What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Saint Doc

Coach
The quality of the 2016/17 Mitchell and Ness jerseys was higher (the year before the one you posted). Hard to appreciate the difference if you haven't compared the two. The 2017/18 jerseys were way too baggy and loose - even on the players. It wasn't until late in the season that they fixed it but by then it was too late for retail jerseys. The current season jerseys fit a bit better - especially if you've got a more recent batch because they're actually made in Australia as opposed to China.

For some reason the heritage jerseys were a completely different style and fit. They were the best NBL jerseys Mitchell and Ness put their name to.

I agree with what you’re saying but I also preferred the 2017/18 jerseys- as a bigger guy I liked the loose/light fit. My 2016/17 jersey felt too heavy, wasn’t as long and not as breathable on hot summer days

gzerounian

Juniors
I agree with what you’re saying but I also preferred the 2017/18 jerseys- as a bigger guy I liked the loose/light fit. My 2016/17 jersey felt too heavy, wasn’t as long and not as breathable on hot summer days
Yes. Based on fit only I prefer it too as I am also on the biggish side. The current ones are tight across the belly but I can understand why this would be more appealing to a much slender human

kdalymc

Bench
why cant they just have the team name up high/a normal spot, and (if/when they get one) put the sponsor underneath like a footy jersey??? there doing a Storm and letting the sponsor determine the jersey design..

sempmrh

Juniors
There's more value in putting a sponsor above than below as you're more likely to see it in photos and closeups on TV.

gzerounian

Juniors
The brand First Ever is actually owned by the NBL. Basically the NBL is producing its own uniforms and merchandise instead of licensing it out to other companies. I sort of like this idea but at the same am a bit sceptical. Is it a conflict of interest? Are the owners of the NBL just out to make money (which they are entitled to do). A portion going back to junior development is a great idea. The one quote from this article that sort of got me off side was this :

"If you are not wearing the First Ever uniform or apparel you will be potentially supporting operators selling poor quality goods at inflated prices without any concern for the game of basketball."

I'm sure junior sides can get their uniforms made up for much cheaper from overseas rather than being made to feel guilty into using First Ever.

An interesting read.

From the Financial Review:
https://www.afr.com/business/sport/...ch-online-sports-apparel-firm-20180209-h0vudc

Last edited:

Gnidir

Juniors
The brand First Ever is actually owned by the NBL. Basically the NBL is producing its own uniforms and merchandise instead of licensing it out to other companies. I sort of like this idea but at the same am a bit sceptical. Is it a conflict of interest? Are the owners of the NBL just out to make money (which they are entitled to do). A portion going back to junior development is a great idea. The one quote from this article that sort of got me off side was this :

"If you are not wearing the First Ever uniform or apparel you will be potentially supporting operators selling poor quality goods at inflated prices without any concern for the game of basketball."

I'm sure a junior sides can get their uniforms made up for much cheaper from overseas rather than being made to feel guilty into using First Ever.

An interesting read.

https://www.afr.com/business/sport/...ch-online-sports-apparel-firm-20180209-h0vudc

Its actually the same thing thats already happening with Jamaica Rugby League mate. They own the whole brand and supply chain, and the money goes directly into their development fund.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its actually the same thing thats already happening with Jamaica Rugby League mate. They own the whole brand and supply chain, and the money goes directly into their development fund.

Looks like Toronto Wolfpack might be trying to do something re using its branding with a range of products in return for investment from the companies. You'd think a sports clothing line would be a potential for this type of deal.An interesting approach.

The new deal will see three Canadian companies become shareholders of the company.

Between them, they will invest the £5.86m. Although the identities of the companies have been withheld, this information is likely to come to light in the future.

What we do know is that as part of the deal, the Wolfpack brand will be used to launch three separate products. One is an isotonic drink, another is an alcoholic beverage and TotalRL understands the third is in the homeopathy market. These products will be distributed in the UK, Canada and Europe, while the Wolfpack will get a percentage of the revenue as part of the deal.

http://www.totalrl.com/everything-y...-torontos-new-multi-million-pound-investment/

sempmrh

Juniors
The brand First Ever is actually owned by the NBL. Basically the NBL is producing its own uniforms and merchandise instead of licensing it out to other companies.

Except they are licensing it out to another company - it’s just now they’ve got their own brand’s logo on it instead of Mitchell and Ness. They’re trying to pass themselves off as a streetwear label as well (I guess to give themselves credibility?) but I really don’t think anyone is wearing their overpriced clothing other than the social media ‘influencers’ they’re paying.

watched Greg McCallums' interview on a replay The Fan last night ..

Maybe it's through my ever Rose-Coloured Retro glasses but the old TNT Jerseys were simple but brilliant, the best the whistle-blowers ever wore.

Even The Grasshopper looked half-decent in one! That's how good they were..

LA1.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
watched Greg McCallums' interview on a replay The Fan last night ..

Maybe it's through my ever Rose-Coloured Retro glasses but the old TNT Jerseys were simple but brilliant, the best the whistle-blowers ever wore.

Even The Grasshopper looked half-decent in one! That's how good they were..

LA1.jpg
The gold ones with blue piping were the best for mine

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Looks like Toronto Wolfpack might be trying to do something re using its branding with a range of products in return for investment from the companies. You'd think a sports clothing line would be a potential for this type of deal.An interesting approach.

The new deal will see three Canadian companies become shareholders of the company.

Between them, they will invest the £5.86m. Although the identities of the companies have been withheld, this information is likely to come to light in the future.

What we do know is that as part of the deal, the Wolfpack brand will be used to launch three separate products. One is an isotonic drink, another is an alcoholic beverage and TotalRL understands the third is in the homeopathy market. These products will be distributed in the UK, Canada and Europe, while the Wolfpack will get a percentage of the revenue as part of the deal.

http://www.totalrl.com/everything-y...-torontos-new-multi-million-pound-investment/

Is Eric Perez still running the WP?

Can we please get him into the RLIF as like a consultant or something?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I'm sure junior sides can get their uniforms made up for much cheaper from overseas rather than being made to feel guilty into using First Ever.

An interesting read.

I think its a great idea. The NRL should definitely do it. Even if production is still done outside, an apparel specific logo would be very valuable long term (and it would very quickly become famous if its on every NRL jumper).

Centralising the production would give the ARLC quality control and a FAR better price which they can then put back into development (the most obvious use of any funds would be to subsidies NRL branded gear to areas that need it. Any comp/club or school program running around with the NRL Apparel logo on their collar would be brilliant marketing for the game)