What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Mr Negative was on the news again last night, appealing to the inner city green gentry again. Lucky to get a bus shelter built if Labour win the election, back to the days of Carr and announcements but no action. Also made a comment that the cover for the tennis complex is a symbol of over building things.

Mike Carlton, Bandanahead and Mr Negative, what a reason to go ahead and build something. Looks like committees, delays, public servants and NIMBYs win the day if this campaign wins the election.

The new bloke that replaced the Foley merkin is stupidly going down the same path. Bitching and moaning.

He knows that he is f**ked because as much as he wants to spend stadium cash on health, he knows that nearly every hospital in NSW has a crane over it right now getting work done. There is rail and road shit happening everywhere as well.

Just on the lib vs labor thing with infrastructure, let’s just be honest and say that Sydney has been badly neglected by both parties for decades. It’s only now that Gladys has got some cash after selling off a bunch of back paddocks of the farm. Same process was used by Howard/Costello who amassed a surplus in the years leading up to the GFC. Not by shrewd money management, but by asset sales.

http://www.marketeconomics.com.au/2095-more-facts-behind-the-howard-governments-debt-elimination

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure how Mr Negative can continue with $1 billion being spent on a Westmead Hospital upgrade, similar at both Nepean and Blacktown, just frightening that they could get control of the state and set it back decades.

Always glad to see Gronk able to make a back handed comment on Gladys, given he spent 2/3 years commenting almost daily on Abbott/Morrison and Dutton it's a slowdown . By the way, I only do,this to get a response, having said that what is the go with the Labour Party's policies being aimed at the greens and basket weavers that all live within 5 kms of the city centre.

At least Howard/Costello used the mining boom to get the country in a sound financial position, only to be wasted by the smartest guy in his room - Kevin07, who now livesin Manhattan - what an Aussie champion of the people.

Bazal

Post Whore
Not sure how Mr Negative can continue with $1 billion being spent on a Westmead Hospital upgrade, similar at both Nepean and Blacktown, just frightening that they could get control of the state and set it back decades.

Always glad to see Gronk able to make a back handed comment on Gladys, given he spent 2/3 years commenting almost daily on Abbott/Morrison and Dutton it's a slowdown . By the way, I only do,this to get a response, having said that what is the go with the Labour Party's policies being aimed at the greens and basket weavers that all live within 5 kms of the city centre.

At least Howard/Costello used the mining boom to get the country in a sound financial position, only to be wasted by the smartest guy in his room - Kevin07, who now livesin Manhattan - what an Aussie champion of the people.

Who gives a fifth of a f**k?

hindy111

Post Whore
Question
I have general admission membership. A friend reckons if rock up and it is already sold out I wont be let in?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Question
I have general admission membership. A friend reckons if rock up and it is already sold out I wont be let in?
They can’t do that surely. They have to reserve that number of seats in the GA seating areas.

You could absolutely take that to Fair Trading based on the information available on the membership page on the website if they turned you away.

chiefy1

Juniors
Just climb through the hole in the fence mate.

once was enough gronky. The chiefy can't take too many risks.
Trust me it feels steeper & closer in person. The rounded banks on either end make it a colosseum feel.

Suitman

Post Whore
The pics have certainly dried up since November. Anyone close take some pics

That's because it's difficult to get pics from the inside, and it's only due to Amitropo's mate that we've been able to get inside pics.
I went down on Sunday to have a look. There hasn't been a lot of change to the outside besides some cosmetic finishing. As much as it looks nice, it was hardly worth taking and posting a photo because it doesn't look a lot different to the last external pics we have seen.
One thing I did notice - from Level 7 of the Leagues Club carpark was, there is a shit load of work to do externally in just 12 or so weeks. There must be an equally shit load amount to do on the inside.
And don't forget, there will also need to be time set aside for testing and commissioning of the stadium before approvals can be signed off for its use.

One thing I have read on another website is that they have been testing the coloured LED lighting on the outside of the stadium at nights. That is one thing I would like to see a pic or video of.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
That's because it's difficult to get pics from the inside, and it's only due to Amitropo's mate that we've been able to get inside pics.
I went down on Sunday to have a look. There hasn't been a lot of change to the outside besides some cosmetic finishing. As much as it looks nice, it was hardly worth taking and posting a photo because it doesn't look a lot different to the last external pics we have seen.
One thing I did notice - from Level 7 of the Leagues Club carpark was, there is a shit load of work to do externally in just 12 or so weeks. There must be an equally shit load amount to do on the inside.
And don't forget, there will also need to be time set aside for testing and commissioning of the stadium before approvals can be signed off for its use.

One thing I have read on another website is that they have been testing the coloured LED lighting on the outside of the stadium at nights. That is one thing I would like to see a pic or video of.

Yep i've seen the lights in the morning on the way to work.

Latest posts