What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron King signs for Featherstone Rovers

anglo

Juniors
Hi all, I'm a Featherstone Rovers fan and we have just announced that we have signed Cameron King for 2019, facilitated by our new Aussie coach Ryan Carr.

Doing a quick search through this forum it seems clear that most felt he wasn't really NRL standard at this stage of his career, but we are a tier 2 team in the Championship in England (there are 12 teams in SL and we are usually about top 4 contenders in the 2nd tier Championship so we are about the 16th/17th best team in the country, it probably equates roughly to Intrust Cup level).

Any thoughts on how he will go at this level and strengths/weaknesses? We had a glaring gap at hooker so he certainly fills a need for us.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/world-club-challenge-winner-joins-rovers-KKZMJ
(you'll laugh at the promotion in the above story but anyone with NRL experience is a big signing for us)

Bazal

Post Whore
Good team man, well liked, good with the fans. Not a brilliant defender, but works hard. Good service, good kicking game. Lost a lot of pace over the years thanks to his knee injuries but he's probably two levels better than Championship level even with that.

He'll kill it.

Incorrect

Coach
Watch for him to try and score from dummy half when within 2 metres of the try line on approximately 468 occasions throughout the season.... And come up short Every. Single. Time...

Injuries have always held him back. He seems to get one at the wrong time. Good pass from dummy half. Works hard in defence but is not outstanding defensively. He is a total professional and an outstanding person. He won the award for community work at the Eels in 2018. Was used as a utility the previous year (2017) in our reserves team. Played in the halves and at lock as well as hooker. Shouldn't let your side down and could be a good pick up if he can string a run of games together.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’s smart with good skills, plus he’s big for a hooker, though not especially strong. He is also quite slow, and I disagree that he has much of a work rate, unlike his father Chris who played second row for Parra about 20 years ago.

Cameron seems to be the kind of nice bloke the other players and all the fans love. We wish him all the best on his Mormon mission in West Yorkshire.

He’s smart with good skills, plus he’s big for a hooker, though not especially strong. He is also quite slow, and I disagree that he has much of a work rate, unlike his father Chris who played second row for Parra about 20 years ago.

Cameron seems to be the kind of nice bloke the other players and all the fans love. We wish him all the best on his Mormon mission in West Yorkshire.

So that would make Matt his uncle. And all the time I thought his dad was BB. I hope that Chris is sitting down if he reads this, he will be shocked to learn he has a son.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Cameron King

Highly gifted attacking player.
Watch for his lightning scoots out of dummy half
Watch for his inside ball to the rampaging forwards or flying fullback
Watch for him to drift across field, light on his toes, like a five eighth of olden days, and then to either break the line with his hidden power, or turn on the fleet feet or link up with hole runners.

Very solid defender.

As long as your coach gives him free reign in attack you'll have an amazing year.

Eelogical

Referee
Did somebody say 'blow fish'?

images