What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Happy MEel

First Grade
To get a prop we'd have to lose one, you'd reckon? If you take prop and lock together, we've got Alvaro, Paulo, Brown, Mannah, Evans, Terepo, Moeroa, Kaufusi, Stone, Utoikamanu as middle forwards (not sure Stefano is top 30, but he's got a profile). Moeroa will play on the edge too, but even then I'd say we're over-saturated in the middle. I also forgot Gower, who is more of a middle these days. And to shift one, you'd have to get someone who wants that player, plus be able to sign someone better.

Of that lot the ones you'd be looking to move are Mannah, Gower, Terepo, and probably Evans. They're the more disposable players. We just re-signed Terepo, so that seems unlikely. Can't see too many wanting Evans on form, although he's better than he showed. Mannah is on his last legs. Realistically you'd think prop will wait until Mannah goes and maybe one or two of the youngsters inevitably fall away, and a guy like Gower retires.

Half and hooker are the important spots for mine...Brown could be anything, but he's completely untested, and Kaysa will never be a genuine first grader purely based on his fitness. I'm willing to give MJ another chance given how good we know he can be, I doubt ypu'd get better at this stage.

Anyway there is a whisper about a currently injured outside back being on the hit list, and whispers reported elsewhere about centres. Plenty of time to make moves yet.
Agree with this. I was being a bit facetious with my earlier post but our squad definitely need bolstering if we are to have any chance of scraping into the 8. For mine, we need a centre and/or fullback as a priority. We can go from there as to which other position we target.

Avenger

Immortal
You can’t assume a player on over $500k won’t be up to NRL standard. Even coming off a bad year you need to persist with them and hope they come out the other side. The salary cap doesn’t allow for carrying such contracts in reserve grade.

This is why proven first graders no longer get dropped for any meaningful length of time.
Who you talking about ?

Bazal

Post Whore
Isn't @Bazal talking about someone not currently at the club?? Name names you merkins, I'm easily confused.

Yes, I am.

No names, but it's easy enough to work out.

Anyway I'm not claiming to be emjaycee here. It's literally just something I heard around the traps. I personally put very little stock in it apart from believing that an approach might have been made at some point.

84 Baby

Referee
Name names, merkings

192a6602.jpg

and the bloke on the left below

192a6368.jpg

and mini-mullet

192a6442.jpg

Latest posts