What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just checked out the 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander to replace my existing one. Seriously why would you buy some overpriced Euro trash with a 3 year warranty at double the money ?

I bought my MY19 Santa Fe Highlander back in July.

Best decision I ever made.

Drives like a dream, economical, filled with kit (AEB, 360 degree cameras,blind spot warnings, wireless Qi charging, heated and cooled front seats, heated steeri ng g wheel, memory seats...)

I love my car. It is a perfect family car.

Avenger

Immortal
I bought my MY19 Santa Fe Highlander back in July.

Best decision I ever made.

Drives like a dream, economical, filled with kit (AEB, 360 degree cameras,blind spot warnings, wireless Qi charging, heated and cooled front seats, heated steeri ng g wheel, memory seats...)

I love my car. It is a perfect family car.
Great choice. I agree it’s perfect.

hindy111

Post Whore
Same reason you bought a Rolex.

Euro trash ? The competition is Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Land Rover etc. Hardly trash mate. They make great cars.

Value is subjective. The luxury value perception obviously varies from household to household depending on needs, income etc. Marketing merkins call it the paradox of value IIRC.

I drive a Hiace

hindy111

Post Whore
If I drive something, I want it to be fun to drive and zippy.

I’ve spent a lot of years travelling for work and I’ve driven most brands when I have rented cars. Most cheaper cars are OK and will get you from A to B, but personally I want a bit more than that in a car...

...particularly I have you jawing in my ear all the way down to Yamba...

I used to enjoy fast cars till I got my van. It slow but relaxing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Saturated by choice can be a bad thing, especially when it comes to cars. Large continent, small population, so many choices, supporting all those models. To a degree, we are the worlds automotive industry's dumping ground. It would be worse if we were a LHD market.

Just get a hiace and be done with it

hindy111

Post Whore
Recently I read an article where some dope bought a second hand Audi A8 which was originally priced at over $300k in 2012.

Bought for $75k. The dope pretended to be rich and some tradie backs into it and breaks the headlight. Cost of replacement? $6000!!!

f**k that!

This sounds like a lie. I'd need evidemce too beleive it.

hindy111

Post Whore
There are lots of disaster stories about the cost of parts for luxury vehicles, I’m sure. I am on my 3rd Mercedes and can honestly say that I have only ever paid the standard service fee, save wiper blades, filters etc.

The car gets serviced every 15,000 km and it costs me about $800 at the dealer. That’s about once a year and it comes back detailed. :call_me:

Hide the car when those tradies come to quote you.
#luxurytax