What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Jennings played one game in reserve grade last year and it was a week when the first grade team had a bye. He missed zero NRL games through being ‘dropped’.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jennings played one game in reserve grade last year and it was a week when the first grade team had a bye. He missed zero NRL games through being ‘dropped’.

MJ is 30yld.
Why are people thinking his body can't get back to peak? He hasn't had many injuries. Always been a guy who when teams going well shines and when not looks un-interested. He has never been a leader nor has he ever been that insipriational.But that isn't his job. 90% of centres look average in a team where forwards arent dominating. Give MJ space and good time and he will be back to one of the better centres un the game.
A guy like Taka lacks MJ skill but fires his team mates up. Different players bring different things.
One area we are short is centre. BA would be mad to let MJ go. We would be lucky to get 350k for him at moment and I do not see us signing a better optioj at that price. Id rather gamble on the chances he comes good. Its quite high.

hindy111

Post Whore
I also don't mind the idea of Taka in centres. He may cost us a try every 2nd game but I love what he brings in attack. Big body and generates lots of energy amongst team mates.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hi Everyone, please read this.

Club statement

The club has today been made aware of alleged images surfacing on social media of a current player taken several years ago.

The club has informed the NRL Integrity Unit of the matter.

The club is not in a position to comment further at this time.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/01/11/club-statement/

Do you think the Roosters leaked them after they released him?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The player's name is not mentioned and only been alleged by the media. The video I saw doesn't even look like the named player.

Hence our current stance is that until the club confirm the player's name then any post naming the player has to be deleted.

Cheers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
MJ is 30yld.
Why are people thinking his body can't get back to peak? He hasn't had many injuries. Always been a guy who when teams going well shines and when not looks un-interested. He has never been a leader nor has he ever been that insipriational.But that isn't his job. 90% of centres look average in a team where forwards arent dominating. Give MJ space and good time and he will be back to one of the better centres un the game.
A guy like Taka lacks MJ skill but fires his team mates up. Different players bring different things.
One area we are short is centre. BA would be mad to let MJ go. We would be lucky to get 350k for him at moment and I do not see us signing a better optioj at that price. Id rather gamble on the chances he comes good. Its quite high.
His physicality wasn’t even the problem last year, concentration was.

With his presumably high price and drop in form he provided very little value, but he was still our best centre, and he will be again this year. Being overpaid doesn’t mean he’s not at least a solid first grader.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Very interesting that these videos are being leaked now... it’s almost like someone has a grudge that the player has switched clubs.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
His physicality wasn’t even the problem last year, concentration was.

With his presumably high price and drop in form he provided very little value, but he was still our best centre, and he will be again this year. Being overpaid doesn’t mean he’s not at least a solid first grader.

He wasnt terrible, he just didn’t “nail” a few trying scoring opportunities or defensive shut downs/reads which someone of his experience and price is expected to do.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hey Pou do you think K.Evans will get much first grade.
He just turned 26 and I still think he can come good. We have some interesting props for this season. He needed a little more weight in those legs. Hopefully he has done that this offseason.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
It’s interesting that probably some of our worse performers in 2018 (or they didn’t play too their potential) like Taka, Moses, Evans and Jennings all missed a substantial part of the off-season due the World Cup.
You're right. But 'interesting' isn't the right word for it.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I find that sort of stuff interesting. It's interesting to see how players react when they're in a new environment, and most of the time in these rep squads the attitude towards training, and diet in particular are a lot more relaxed than what they are at club level.
Yep, you're right too. I generally find it interesting, except when it happens to us.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I find that sort of stuff interesting. It's interesting to see how players react when they're in a new environment, and most of the time in these rep squads the attitude towards training, and diet in particular are a lot more relaxed than what they are at club level.
Are/were our coaches too intense OA?

gaffer

Juniors
MJ is 30yld.
every time he drops the ball or generally frigs up let him do some hit ups in the middle

Latest posts