What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Wicket-keeper?

Meth

Staff member
That infuriated me no end. They literally acknowledged that he was superior to Wade with bat and gloves but went back to Wade for the chirp behind the stumps.

Get f**ked.

So, a wicket keeper needs (in reverse order, according to priority"

1- To be able to keep wickets
2- To be able to bat
3- To be able to incessantly chirp "nice Gaaaaaaary"

That infuriated me no end. They literally acknowledged that he was superior to Wade with bat and gloves but went back to Wade for the chirp behind the stumps.

Get f**ked.

I reckon he would’ve come good at test level with the bat, too. He’d consistently averaged over 40 in shield, scored some big hundreds. He just started off a little nervous.

Mr Spock!

Referee
maybe, but it doesn't seem to me that he was dropped for his glovework
Well I remember he was dropped because his batting form was dreadful.....couldn't even get a 50 against New Zealand, averaged 8 against Sri Lanka and was dropped ater Hobart.

Last 3 series

7no, 32, 13, 2, 9, 0, 24, 14, 2, 23, 60no,3, 6

Meth

Staff member
Well I remember he was dropped because his batting form was dreadful.....couldn't even get a 50 against New Zealand, averaged 8 against Sri Lanka and was dropped ater Hobart.

Last 3 series

7no, 32, 13, 2, 9, 0, 24, 14, 2, 23, 60no,3, 6

Thanks

King hit

Coach
He was so poor that prior to that ashes series people were calling for Wade to replace him!!

In the Ashes in England that year he broke the record for the most dismissals by a keeper in an Ashes series that won back respect from everyone.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
In the Ashes in England that year he broke the record for the most dismissals by a keeper in an Ashes series that won back respect from everyone.
Wicketkeeping catching records are basically being in the right position at the right time (literally). It's pretty much if the ball is nicked you catch it, it's not like you earn more catches by running out to long off.

As I said, Haddin had his moments but he was quite poor as well, as others have said he was picked after his prime because there was no way he was pushing Gilchrist out.

Timbo

Staff member
Peter Nevill averaged something like 8 in his last couple of test series.

3 50s in 17 tests and was dropped after the Hobart debacle.

The guy wasn't up to it.

He got a fighting fifty against a fired up South African attack in his second to last test on a WACA minefield.

What you know about cricket could be written on the back of a stamp.

Mr Spock!

Referee
He got a fighting fifty against a fired up South African attack in his second to last test on a WACA minefield.

What you know about cricket could be written on the back of a stamp.

Averaged 8 in the Sri Lanka series before hand. Did sfa against New Zealand. Then failed in hobart. Everyone knew his game was up.

3 50s in 17 tests.

He couldn't handle it. Sri Lanka showed that.

You only been following cricket for the last year champ?

bazza

Referee
Wicketkeeping catching records are basically being in the right position at the right time (literally). It's pretty much if the ball is nicked you catch it, it's not like you earn more catches by running out to long off.
Need to have a stat like misses/dismissals or average runs scored by a batsmen after a miss