What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repression of rugby league : Information to share and discussion.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm aware of a few rugby union people(Pat Howard and someone else?) involved with the Cricket Australia over this time leading into the Rugby league world cup. Just noticed a coincidence of anext Ashes cricket day/night test match cladding with the rugby league world cup final date as a tad too coincidental.

surely if cricket, infiltrated by Union lol, really wanted to sabotage the RLWC final they'd have played the second test in Brisbane not in Adelaide? Its a Stretch this one if for a nutcase like you

Pommy

Coach
I'm aware of a few rugby union people(Pat Howard and someone else?) involved with the Cricket Australia over this time leading into the Rugby league world cup. Just noticed a coincidence of anext Ashes cricket day/night test match cladding with the rugby league world cup final date as a tad too coincidental.

Ok so Pat Howard is the general manager for team performance with cricket Australia. I’m not sure he is going to have any sway when it comes to scheduling an event that has to work for Australian and British broadcasters.
You are asking someone else but it is you that has made the claim and should be telling us.

Pommy

Coach
Im not sure cricket is that popular in the RL heartland of the working class council estates of the M62 corridor lol.

I very much doubt it had any effect on the British tv audience. If the RLWC final lost tv audience to cricket in Australia then it simply shows that we are still terrible at promoting our international game.

But to suggest that a union plant in cricket manipulated an ashes test opening day to deliberately coincide with the RLWC final to steal 150k viewers is numb nuts crazy even for you lol!

Did you go to the RLWC final or did the union plant convince you to stay home?

I remember watching the game and eating breakfast in an Irish bar in Tallin so it was certainly an early game.
I don’t think many people were watching either the RLWC or Ashes at that time.

Stallion

First Grade
Im not sure cricket is that popular in the RL heartland of the working class council estates of the M62 corridor lol.

I very much doubt it had any effect on the British tv audience. If the RLWC final lost tv audience to cricket in Australia then it simply shows that we are still terrible at promoting our international game.

But to suggest that a union plant in cricket manipulated an ashes test opening day to deliberately coincide with the RLWC final to steal 150k viewers is numb nuts crazy even for you lol!

Did you go to the RLWC final or did the union plant convince you to stay home?

More than 150000 viewers PR! And that's my take on it. Too much coincidence involved and given the track record of union it's not beyond these very determined and manipulative types of people.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The RLWC Final outrated all three sessions of the Ashes test that day...

Stallion

First Grade
The RLWC Final outrated all three sessions of the Ashes test that day...

YES. Very true Timmah. And I'm glad you could search that up. And from that I was relieved this happened. The Australia wide numbers were necessarily impacted by the Ashes/World cup clash. Instead of the rugby league world cup final reaching genuinely impressive numbers of 4 million in Australia it was significantly less in audience number. If you could provide those figures that would be appreciated?
Quite often, I've relied on OZTAM numbers and other posters are not fans of their figures. Thanks in advance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So we've gone from Union stopping league being played in NZ schools, to Union planting people in Cricket Australia to disrupt the RLWC final. Whats next? I cant wait to see what the fertile imagination of Stallion comes up with next!

Perth Red

Post Whore
YES. Very true Timmah. And I'm glad you could search that up. And from I was relieved this happened. The Australia wide numbers were necessarily impacted by the Ashes/World cup clash. Instead of the rugby league world cup final reaching genuinely impressive numbers of 4 million in Australia it was significantly less in audience number. If you could provide those figures that would be appreciated?
Quite often, I've relied on OZTAM numbers and other posters are not fans of their figures. Thanks in advance.

Origin and the GF doesnt reach 4million lol.
did you go?

Timmah

Staff member
YES. Very true Timmah. And I'm glad you could search that up. And from I was relieved this happened. The Australia wide numbers were necessarily impacted by the Ashes/World cup clash. Instead of the rugby league world cup final reaching genuinely impressive numbers of 4 million in Australia it was significantly less in audience number. If you could provide those figures that would be appreciated?
You don't have the option of choosing where the figures come from. They are the ratings figures for that night and the only data available.

Please refrain from posting incendiary claims like "4 million" which is both unrealistic and unfounded and stick to genuine debate.

Timmah

Staff member
Union have had peogle impacting against rugby league in various places and realms! It's not as if it's a revelation! From the lobbyist that convinced the French govt to ban rugby league as they had friends in a NAZI appointed government in 1941 (Source:The Forbidden Game book)to the minister for sport on South Africa refusing to give funding to rugbyleague for development in 2013 (Source:Dreaneen article) It's quite a feature of rugby union's manouverings against rugby league. These are lengths that have achieved a limiting affect on rugby league. This is but another example that is not beyond the thinking and capabilities of such people. They were there and the negative impact did occur.
Stallion, what you need to understand is that the examples you've provided don't qualify as evidence to support your claim regarding the Ashes v RLWCF scheduling.

