What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

yakstorm

First Grade

Not a Roosters fan, but really like their jerseys. They aren't the only ones, but they really have built over the years such a recognisable and strong brand, it's hard to think of a time where they released a kit (excluding Nines) which wasn't instantly recognisable as being the 'Roosters' or looked terrible (possibly their 2011 away is the exception).

Not a Roosters fan, but really like their jerseys. They aren't the only ones, but they really have built over the years such a recognisable and strong brand, it's hard to think of a time where they released a kit (excluding Nines) which wasn't instantly recognisable as being the 'Roosters' or looked terrible (possibly their 2011 away is the exception).

I am a Roosters fan & I agree with you...partly. The tri-colour, in both home & away format, is both an objectively good-looking design & as iconic & timeless as the Rabbitohs’ hoops or the Dragons’ V...& yet, I find myself yearning for something different to own. A fresh design, something entirely more contemporary. An example of what I’m talking about is a jersey the Sea Eagles released a few years ago - it was a maroon kit with a giant Sea Eagle (same model they use on their emblem) emblazoned square on the chest. Looked terrific.

Something completely new & a one-off to own in addition to the beloved classic strip is an idea I’ve long hoped the club would explore, but I won’t hold my breath.

callmack1

Staff member
Looks like they must scan the forums, as it was there yesterday but not today: http://corporate.rabbitohs.com.au/about-rabbitohs/current-sponsors/
Interesting but I think you're probably right. I was confused there for a while because I couldn't find it anywhere haha.

Yep, back of shorts for WSW

Wellington_Preview.jpg

Hopefully they are as flexible with their brand on Souths' jersey.
Gee, I really hope they are as flexible with their brand as that on our jersey because that will provide some great sponsor integration since it will hopefully fit in similar to how Alcatel is on the away jersey. That's the hope at least.

TheDalek079

Bench
I am a Roosters fan & I agree with you...partly. The tri-colour, in both home & away format, is both an objectively good-looking design & as iconic & timeless as the Rabbitohs’ hoops or the Dragons’ V...& yet, I find myself yearning for something different to own. A fresh design, something entirely more contemporary. An example of what I’m talking about is a jersey the Sea Eagles released a few years ago - it was a maroon kit with a giant Sea Eagle (same model they use on their emblem) emblazoned square on the chest. Looked terrific.

Something completely new & a one-off to own in addition to the beloved classic strip is an idea I’ve long hoped the club would explore, but I won’t hold my breath.

i secretly hope that we can return to the 1995 away jersey for one season.

TheDalek079

Bench
yeah thats it. it would be great to see that jersey used again. Its unquestionably the Roosters, but with a twist that hasnt been seen for since 1995. For youngsters it'll be novel, and for the older folk it'll bring a wave of nostalgia. Its funny you posted a trading card picture. I remember that shirt most from the old trading cards (though I cards that stick in my mind most are Darren Junee).

Or maybe they could use it as our heritage jersey for a year, to make a change from the hooped tricolours

beave

Coach

The grass isn’t always greener, be very careful what you wish for...... over sized team logos splashed on the front of jerseys is rubbish 99/100.

The grass isn’t always greener, be very careful what you wish for...... over sized team logos splashed on the front of jerseys is rubbish 99/100.

You don’t like the bull horns across the chest of the Cowboys jersey? I think it blends in a bit too much on your navy jersey, but I like it a lot on the white strip.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think it depends on the logo/team

flippikat

Bench
i secretly hope that we can return to the 1995 away jersey for one season.

I always wondered why the Roosters haven't tried an alternate red jersey with blue inside the white V (basically switching the red and blue). They've had mostly red striped alternates in the past.. a red jersey with blue and white V would be a change-up.

I always wondered why the Roosters haven't tried an alternate red jersey with blue inside the white V (basically switching the red and blue). They've had mostly red striped alternates in the past.. a red jersey with blue and white V would be a change-up.

I’m sure I’ve seen a jersey like that once before at some stage.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the red as the predominant colour. Blue or white look a lot better IMO.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
I’m sure I’ve seen a jersey like that once before at some stage.

Personally, I’m mot a fan of the red as the predominant colour. Blue or white look a lot better IMO.

roosters-celeb-160619010.jpg

This is the closest the Roosters have gone to a 'Red' version of the home kit.

The V is more based on the Away V than the home V, still again a very professionally looking kit

no name

Coach
88F2177B-3639-4E3C-A549-C88B292618EF.jpeg