What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
exactly, its pretty much impossible to be "off sugar" unless you prepare all your own meals from the raw products, no sources from a packet or bottle either

anything that comes out of a packet (including bread) or a can has sugar in it

I'm also eating fruit and museli and Yoghurt every few days. I dont mind a bit of sugar. No alcohol , soada pops, chocolate or ice cream is where its at. A bit of sugar from some bread or tomato sauce is fine. It may add up too 20-40gms a day.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm also eating fruit and museli and Yoghurt every few days. I dont mind a bit of sugar. No alcohol , soada pops, chocolate or ice cream is where its at. A bit of sugar from some bread or tomato sauce is fine. It may add up too 20-40gms a day.

and the rest

muesli = sugar
fruit = fruit sugar

yogurt is good for gut bacteria, the good bacteria if you take it daily

I gave up sugar last year and lost a lot of weight and it does wonders for your fitness levels but its near impossible to give it up entirely, a little bit is OK if you are very active as you will burn it off

Gronk

Staff member
you really should have the small contracts agreements in place

for your own protection I would, you are then covered if they f**k up or go broke or get run over or what ever. If you are financing it your fiance company may require contracts

I certainly wouldn't recommend doing say $40K worth of work without signing contracts to cover you for contingencies as then there are agreements in place on how to deal with the contingencies/variations

Well that was my instinct as I am contracts driven in life.

Having said that I was seeking @Suitman ‘s advice as to was is industry standard. I feel more comfortable with a contract.

I have one guy who wants to start work on a 12 line email. Which makes my red lights flash as his vague quote could end up anything due to “unforeseen circumstances”.

I just don’t want to be all legal weirdo on tradies if they never normally deal with contracts on a day to day basis.

Eelogical

Referee
I was expecting protein balls in the mix somewhere.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I have one guy who wants to start work on a 12 line email. Which makes my red lights flash as his vague quote could end up anything due to “unforeseen circumstances”.

just don’t nt want to be all legal weirdo on tradies if they never normally deal with contracts on a day to day basis.

protecting yourself is not being a weirdo

no doubt you are referring to the landscaping contractor as they have unforeseen contingencies underground for which they will try and slug you

the benefit of a contract is that all the contingencies or potential variations are agreed to prior to the work starting

we use the same contracts in Qld but they start from $5K, most of my work is just over the border in Qld and I'm a QBCC member and its mandatory for any work over $5K to have a small works contract in place, Suity will know whats mandatory in NSW

hindy111

Post Whore
and the rest

muesli = sugar
fruit = fruit sugar

yogurt is good for gut bacteria, the good bacteria if you take it daily

I gave up sugar last year and lost a lot of weight and it does wonders for your fitness levels but its near impossible to give it up entirely, a little bit is OK if you are very active as you will burn it off

I don't have a weight problem.

hindy111

Post Whore
Good for you mate ... i tried to cut back on sugar a bit a while back ... no way i will ever say i am off/free of sugar but there is alot of stuff that is totally easy to cut out

I love chocolate and will have some maybe on weekends .
I was never a huge sugar intake person. 30-100gm daily. I know some people who would get 200gm just from drinks.
One mate was drinking 2 x cans of v a day. A powerade and 2-3 glasses of juice. That was about 200-250gm of sugar a day.
He would have a cup of tea with 3 spoons as well at night.
On top of that one bar of chocolate a day, and after dinner a bowl of ice cream and a piece of mudcake. We worked out he was having almost 1/2 a kilo daily without counting his 3 main meals.

Sticking in a range under 50gm a day would be ok imo.And somedays under 20gm.

strider

Post Whore
I love chocolate and will have some maybe on weekends .
I was never a huge sugar intake person. 30-100gm daily. I know some people who would get 200gm just from drinks.
One mate was drinking 2 x cans of v a day. A powerade and 2-3 glasses of juice. That was about 200-250gm of sugar a day.
He would have a cup of tea with 3 spoons as well at night.
On top of that one bar of chocolate a day, and after dinner a bowl of ice cream and a piece of mudcake. We worked out he was having almost 1/2 a kilo daily without counting his 3 main meals.

Sticking in a range under 50gm a day would be ok imo.And somedays under 20gm.
I have more a salt problem than sugar ... i cant get enough salty stuff!! ... i like some chocy aswell but just a little is enough

T.S Quint

Coach
I agree but reckon it might win Oscar (really who cares about the other awards? - and even does it really matter with Oscars too?) by default because in general this year's crop isn't great plus a variety of other reasons that other movies won't win.
A Star Is Born will be in mix but as I said previously I reckon it'll be this year's "nominated for everything, win nothing".
Vice won't win because despite possibly getting 2 of the best acting awards, it's otherwise rubbish.
The Favourite won't win because funnily it has 3 absolute standout female performances that'll distract from an otherwise good movie.
Green Book won't win because of the backlash of pushing the white guy as the lead (he is) over the black guy.
Crazy Rich Asians & First Man both got released too early so their buzz is gone.
There's a foreign film Roma that might be in mix, because it's artsy.
My outsider is BlacKkKlansman although it probably got released too early.
Anyway I look forward to the Delboy virtue meltdown when any of it, Green Book, Crazy Rich Asians, Beale Street or Black Panther win

Just reading through your post I’m just realising how behind I am in seeing movies over the past year.
My partner and I had a baby 4 months ago, so I’m not expecting that to change anytime soon either.

84 Baby

Referee
Just reading through your post I’m just realising how behind I am in seeing movies over the past year.
My partner and I had a baby 4 months ago, so I’m not expecting that to change anytime soon either.
A 4th month old? I’m amazed you’ve seen Bohemian Rhapsody

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I was expecting protein balls in the mix somewhere.
roflfail-gif.26108