What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

OldPanther

Coach
That's not a good thing

Edit-
Will mean that neither has taken the opportunity, Ivan doesn't know what he wants or injuries yet again

Yeah after a few weeks if they are both healthy there has to be a clear starter and bench/back up hooker.

Yep 2019 is the year we pick one. They are both off contract and one should be leaving I think. They'll both get healthy offers and we are in the perfect position to give them a go and take the best.

That's not a good thing

Edit-
Will mean that neither has taken the opportunity, Ivan doesn't know what he wants or injuries yet again

I hear you. They are both young and as Old panther says both are off contract. You would hope one of them kicks on with the competition for the spot between to the two healthy.

One positive with Cleary last time he was here he got the best out of Segeyaro.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep 2019 is the year we pick one. They are both off contract and one should be leaving I think. They'll both get healthy offers and we are in the perfect position to give them a go and take the best.

Cap wise we can't keep 2 guys when Blore, May etc can do a bench hooker job and other positions

Wookies&Cream

Juniors
Can you carry 2 out and hooker only guys though? Most squads have a starter, Backup on minimum and a few guys that can play 20 mins or so off the bench but are primarily. Halves or backrowers
I think Ivan will carry 4 forwards. One being may or the like to take some time off Egan/Katoa or whoever is hook.

The other option I see is Katoa spending some time in a secondary role position. Coming off the bench to hooker and moving to 2nd row or lock. Who knows though, it will depend on what Ivan does with the 13 and jfh IMO.

It's not my tactic personally, i just believe I know what Ivan does due to his track record.

betcats

Referee
Tamou saying him and Merrin getting shopped around and Merrin going was a rocket for him. He was pretty good last season but we really need a bit more out of him.

f**k id love to get Matulino or someone.

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Ivan will carry 4 forwards. One being may or the like to take some time off Egan/Katoa or whoever is hook.

The other option I see is Katoa spending some time in a secondary role position. Coming off the bench to hooker and moving to 2nd row or lock. Who knows though, it will depend on what Ivan does with the 13 and jfh IMO.

It's not my tactic personally, i just believe I know what Ivan does due to his track record.

We complain all we want but in the end Ivan should be left to do what he thinks is best to win games for his style.

I am thinking a few guys we think are safe won't be. Always the case with new coaches

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We complain all we want but in the end Ivan should be left to do what he thinks is best to win games for his style.

I am thinking a few guys we think are safe won't be. Always the case with new coaches

Like who? I see a coupla bench spots up for grabs and the 9 being the only spots not locked in.

franklin2323

Immortal
Like who? I see a coupla bench spots up for grabs and the 9 being the only spots not locked in.

lets see.

If DWZ is fullback. Does that mean Edwards is on the wing or these days coaches like a finisher so does MWZ or someone come in?

You said the hooker...So does the other hooker play on the bench? or does Luai play or a utility forward off the bench?

No one will deny Ivan does defence well. Part of that is a lock that rarely misses tackles while playing the full 80. Unless someone like May fills that role you'd think Yeo moves there. Where does that put JFH? prop or bench? Then who plays edge forward?

Then of course the makeup of the bench. So there is plenty of questions for the makeup of the 17

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Whare picking up a short term injury might be very handy for the side and May. Id like to see what he could do at centre

Whare has never played a full season for us. Neither has Blake so at some stage we will need to try someone at centre. May at right centre in theory sounds good. To improve the attack on the right but need to handle it in defence

Crashtest

Juniors
No one will deny Ivan does defence well. Part of that is a hooker that rarely misses tackles while playing the full 80. Unless someone like May fills that role you'd think Yeo moves there. Where does that put JFH? prop or bench? Then who plays edge forward?

I hope there is no way Cleary considers moving Yeo to hooker. We are light on edge forwards, so he needs to stay in his best position. Plus he doesn't have the passing game or vision.

Why does he need to move JFH from starting lock?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
lets see.

If DWZ is fullback. Does that mean Edwards is on the wing or these days coaches like a finisher so does MWZ or someone come in?

You said the hooker...So does the other hooker play on the bench? or does Luai play or a utility forward off the bench?

No one will deny Ivan does defence well. Part of that is a hooker that rarely misses tackles while playing the full 80. Unless someone like May fills that role you'd think Yeo moves there. Where does that put JFH? prop or bench? Then who plays edge forward?

Then of course the makeup of the bench. So there is plenty of questions for the makeup of the 17

Not really.

Edwards will be fullback.

The only real question is will Ivan play two hookers or 1 hooker and a utility.

That will determine the make up of the bench.

The rest of you post is complete nonsense. As if Yeo is ever going to play hooker.

mxlegend99

Referee
Whare has never played a full season for us. Neither has Blake so at some stage we will need to try someone at centre. May at right centre in theory sounds good. To improve the attack on the right but need to handle it in defence
Whare played all 24 games of 2013 and all 26 games of 2014 for us.

franklin2323

Immortal
I hope there is no way Cleary considers moving Yeo to hooker. We are light on edge forwards, so he needs to stay in his best position. Plus he doesn't have the passing game or vision.

Why does he need to move JFH from starting lock?

oops. that should be lock. I fixed it now.

I haven't seen anything to suggest he can play with same aggression and make 40-50 tackles in 80 mins as Ivan coached teams seem to need. I'd start him prop if I was selecting the team

Latest posts