What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Richard Kennar

Big Pete

Referee
Has reportedly signed with the Wynnum Manly Seagulls and is trialing for a contract.

Kennar would provide handy depth, especially if Isaako suffers a sophmore slump on the right wing. I enjoy the way he carries the ball, he's a strong runner and had a good strike rate of 7 tries from 8 games last year. My major concern is his defence where he's capable of leaking some very soft tries turning in instead of staying out-wide.

I'm keen to hear from any South Sydney fan to get any insight on Richie. Do you think I've provided a fair summation? Is there anything you could add?

Chin Music

Juniors
Terrible stuff. But the Donkeys have a habit of signing troubled players.

May God be with them & hopefully he’ll guide them to the right path. Righteousness is wonderful.

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
He went really well for Souths at the beginning of the season then was injured and struggled at the end of the season when he came back.

As you said a good strike rate with tries. He was good at making metres out of our end after an oppositions kick. Was very safe under the high ball but had one shocker of a game in that regards. I think you were right about him coming in off his wing at times in defence.

If he plays for you like he did for us at the beginning of last season then you've made a solid signing. Doesnt sound like he'd be getting paid much either. Keep an eye out for him, he could go well.

Big Pete

Referee
You would have to think so. I believe the NRL have changed the rules where mid-season transfers are no longer considered apart of a club's Top 30.

I was surprised to learn that last year Nate Myles was apart of the Sea Eagles Top 30 despite being released to Melbourne a year prior and retired.

Currently the Broncos have 28 players under contract in their Official Top 30 squad. They have to confirm an extra player by the start of the season, which could see either Dearden or Hopoate upgraded to a senior contract.

Reactions: gUt

Big Pete

Referee
Dearden and Turpin haven't been signed to the squad.

The official list is in the NRL.com Season Preview. Even if you followed along with all the official announcements, it would only come out to 28 players as well.

I'd imagine Turpin will be officially signed by Round 1.

Latest posts