What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Nice idea, but looks pretty boring compared to the rest. Brisbane just straight up stole Golden State’s NBA jersey!

B9F3BD27-96B8-4116-A475-1710A50CAC48.jpg
Skycity is taking the piss a bit isn't it

I wonder how Panthers fans feel about their dreadful emblem, released a few years ago now. I would’ve burned the Leagues Club down had it been my club - do fans really like that Gorilla with claws?

Their previous crest (in use for well over ten years) was so good, too. Very sinister. A shame.

kdalymc

Bench
I wonder how Panthers fans feel about their dreadful emblem, released a few years ago now. I would’ve burned the Leagues Club down had it been my club - do fans really like that Gorilla with claws?

Their previous crest (in use for well over ten years) was so good, too. Very sinister. A shame.
Reckon they care? They’ve had one and a half rebooted logos since...

sempmrh

Juniors
The current Panthers logo is a fine modernisation of the traditional one. It's not perfect and could do with another revision but I wouldn't call it dreadful.

GAZF

First Grade
The current Panthers logo is a fine modernisation of the traditional one. It's not perfect and could do with another revision but I wouldn't call it dreadful.
It has the right intention but execution lets it down.

The original logo had the panther facing in the direction it was leaping. The current one is saying cheese for the camera. Also way too much fine detail, a terrible keyline (might not be the original designer's doing) and an awkward wordmark (great font, weird editing).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Gee you're a finicky merkin aren't ya? Relax, mate. It's not serious business.
It was the post immediately after mine, and didn't make sense, so I wasn't sure who he'd quoted, which can be explained in the next part of my reply.
I did? Skycity is actually the major sponsor of the New Zealand Breakers so Skycity on that jersey is actually the sponsor
My bad, I have the dickhead you quoted on ignore so the quote didn't show.

unforgiven

Bench
It was the post immediately after mine, and didn't make sense, so I wasn't sure who he'd quoted, which can be explained in the next part of my reply.

My bad, I have the dickhead you quoted on ignore so the quote didn't show.
All good mate, I understand why you would be ignoring him.

gzerounian

Juniors
The NBL teams will be wearing special "City range" singlets for the Australia day weekend games. Bullets look very golden state warriors.
IMG_20190109_195412.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

gzerounian

Juniors
How embarrassing..Very sorry. Don't have my usual devices on holidays so must have missed it. I have been to 4 Kings matches this year one of which was a sellout in Wollongong last week and I must say it is highly enjoyable. All NBL kits are made by the one manufacturer (first ever) and every player even wears identical NBL socks. Last season Mitchell and Ness had the contract. In December I was lucky to find this supporters singlet from last season reduced to $50 from rebel. I actually prefer the yellow trim on the neck and sleeves which is not on this seasons singlet.
IMG_20190109_205246.jpg
Even the most current fully sponsored replica player singlet with name and number is under $90!.. and the quality and finish on these singlets is second to none. I could justify paying $160 for an NRL jersey if the finish and quality was as good as these NBL ones instead of the cheap finish that is being sold at the moment.

Last edited:

mistertaylor

Juniors
Would love to see someone like gzerounian or gazf post a modern mockup of the cowboys 97 SL strip, with current sponsors. Thinking a slightly shallower V yoke (is that what it's called?) to allow for sponsor on front of jersey without infringing on the V.

Would do it myself but dont have the tools or knowledge to do it justice.

mistertaylor

Juniors
Titans should do a heritage strip based on the Chargers strip (1997) next year.

Then when they wear it at a home game, bring the Captain Charger mascot out of retirement to entertain the kids on the sidelines!

sempmrh

Juniors
How embarrassing..Very sorry. Don't have my usual devices on holidays so must have missed it. I have been to 4 Kings matches this year one of which was a sellout in Wollongong last week and I must say it is highly enjoyable. All NBL kits are made by the one manufacturer (first ever) and every player even wears identical NBL socks. Last season Mitchell and Ness had the contract. In December I was lucky to find this supporters singlet from last season reduced to $50 from rebel. I actually prefer the yellow trim on the neck and sleeves which is not on this seasons singlet.
View attachment 26132
Even the most current fully sponsored replica player singlet with name and number is under $90!.. and the quality and finish on these singlets is second to none. I could justify paying $160 for an NRL jersey if the finish and quality was as good as these NBL ones instead of the cheap finish that is being sold at the moment.
The quality of the 2016/17 Mitchell and Ness jerseys was higher (the year before the one you posted). Hard to appreciate the difference if you haven't compared the two. The 2017/18 jerseys were way too baggy and loose - even on the players. It wasn't until late in the season that they fixed it but by then it was too late for retail jerseys. The current season jerseys fit a bit better - especially if you've got a more recent batch because they're actually made in Australia as opposed to China.

For some reason the heritage jerseys were a completely different style and fit. They were the best NBL jerseys Mitchell and Ness put their name to.