I said, education can’t outweigh ego. If you don’t understand that, that’s your bloody fault and you’ve never been around top level anybody’s.

PS I didn’t disagree with your comments to banish the offenders.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It sounds like you're disagreeing with each other about agreeing on the same thing :joy:

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Yay, another derp to add to the off season list.

Cue the societal problem excuse makers and stats buffs to compare the assault rates across the NRL to the rest of the plebs in the community.

Grow a set Todd and punish these blokes severely.

Todd already has a set!

Oh you meant testicles my mistake

Valheru

Coach
Well
That’s why I’m saying there should be less tolerance for footy players who break the law.

Blokes don’t throw punches anymore.
Because they’ll get sent off.

Start de registering players who get convicted for stuff ...especially violence.
I bet the number of incidents will lessen.
merkins like Mathew Lodge should not be anywhere near a footy feild.

I didn't explain myself well.

What i am saying is that i find this idea that sports players should be held to a higher level of accountability due to education as ridiculous because the education is superfluous. This 'education' is simply another way of saying don't do this don't do that.

To use less serious examples, everyone is told not to speed yet they still do it, we are told not to lie on tax returns yet people still do it, we are told where not to park yet people still do it etc. and the list goes on.

More serious crimes are exactly the same albeit with less offenders. Finding other ways to tell people, not just sports players but people, not to rape women, not to assault people etc. is not going to make one ounce of difference.

The severity of punishments is another issue and i do agree that lodge shouldn't be in the game.

skeepe

Immortal
Welcoming back guys like Packer and Lodge with open arms sets the wrong example and tells these morons that no matter what they do, they’ll suffer no long-terms consequences.

Greenburg has a lot to answer for here, it’s under his weak as piss administration that this sort of shit keeps happening. He needs to do more to show bad behaviour won’t be tolerated.

T.S Quint

Coach
You would ban first time offenders for breaking any law or just certain laws?

Anyone found guilty of a violent or sexual crime would be a lifetime ban.
Serious drug charges (relating to selling or trafficking) also.

Drink driving would incur a much harsher punishment than it does now. I’d say a year-long ban. It’s so easy to not drink and drive that they need to have the NRL come down extremely hard on them to get them to realise it’s just not worth it.

Valheru

Coach
Anyone found guilty of a violent or sexual crime would be a lifetime ban.
Serious drug charges (relating to selling or trafficking) also.

Drink driving would incur a much harsher punishment than it does now. I’d say a year-long ban. It’s so easy to not drink and drive that they need to have the NRL come down extremely hard on them to get them to realise it’s just not worth it.

There are low level violent and sexual offences but I guess that is another issue and yes we can all agree that the NRL needs to be harsher on players convicted.

A year long ban for low range drink driving seems harsh considering the law wouldn't even disqualify the driver from driving.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Rub sandpaper on a cricket ball;
Cricket Australia : “Nine month ban!”

Carry out a home invasion and threaten a family/stomp on someone’s head;
NRL: “Don’t do it again”

Greenberg needs to make an example of someone. But he’s weak as piss.

One is an action within a sport, breaking the rules only of that sport, where the governing body has complete jurisdiction; the other is a criminal act in a foreign country (which he was convicted for and sentenced for by the relevant authorities).

I would certainly agree the NRL should've been more concerned about Lodge's return and the compensation issue, but this kind of simplistic random comparison is not helpful to anything at all.

T.S Quint

Coach
There are low level violent and sexual offences but I guess that is another issue and yes we can all agree that the NRL needs to be harsher on players convicted.

A year long ban for low range drink driving seems harsh considering the law wouldn't even disqualify the driver from driving.

Yes it’s harsh. Drink driving is way too prevalent in this country, and seems to be happening often with NRL players. It is a dangerous action which is easily avoided.
Call a f**king Uber for f**ks sake!

As for low level violent and sexual offences, I don’t care. You’re gone.
Let the other sports be the ‘second chance’ sports. We can be the ‘we don’t tolerate this shit’ sport.

Latest posts