What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminders of your childhood

roofromoz

First Grade
To be honest, I’ve never heard a kid say that they are bored when they have an iPad in front of them. They’d sit there for hours playing on it if they could.
The problem is when you take it away from them.

Possessed little monsters is my experience.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Walking around the city today reminded me of when we used to go for trips into the city as kids, I remember going to the Downy Flake doughnut shop which was on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool St back in the 60s and also going to the Coles cafeteria in Liverpool st for lunch.

When we moved from Paddington to Kingsford I remember my mother still liked going to Bondi Junction and we would get the hideous 359 bus which went around the world to get there, used to have lunch at McDowlells in the tram style eatery, usually it was pie and strawberry milk shake, Mc Dowells later became Walton’s.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Also had an Aunty and uncle who lived at Darlinghurst who we used to visit a lot when we lived at Paddington and also Kingsford before they moved up the coast and while we were at Paddington I remember my parents going away a couple of times and me and my sister would stay at our aunts place, I remember you could see the harbour bridge from the kitchen window, the Sargents pie factory was very close to where they lived and we would often have Sargents pies for lunch, as a kid they were fantastic pies, quite often we would have steak eggs and chips for dinner and I remember my uncle often had a long neck of Flag Ale.

7147EF70-7DAD-45DF-A8A3-D0C96CEC9B84.jpeg

Whenever our school bus would drive past the Darrell Lea factory, we’d stick our heads out of the window to try and smell whatever deliciousness was going down in there.

Last edited:
Walking around the city today reminded me of when we used to go for trips into the city as kids, I remember going to the Downy Flake doughnut shop which was on the corner of Elizabeth and Liverpool St back in the 60s and also going to the Coles cafeteria in Liverpool st for lunch.

When we moved from Paddington to Kingsford I remember my mother still liked going to Bondi Junction and we would get the hideous 359 bus which went around the world to get there, used to have lunch at McDowlells in the tram style eatery, usually it was pie and strawberry milk shake, Mc Dowells later became Walton’s.

There was a McDowells in Sydney????

upload_2019-1-11_20-42-45.jpeg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Having our parents put a few bags of fireworks in the trolley at our local Franklins supermarket.

So awesome.

I remember my father buying bags of fire works from Grace Brothers at Bondi Junction. In later years I used to buy them from the Kiwi toy shop at Kingsford.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Also had an Aunty and uncle who lived at Darlinghurst who we used to visit a lot when we lived at Paddington and also Kingsford before they moved up the coast and while we were at Paddington I remember my parents going away a couple of times and me and my sister would stay at our aunts place, I remember you could see the harbour bridge from the kitchen window, the Sargents pie factory was very close to where they lived and we would often have Sargents pies for lunch, as a kid they were fantastic pies, quite often we would have steak eggs and chips for dinner and I remember my uncle often had a long neck of Flag Ale.

Adults with long necks and normal household glasses. Flag Ale - wow what a reminder