There is little doubting the examples provided above are true - that's not what people opposing your conspiracy theory are disputing. Your claim alleges collusion which is a fairly serious allegation - to make it you need evidence of this instance, not other events.

Stallion

First Grade
You don't have the option of choosing where the figures come from. They are the ratings figures for that night and the only data available.

Please refrain from posting incendiary claims like "4 million" which is both unrealistic and unfounded and stick to genuine debate.

? Rugby union world cup final achieved just over 4 million! ? Given that rugbyleague is a superior tv product ,those figures are low as an estimate and comparison. (logically speaking that is)

Timmah

Staff member
? Rugby union world cup final achieved just over 4 million! ? Given that rugbyleague is a superior tv product ,those figures are low as an estimate and comparison. (logically speaking that is)
You're using an example from 14 years prior, it's not relevant.

Stallion

First Grade
Stallion, what you need to understand is that the examples you've provided don't qualify as evidence to support your claim regarding the Ashes v RLWCF scheduling.

There is little doubting the examples provided above are true - that's not what people opposing your conspiracy theory are disputing. Your claim alleges collusion which is a fairly serious allegation - to make it you need evidence of this instance, not other events.

I do qualify that this is a personal observation? If I can't make reasonably valid assumptions where and when does discussion occur? There is a logic given the depths to which union manouverings have realised in other scenarios. I'm happy to refer to it as a hunch and continue with the discourse. Understand that their may be differing views but that's what the idea of the observation was aimed to do. Generate a discourse and an awareness that would most probably have slided through to the keeper.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I do qualify that this is a personal observation? If I can't make reasonably valid assumptions where and when does discussion occur? There is a logic given the depths to which union manouverings have realised in other scenarios. I'm happy to refer to it as a hunch and continue with the discourse. Understand that their may be differing views but that's what the idea of the observation was aimed to do. Generate a discourse and an awareness that would most probably have slide through to the keeper.
You need to err on the side of caution and make clear what you are putting forward as a theory is just that. Thus far you've presented several instances as claims of fact.

Stallion

First Grade
You're using an example from 14 years prior, it's not relevant.

I disagree with that Timmah. I'm aware it's 14 years difference however it was in Australia and was a football code world cup final. I think it's a fair comparison given their is nothing else.

Timmah

Staff member
I disagree with that Timmah. I'm aware it's 14 years difference however it was in Australia and was a football code world cup final. I think it's a fair comparison given their is nothing else.
That is where the similarities end.

Stallion

First Grade
You need to err on the side of caution and make clear what you are putting forward as a theory is just that. Thus far you've presented several instances as claims of fact.

Yes. Agree and will do so. Something like that I will highlight as a theory and personal observation. I'm good under those rules . Thanks Timmah.

Springs09

Juniors
Yes.

He abused no one in this thread until people rocked up and started shitting on him and this thread. Perhaps you should consider if your attitude towards him is what causes him and the threads to go in those directions.

Don't act like a complete arsehole towards him. If he says something you disagree with, converse like an adult instead of just calling him names like a petulant child.

And I told him very clearly to provide sources. I didn't call him names and bitch and moan like a pathetic moron. Grow up.

Yes. Add it to the conversation.

Like an adult.

It's a conversation/debate.

Not a sandbox at kindergarten.

Can't believe I had to make these bleedingly obvious responses.

Maybe you should grow up if you can't take some light ribbing. Jesus Christ.

Look over past threads in the international forum and see how quickly Stallion goes from talking conspiracy nonsense to accusing everyone of not being fans and being union spies and other rubbish. Then see how quickly the thread fills up with repetitive garbage because he won't shut up about things we have covered over and over again. 'Don't you know it's an outrage the Lions aren't playing in Australia?!' yes Stallion, we know this, we agree, we went over this months ago - continuously whinging, taking over conversations and calling us pathetic excuses for fans is not going to help anything.

I think you'll find he's the one acting like a petulant child. Besides, most of the name calling towards him and others goes on in the NRL forum and other forums. For some reason I never see you hijack threads in the NRL forum where there is constant abuse towards people like I Bleed Maroon.

'I didn't call him names and bitch and moan like a pathetic moron. Grow up.'

Geez, what a hypocrite. Don't call him names you pathetic moron!!

Latest posts