What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks squad barred from sailing club after fracas

I want them to be good representatives of the club. I don't care if they are f**king arseholes as people. Couldn't give a shit. I'm an arsehole. But I know how to represent my employer and how to behave when I'm on the piss.

Do you think there might be some correlation between being an asshole in your truest form & generally being an asshole in open & up-front terms?

Why not advocate for them attempting to be better people in a genuine sense? Surely we can all agree that makes it easier to, you know, not be a thug or some other variety of scumbag when your inhibitions are lowered by alcohol?

Quicksilver

Bench
Because very few nice guys are good Rugby League players.

In reality the good clubs know how to manage f**kheads. Or at least keep them out of the news.

carcharias

Immortal
They make a living out of belting each other for the most part.
No wonder they have no idea how to act in public.

carcharias

Immortal
Tackling too hard has become an unofficial infringement.

Continually telling them to smash blokes from a very young age has to create some type of ingrained behaviour.

I’m not saying it’s an excuse but these blokes are not very smart and come from some pretty sketchy backgrounds.

Theyre super fit and programmed to be ultra competitive and violent.

They get let off the leash and people seemed suprised when it spills out into society.

That dope Greenberg seems to totally ignore the fact the NRL as a sport may have a part to play in it too.

Now before some idiot has a crack at me, I’m not making excuses for the behaviour I’m just saying I’m not surprised by it.

Frailty

First Grade
In public yes, at home, or on their own time, of course not. Why would I? If they're going to carry on like f**king idiots, they just need to do it in private. If they do it in public, I'm all for them being punished.

Exactly - Keep domestic violence in the home, where it belongs!

Wait.. What?

If players are completely incapable of being reasonable members of society, then they shouldn't have the privilege of playing the game at a professional level.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Continually telling them to smash blokes from a very young age has to create some type of ingrained behaviour.

I’m not saying it’s an excuse but these blokes are not very smart and come from some pretty sketchy backgrounds.

Theyre super fit and programmed to be ultra competitive and violent.

They get let off the leash and people seemed suprised when it spills out into society.

That dope Greenberg seems to totally ignore the fact the NRL as a sport may have a part to play in it too.

Now before some idiot has a crack at me, I’m not making excuses for the behaviour I’m just saying I’m not surprised by it.

You'd have to know what the % of the 450 players were total dcks to decide if it is the nature of the beast or if it is just a minority of players who shouldn't be in the top echelons of the game where people pay to follow a club and corporates pay a lot more to be associated with the game and therefore the behaviour of the employees is paramount to its ongoing success.

You do get a sense that there is a shift in the public tide on accepting bad behavior of stars, be it sports, music or film. Maybe the time is coming to an end where it is just glossed over, what that may mean for NRL where we do draw from a certain economic and personality type remains to be seen.

carcharias

Immortal
You'd have to know what the % of the 450 players were total dcks to decide if it is the nature of the beast or if it is just a minority of players who shouldn't be in the top echelons of the game where people pay to follow a club and corporates pay a lot more to be associated with the game and therefore the behaviour of the employees is paramount to its ongoing success.

You do get a sense that there is a shift in the public tide on accepting bad behavior of stars, be it sports, music or film. Maybe the time is coming to an end where it is just glossed over, what that may mean for NRL where we do draw from a certain economic and personality type remains to be seen.

Well
How many non contact sports sportspeople go on like f**kwits?

Latest posts