What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first coach fired in 2019?

Who will be the first coach fired in 2019?

• Arthur (Eels)

• Brennan (Titans)

• Brown (Knights)

• Green (Cowboys)

• Kearney (Warriors)

• McGregor (Dragons)

• Morris (Sharks)

• Pay (Bulldogs)

• Stuart (Raiders)

• Other (Bellamy, Bennett, Cleary, Hasler, Maguire, Robinson, or Seibold)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'll go out on a limb and say this season we wont see any sackings. You'd have to think Arthur, McGregor and Brown are on borrowed time if they have bad years this year.

Exsilium

First Grade
I'll go out on a limb and say this season we wont see any sackings. You'd have to think Arthur, McGregor and Brown are on borrowed time if they have bad years this year.

I don’t think Brown will be anywhere near that list.

As for the rest, they deserve to be taken out back like old Yeller

Perth Red

Post Whore
How is Brown on borrowed time?

Hes got a very handy squad of players, he wont be gone this year but if Knights finish near bottom the Wests group wont want to see their investment and squad building go to waste. Hence why i think he has this year and some of next to produce or he wont be there by the end of 2020 imo.

AJB1102

First Grade
Hes got a very handy squad of players, he wont be gone this year but if Knights finish near bottom the Wests group wont want to see their investment and squad building go to waste. Hence why i think he has this year and some of next to produce or he wont be there by the end of 2020 imo.

His #7 might be meditating in Thailand again soon. We'll see how Ponga goes with 2nd year syndrome.

mozza91

Coach
Paul Green. I think there may be a bit more to last season's fall from grace. I can see him.going first. I think the Titans will be around the 8 as will Newcastle.
If they have another poor season there will absolutely be question marks over him.

Just can’t see it happening 2 years in a row with a roster as good as theirs though.

Question of the thread is who’s under fire for 2019 specifically, though.

Hard to argue with the smart money being on Arthur.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Brad Arthur for sure. Though, the more people talk up the Knights, the more I am worried for Nathan Brown if they are anything short of finals footy.

gerg

Juniors
It's still early in the year but this thread deserves a bump. Such a hotly contested field this year. Maybe one of those coloured guys (no racist)?

flippikat

Bench
It's still early in the year but this thread deserves a bump. Such a hotly contested field this year. Maybe one of those coloured guys (no racist)?

Got to think that Paul Green will be feeling the heat right now. The Cowboys appear to be heading back towards their horrible pre-Thurston kinda form.

Saxon

Bench
Green and Brown both looking risky at this point. Also, is Seibold a colour?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kearney’s definitely coloured and he could be shaky, though if they keep putting in like yesterday he’ll probably be ok.

flippikat

Bench
Green and Brown both looking risky at this point. Also, is Seibold a colour?

As a previous post said, the Knights *may* just give Brown this season and some of next to prove he can get them climbing the ladder (when does his contract expire, anyway?). When he arrived they were at rock-bottom, and they're not getting thumped anymore. If they can just learn to close-out the tight games, they'll be a top-8 team again.

Green on the other hand is a different case.. he's been successful with the Cowboys so he has a great (though JT-boosted) record, but is it time for new coaching post-JT? Sure injuries have contributed, but there's a smell about them that's distinctly "1990s Cowboys".

Canard

Immortal
Brown for some inexplicable reason was rated by members of the press and LU as a good coach.

The results so show that he is far from that. I can't see him at the Knights in 2020.

gerg

Juniors
Kearney’s definitely coloured and he could be shaky, though if they keep putting in like yesterday he’ll probably be ok.

They had the game in the bag yesterday and should have beaten an out of form Souths. Green was a big loss, he probably closes out that game yesterday.

I think Siebold is safe this year regardless of results. Brown and Green are both gone if they don't get a sniff of the top 8.